ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 46
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
tredadda 08:24 AM 03-29-2024
Caleb is a very highly regarded QB prospect with all the tools to not just succeed, but also be elite. If he succeeds no one will care about his nail color. If he fails it won't be because of his nail color or what color his phone case was.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:26 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
All of these chumps who say shit like that about Mahomes as a prospect are just pissy that the talent was sitting there staring them right in the face and they whiffed on it because Big 12 scary or some stupid shit.

Mahomes had few turnovers. He wasn't some pick machine who needed to be entirely rebuilt. And many of the turnovers he had were because his team ****ing loses the game if he doesn't attempt them.

Klatt was never really anti-Mahomes, but all of this better prospect shit is dumb. Dollar General Fabio didn't do what Mahomes could do. The only thing he had going for him was QB wins in college, the most worthless goddamn stat ever when it comes to evaluating QBs in the draft.
:-):-)
[Reply]
staylor26 08:28 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Caleb is a very highly regarded QB prospect with all the tools to not just succeed, but also be elite. If he succeeds no one will care about his nail color. If he fails it won't be because of his nail color or what color his phone case was.
Absolutely, people just have less patience for the quirky stuff if the play on the field isn't good. Just look at Russ.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 08:31 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The ownership stuff was debunked so we can quit talking about that and the crying thing? Who gives a ****...when Tebow did it on the sidelines all people said was "OMG WHAT A LEADER!!! LOOK HOW BAD HE WANTS IT!!!". Not one person questioned his ability to lead or anything.

There's this weird agenda with Caleb Williams and has been for a while now...I don't get it. Like saying him crying after a loss points to him being immature, entitles, or an asshole? That's ****ing stupid lol.
I haven't seen that the ownership comments have been debunked, only that NFL rules prevent players from acquiring ownership. He and his father definitely inquired about the possibility of an ownership stake.

Tebow was the worst starting NFL QB I've ever seen, and he comes across as light in the loafers despite his "All-American Christian boy" persona. He would've flamed out (no pun intended) even sooner were it not for his Bible-thumping following.

Yes, crying like a baby in your mommy's arms after a loss is immature and reeks of entitlement. Plenty of athletes shed tears on the field for a variety of reasons, which is perfectly normal, but bawling your eyes out because you lost is another thing entirely.

Can you imagine Mahomes doing that, even as a rookie? Fuck no you can't, because it would never happen. Mahomes has learned how to lose gracefully. Williams clearly hasn't, thus the grade school soccer team-style theatrics. Be a fucking man and at least suck it up until you're in private.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:32 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Who cares?

Like legit why would anyone give a flying **** about this?
If I were an owner about to invest a high draft pick and millions of dollars on this guy, I would be concerned about the guy's mental state. Things like this just point to having issues. I guess time will tell. Perhaps he will do okay and then you can come back and tell us how wrong we all were. But I'm betting that it's far more likely that this guy is a bust.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:41 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
If I were an owner about to invest a high draft pick and millions of dollars on this guy, I would be concerned about the guy's mental state. Things like this just point to having issues. I guess time will tell. Perhaps he will do okay and then you can come back and tell us how wrong we all were. But I'm betting that it's far more likely that this guy is a bust.
Man going out on a limb there with the amount of QBs that bust. If he isn't any good it will have nothing to do with his fingernails or phone case.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:49 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
His mental state because of the color of his nails and phone case? What does that have to do with his mental state?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
His mental state because of the color of his nails and phone case? What does that have to do with his mental state?
Obviously if he likes pink he must be gay which means he's mentally ill according to some people that post here.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:57 AM 03-29-2024
All indications are his teammates love him and he’s also done really well in his team interviews.

That speaks more loudly than any of this stuff that people seem really keen to judge him on.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:57 AM 03-29-2024
It's pretty reeruned to think this has any impact on whether he will be good or not.

But the pearl clutching is a little much as well. How is this any different from making fun of Brady for kissing his son on the lips? Does anybody actually believe that makes him a bundle of sticks or pedo? It's mostly just jokes.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:57 AM 03-29-2024
Rodman is in the HoF and played in Chicago
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
His phone case and fingernails have something to do with his ability to throw ball good?
Good lord man.

What makes Mahomes great? It’s mental for fucks sakes.

It’s not just nails, look at all the other shit. The sum of its parts is what’s going to set up a colossal failure.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:00 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The new generation cares a lot less about this than you think.

Recently I’ve seen celebs like Drake, Bad Bunny, Chris Hemsworth and Jason Mamoa with painted nails. Chris Brown has been dying his hair pinks and light blues for years now. Guys have been wearing pink since I was in high school almost two decades ago.

It’s the wave.
I'm an old geezer these days. I had no idea this was a thing.
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I agree all this weird shit is just a side show but..... Going up into the stands and crying in your mom's arms publicly after a big loss says something about his maturity and decision making. Calls into question his toughness he will need to be an elite QB in the NFL.
Originally Posted by notorious:
Good lord man.

What makes Mahomes great? It’s mental for ****s sakes.

It’s not just nails, look at all the other shit. The sum of its parts is what’s going to set up a colossal failure.
Yeah he's tough physically but its his mental toughness that elevatesd him into the GOAT conversation.
[Reply]
notorious 09:01 AM 03-29-2024
“People think he sucks because he paints his nails.”

/ignore the grocery list of failure and mental red flags he has produced
[Reply]
Jerm 09:02 AM 03-29-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Good lord man.

What makes Mahomes great? It’s mental for fucks sakes.

What's "all the other shit"...?

I keep hearing this....that there's ALLLLL this stuff about Williams when in reality, there's nothing.

The only thing people bag on him for is the crying in the stands which is what ever.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 46
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up