ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 190
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:21 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Twitter trolls don’t like him?! Wow! Good argument! :-)
Find me a list of most diiked list he isn't top 3 on. I'll wait

How does that Tom Brady guy do in jersey sales BTW?
[Reply]
eDave 10:24 AM 06-26-2021
Riviting discussion.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:37 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Riviting discussion.
Good point...we need some better games this weekend
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:51 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Riviting discussion.
Reminds me of the Alex Smith years. The actual games just got in the way of the 24/7 topic.

And people wonder why ESPN is still popular.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 11:06 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Find me a list of most diiked list he isn't top 3 on. I'll wait

How does that Tom Brady guy do in jersey sales BTW?
Definitely not top of the league anymore. You should know this. We have the number one guy now. Comparing the Lebron hate to the Brady hate is a little empty handed until Lebron is actually caught cheating and suspended by the league like Brady was.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:17 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It’s like you didn’t even read my reply to your post.

I’m saying that he would have contributed to it, not that he would’ve single handedly ruined the guys life with one tweet.

You are seriously underestimating his power and influence if you don’t think he could’ve possibly contributed to ruining this guys like if there were no body cam footage for everybody to see.

If a bunch of nobody’s can ruin somebody’s life, which the mob has absolutely done, Lebron can absolutely contribute to it himself.

Also, the fact that you are ignoring how douchy his response to the backlash after was goes to show that the only bias here is you. He didn’t apologize or even acknowledge that he was wrong. All he did was deflect and it was the epitome of douchy behavior. It was cowardly considering he was the one preaching “ACCOUNTABILITY” at the same time.

It doesn’t matter whether it’s KD, MJ, or whoever, you are always on Lebron’s side. You might not be a full on Bronsexual like KCC, but it couldn’t be more obvious that you have a soft spot for him for whatever reason. I’ve honestly never seen you say anything bad about the guy. You’ll do it with Brady, MJ, KD or anybody else, but not Lebron. With him you are always on the defensive side.

I’m not even going to get too far into the political stuff because I like you, but I couldn’t disagree more. It’s not an “emotional issue” for Lebron. It’s an opportunity to virtue signal and nothing more. He tweets his bullshit then continues living his life. Are you really that naive to believe that this kind of stuff truly affects him emotionally? JFC.

And this isn’t just one incident. This is what Lebron does.

He claims that “police are being hunted by black people”. He claims that he’s afraid for his life when he’s clearly full of fucking shit.

Either you have ignored Lebron’s antics for his entire career, or you will defend him at any cost, because I can probably write a book on why Lebron is a fucking huge douche. This is just one of his worst and most recent examples, not a cherry picked one by any means.
Well, if you want my history of supporting Lebron, here's what I can say:

1. I've loved watching him play. I love it when players are just physically imposing over everybody else. Shaq was my favorite player in the late 90s/2000s for that same reason. So very early on I had a soft spot for him.

2. Because of how good he was in high school (no fault of his own) people gave him this "chosen one" label, which caused a bunch of old dudes to get pissy about it as if anything Lebron would accomplish in his career was shitting on the legacies of vets of those who had done it before him. Mostly from overly brittle Jordan fans, but Kobe people were also annoying as fuck about the early Cavs days when Anderson fucking Verejao was the 2nd best player on the team and the GM/owner just shrugged their shoulders and went, "Oh well. Here's Moe Williams. Better?"

3. I didn't care about "The Decision." It was bad optics, and that for sure made the world hate him. I get it. I just don't really fucking care about it, that's all.

4. Let's get a few things straight. I hate KD for reasons I previously described. For years I've been boxed into a corner of MJ haterdom that I never asked for. What I DO hate are people who tear down current players because they're not Jordan. And you can go, "It's KC Connection!" all you want, but this has been going on for years. Lebron can't win a ring without all you guys cackling about Jordan. He comes back from down 3-1 in the finals with Cleveland and some of you won't give the man any fucking credit all because Jordan. And the other part I will push back against is the notion that MJ can be the world's biggest asshole in the name of achieving greatness and that's just fine, but nobody else can do that. Behavior is behavior, and it's either acceptable or it's not.

5. This is tacked on to #4, but don't compare Brady to any of these guys. Michael Jordan, KD, Lebron doesn't matter... they're all professional goddamn athletes who have dominated their respective eras of a sport. Tom Brady is a pudgy college kid who got into Marianne Williams magnet therapy faith healing bullshit. Big difference.

6. I'm not going to respond to the "virtue signal" comment because that will take this thread down the DC rabbit hole. I'll only say this: I think you're wrong and I disagree. And I'm going to leave it at that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:18 AM 06-26-2021
Now let's talk about you. Do you ACTUALLY like KD? I saw you pages ago tell a guy to fuck off when he said KD could go fuck himself. That seems like pretty damn defensive behavior. You can enjoy watching him play basketball, that's fine, but at that moment you seemed to bristle when somebody dared to say they didn't feel sorry for him in his playoff loss. Do you not acknowledge why people think tucking in his tail and joining the Warriors is shameful? Or how the burner account thing is reeeeeeally not a good look and goes far beyond just being "weird"?

And do try to answer the question WITHOUT talking about Lebron James.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:21 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Now let's talk about you. Do you ACTUALLY like KD? I saw you pages ago tell a guy to fuck off when he said KD could go fuck himself. That seems like pretty damn defensive behavior. You can enjoy watching him play basketball, that's fine, but at that moment you seemed to bristle when somebody dared to say they didn't feel sorry for him in his playoff loss. Do you not acknowledge why people think tucking in his tail and joining the Warriors is shameful? Or how the burner account thing is reeeeeeally not a good look and goes far beyond just being "weird"?

And do try to answer the question WITHOUT talking about Lebron James.
I’ve never once defended KD off the court. I literally just said in the last few pages that he’s a weirdo and overly sensitive.

I like KD the basketball player, but that’s it.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:24 AM 06-26-2021
And since you seem to think that there aren’t countless examples of Lebron being a douche….

Here is Lebron being a dick to a kid early in his career:

https://youtu.be/APObxATFsrQ

Here is Lebron pretending to read:

And if you think those pics are taken out of context, 2 of those are the same fucking book. You can see it if you zoom in. It’s a Malcolm X biography.

And if that’s still not enough, here he is giving his “book report” on it when he clearly hasn’t read shit:

https://youtu.be/VdOtyUPcRxg

It couldn’t be more obvious that this dude is a fucking phony.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:28 AM 06-26-2021
Here is Lebron claiming that black people are being “literally hunted every day and every time we step out of the comfort of their homes”:

We’re literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes! Can’t even go for a damn jog man! Like WTF man are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!? No man fr ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I’m sorry Ahmaud(Rest In Paradise) and my prayers and blessings sent to the..... pic.twitter.com/r1PNxs8Vgn

— LeBron James (@KingJames) May 6, 2020

I’ve said over and over that Lebron is the 2nd best player I’ve ever seen, but how anybody can defend the man himself and his antics is beyond me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:31 AM 06-26-2021
Man, those Bucks sure did a neat thing last night.
[Reply]
jettio 11:32 AM 06-26-2021
This is bullshit.

Why is the NBA playoffs thread the spot to see political posts about players whose teams are eliminated?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
This is bullshit.

Why is the NBA playoffs thread the spot to see political posts about players whose teams are eliminated?
Oh shut the fuck up cry baby bitch.
[Reply]
jettio 11:36 AM 06-26-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh shut the **** up cry baby bitch.
Thread ban is in order. Why not? all of your posts in the thread are political.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:37 AM 06-26-2021
Just a friendly fucking reminder, here -

Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's safe to say thread bans aren't working, at least for the handful of people who simply can't keep politics out of any given conversation.

Due to continued reported posts and general frustrations around inserting politics into absolutely everything, and idea came up to restrict people to DC, much like the Romper Room.

So, everyone gets three thread bans as warnings, and after that will get a vacation in DC (the other forums will be view only). The thread bans and DC vacations will be posted in the transparency thread.

Just like several other rules, there's of course gray area and it doesn't really matter where the line is drawn, because those who can keep politics out of the Lounge will never come close to the line and those who can't will insist on running right up to it.

Generally speaking, we're talking about political opinions or blatantly inserting politics into a thread that isn't even a little bit on topic, or otherwise leaking DC BS into the Lounge or other forums.

[Reply]
Page 131 of 190
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181 > Last »
Up