ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 167
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
O.city 02:01 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I feel like if over 15 years the Chiefs never drafted any offensive players in round 1, routinely let his best players walk while constantly asking him to carry them...Mahomes might be snarky too.
Oh for fucks sake.

They haven't drafted a WR in the first round, big fucking deal. He's made big contract after big contract and has had the 1 seed and had Devante...etc etc.

Fuck him. He wanted the smoke, then when shit doesn't go his way he wants to blame anyone and everyone. GTFO with that. He's the ultimate front runner.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:02 PM 10-25-2022

"Yes, we're 3-4 and just lost to the Holy Trinity of Daniel Jones, Zach Wilson and Taylor Heinicke. But hey, I'm playing fantastic ball!" https://t.co/0Ao6rEzC7X

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) October 25, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:05 PM 10-25-2022
https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...2022-breakdown
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:05 PM 10-25-2022
I know most dont like him but the packers have mis managed the shit out of his career after he wont he super bowl.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

What an unbelievable douche. My coach says I played great. The exact polar opposite of how you want your QB to behave.

They had a chance to trade this guy for all the draft picks in the world. Should have taken it.
I cannot understand how he's just so insecure at this point in his career.

You've been in the league for 15 years. You're a first ballot Hall of Famer. You're independently wealthy. Your legacy in this sport is as secure as secure gets.

For fucks sake man, it's "We" when you win and "I" when you lose. Jump on every grenade that gets tossed out there. There is simply NOTHING to be gained by being a shitheel in public.

In the locker room if you want to put a charge into somebody (and it had better be targeted and you'd better be confident this is the sort of person that responds to that sort of thing) - sure, be a prick. It really works with some people.

But FFS man, you just suck something awful.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:05 PM 10-25-2022
I feel like if over 15 years the Chiefs never drafted any offensive players in round 1, routinely let his best players walk while constantly asking him to carry them...Mahomes might be snarky too.
Uh except they’ve given him good weapons over the years. They just weren’t first rd picks

James Jones, Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Davante Adams, Jeremichael Finley (before injury), Aaron Jones.

Hell even MVS, Aaron Lazard, Robert Tonyan and now Romeo Doubbs are decent players.

Their OL is always top tier too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:06 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Very interesting read.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:08 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Originally Posted by :
Not only is Rodgers struggling to extend plays, but he’s also struggling to push the ball downfield without superstar receiver Davante Adams opening up the offense. Rodgers is currently tied with Kyler Murray among full-time starters this year with just 3.4 air yards per pass attempt.

Rodgers is still wanting to throw deep, but the timing with his new receivers and his usually perfect ball placement is no longer there. His numbers on throws 20-plus yards down the field aren’t great, completing just 30.3 percent of his passes for a passer rating of just 81.1 with three touchdowns and an interception.
But his coach said he played great!

Originally Posted by :
That kind of dead cap hit would crush the Packers financially and hinder the chances of an immediate rebuild for the post-Rodgers era. It would also make contract negotiations extremely difficult for upcoming free agents including Allen Lazard, Elgton Jenkins and Adrian Amos.

With Rodgers’ contract looming over the team, the front office has no choice but to try and appease the future Hall of Famer, conceding on requests to keep him around while trying to fight for relevancy with a quarterback who is simply not playing at a high level.
He's like the cornfield kid from the Twilight Zone. It's a good thing you did that Aaron. A gooooooood thing.
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 02:09 PM 10-25-2022
Let him go. His day in the sun is over.
[Reply]
O.city 02:12 PM 10-25-2022
And fuck the Packers too. You drafted Love and were to gutless to move on from Rodgers. This is on you.

Similar to the Colts, you had HOF QB after QB drop into your laps. Sorry if I won't serenade you to sleep over this shit blowing up in your face. I hope it gets way worse.
[Reply]
crispystl 02:14 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's a big part of the problem.
And even if he wasn't... that attitude of his is NOT conducive to growth or learning for the younger guys that are making mistakes. His shitty play and his shitty attitude are most certainly exacerbating the problems. Unfortunately for Packers fans he's too much of an asshole/lacks the "give a shit" to realize this.

Thank God for Patrick Mahomes! He was more mature the first day he set foot in an NFL practice facility than Rodgers is to this day. His maturity level is criminally underrated.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:17 PM 10-25-2022
I really don't care what he said to be honest. Anyone that has watched 5 minutes of the Packers can see their offensive talent is a flaming pile of trash.
Shouldn't the fact that MVS looks like a MUCH better player with Patrick Mahomes working with him mean something in this discussion?

Wanna bet that Mahomes could get a career year out of Alan Lazard as well?

Or maybe if he wasn't insisting on tearing up his contract and getting a raise every other year, they'd have the cost certainty they'd need to plan on an extension for someone like Adams or even MVS.

And again, the guy's just a prick. If you're a WR, why would you stay for less than a premium? Why would you sign early and provide organizational stability?

Nobody - absolutely nobody - is more responsible for the state of the Packers the last 10 years than Aaron Rodgers. And none of it has anything to do with his talent - it's his petty selfishness that creates all these problems.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:19 PM 10-25-2022
The Packers could have traded him for the world instead of giving him this last contract. Dum dum dum.

Some team would have offered 3 #1s and a shit-ton more picks for Rodgers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly.

I'll see if I can find the footage of the SF postgame where MVS was all over Mahomes like he couldn't get enough of the guy. In Mahomes, he's got a guy that will help him get better instead of just telling him he's doing it wrong.
And again, MVS came to Mahomes and mentioned that the deep shot would be there the next time they ran a similar route concept.

I just can't imagine a world where MVS is comfortable enough to do with with Rodgers. Because god help him if he's wrong.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:20 PM 10-25-2022
Not a chance. He'd be sneered at even if he was right then Rodgers would take the credit for spotting it.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 167
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Up