ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 225 of 2688
« First < 125175215221222223224225 2262272282292352753257251225 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:51 AM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Three possibilities

1. The QB to be drafted is so good he's worth it no matter what
2. The other talent to be drafted is so mediocre it's the best decision in an off draft year
3. The QB situation at present is so bad anything is better.

You clearly feel it is entirely #3. Two problems. The present QB is still the franchise starter, and if the move is out of desperation, then the QB drafted will likely not meet expectations either.

My opinion is that it's about 75% #1, with the remainder a mix of hoping for an eventual long ball expansion and acknowledgment of the long view that they're eventually going to need a replacement due to age no matter what. But that plays into #1 as well, as it's a longer view that the QB drafted is not only a great acquisition now, but is likely to be one of the best acquisitions to be had for the next few years.

Your hatred of Alex has blinded you so much that you don't even realize how much it devalues Mahomes. If Mahomes is nothing more than a desperate bid to be rid of Alex, then we're in for another decade of misery instead of just a few years.

If any of the other scenarios you cited saw what I believe Dorsey saw in Mahomes, they'd be stupid not to move up as well regardless of their present starter. And I'm not going to go back and track down every rumor and speculations, but I seem to recall that we weren't alone in the scramble to move up to get him. Fortunately, though, we were the only team to lay the groundwork with Buffalo beforehand.
Another brain dead Alex Smith Apologist attempting to spin a narrative that puts his/her beloved Alex in a positive light.

NFL teams do not replace 33 year old (i.e. prime of their careers) starting QB's that are "franchise QB's", regardless of how highly they may rate a QB draft prospect.

Here is the challenge for you as an unabashed Alex Smith Apologist... provide another example of a team trading up 17 spots in the first round of the NFL Draft to draft a QB when they have a healthy 33 years old starting QB who is a "franchise QB".

I'll give you hint... teams that have a healthy 33 year old "franchise QB" do not actively look to replace their starting QB... and trading up 17 spots to draft a QB is the very definition of "actively looking to replace your starting QB".
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:54 AM 06-17-2017
I don't think I would consider Alex completely healthy.

His brain have been scrambled a lot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:57 AM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Matt Ryan is 32 years old heading into the 2017 season... do you see Atlanta trading up 17 spots in the first round for a QB?

Aaron Rodgers is 33 years old heading into the 2017 season... do you see Green Bay trading up 17 spots in the first round for a QB?

Joe Flacco is 32 years old heading into the 2017 season... do you see Baltimore trading up 17 spots in the first round for a QB?

Drew Brees is 38 years old heading into the 2017 season ... do you see New Orleans trading up 17 spots in the first round for a QB?

Phillip Rivers is 35 years old heading into the 2017 season... do you see Los Angeles trading up 17 spots in the first round for a QB?

Teams who are satisfied with their 33 year old or slightly older starting QB do not trade up 17 spots in the first round of the NFL Draft to draft a QB.

The Chiefs have demonstrated they know that Alex Smith is nothing more than a game manager QB.

Only your fat ass and your fellow Alex Smith Apologists are still holding onto the bizarre fantasy that Alex Smith is a "franchise QB".
Game, set, match.

88 just took a logic club to baby seal McCloud.

[Reply]
Buckweath 07:58 AM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
Smith sucks. How much more proof could there be to prove it. We see it every game.
Smith is average. You can win a SB with him but it is very unlikely. It is what it is.

He has been great for this franchise considering what they had before and despite little success in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:07 AM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

Did you check out that pass towards the end of the report? It looks like 2PM is throwing a little dump pass by the way he sort just flicks the ball- but then the camera pans and it is a 15 to 20 yard perfect loft pass right over the defending that hits the guy right in the hands - in stride - allowing for extra yards after the catch.

That is one area the current QB could improve on. How many times have we seen passes slightly behind wide open guys, or high, or low, that have allowed the defender to catch up to our receivers and negate what would be HUGE plays / first downs / yards after the catch?

Yes it is just one practice pass, but it was soo effortless. :-)

I can't wait to see more of this. I know the haters are going to jump on every incompletion and interception in TC, but I am pumped for preseason games like never before.
[Reply]
ILChief 08:07 AM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Smith is average. You can win a SB with him but it is very unlikely. It is what it is.

He has been great for this franchise considering what they had before and despite little success in the playoffs.
This. He was good for us at the time but it has run its course. Time to take the next step
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:20 AM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Another brain dead Alex Smith Apologist attempting to spin a narrative that puts his/her beloved Alex in a positive light.

NFL teams do not replace 33 year old (i.e. prime of their careers) starting QB's that are "franchise QB's", regardless of how highly they may rate a QB draft prospect.

Here is the challenge for you as an unabashed Alex Smith Apologist... provide another example of a team trading up 17 spots in the first round of the NFL Draft to draft a QB when they have a healthy 33 years old starting QB who is a "franchise QB".

I'll give you hint... teams that have a healthy 33 year old "franchise QB" do not actively look to replace their starting QB... and trading up 17 spots to draft a QB is the very definition of "actively looking to replace your starting QB".
The inescapable fact is that, regardless of what you think of Alex, if moving up for Mahomes is something no team with a solid QB would do, that makes Mahomes a desperation move and just extended our QB misery.

I don't believe that to be true. I believe that Dorsey identified Mahomes as a solid future for the position. And I believe that a lot of other teams agreed. If you want to twist that into a 'crush on Smith' it's just further evidence of your obsession.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:25 AM 06-17-2017
if moving up for Mahomes is something no team with a solid QB would do, that makes Mahomes a desperation move and just extended our QB misery.
Smith isn't solid.

The team has determined he is a roadblock to playoff success.

They can't get to where they want to go with him as a starter.

You can't win a championship with a QB who is poor on third down, is a bad intermediate passer and a terrible deep passer, and to boot is losing his scrambling ability.

Wake and smell the coffee. It's a game manager roast.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:26 AM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Coogs:

I can't wait to see more of this. I know the haters are going to jump on every incompletion and interception in TC, but I am pumped for preseason games like never before.
Great post, I couldn't agree more.

I am not sure why some were making such a big deal that he threw some picks in OTA's because that is exactly where you want 2PM to be making those kinds of mental errors. In practice, in front of his coaches so they will correct him on what went wrong that play. Comments have been made that he is not making those same mistakes repeatedly and has already spent months making his footwork NFL ready.

I think that is what I like about him most, he is humble, knows he has a lot of room to improve and is attacking it from every direction to get better. I love that fire in him that is pushing to be the best out there.

Really, what more can we ask of the kid? :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 08:30 AM 06-17-2017
To be completely fair, I wouldn't pick Mahomes over Big Ben or Brady. Beating first ballot HOF's is extremely difficult in general as only Flacco has done that

Fortunately it looks like Big Ben and Brady/Hoodie will be done in 2-3 years and more parity will be the result.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:31 AM 06-17-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Smith isn't solid.

The team has determined he is a roadblock to playoff success.

They can't get to where they want to go with him as a starter.

You can't win a championship with a QB who is poor on third down, is a bad intermediate passer and a terrible deep passer, and to boot is losing his scrambling ability.

I lay out analysis completely independent of Alex.
Claynus responds with his umpteen billionth post of what he thinks of Alex.
Retardation persists.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:31 AM 06-17-2017
Smith isn't solid.

Smith's mild ground coffee... the morning brew... when you just want to have an average day.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:39 AM 06-17-2017
I lay out analysis completely independent of Alex.
Claynus responds with his umpteen billionth post of what he thinks of Alex.
Retardation persists.
No, you insinuated that he was "solid."

The facts are, he isn't, and if he was, they wouldn't have moved up for Mahomes.

2018 Smith will be 2017 Maclin. Adios, gringo.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:44 AM 06-17-2017
No, you insinuated that he was "solid."

The facts are, he isn't, and if he was, they wouldn't have moved up for Mahomes.

2018 Smith will be 2017 Maclin. Adios, gringo.
I didn't say or insinuate anything about Alex's solidness.

I said if the only justification for moving up is a shaky existing quarterback [which you seem to assert here], then that is not a good omen for Mahomes' future.

You just Ryan Sims-ed your new QB. Congrats.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:49 AM 06-17-2017
I didn't say or insinuate anything about Alex's solidness.

I said if the only justification for moving up is a shaky existing quarterback [which you seem to assert here], then that is not a good omen for Mahomes' future.

You just Ryan Sims-ed your new QB. Congrats.
The Chiefs current QB situation has absolutely nothing to do with Mahomes future.

How good or bad he is as a player will be determined entirely on his own merit.

This isn't a Geno Smith or Jimmy Clausen situation where the team reached too far for a middling prospect.

Also comparing him to Ryan Sims is comical given that turd of a front office vs the one currently locking shit down at 1 Arrowhead.

But yes, you did imply Smith in your post. Absolutely you did. Every post you have made about the QB situation since we drafted Mahomes is laced or even dripping with pro-Alex bullshit.

Knock it off. No one wants this cuck in KC anymore.
[Reply]
Page 225 of 2688
« First < 125175215221222223224225 2262272282292352753257251225 > Last »
Up