ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Maryland's Key Bridge collapses after it was struck by a container ship
stumppy 05:28 AM 03-26-2024
Hmmm

That ship also had a recorded incident a few years back. https://t.co/y6rx4VBlqC

— Chris (@flyrogo) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:31 AM 03-26-2024
hell of thing to wake up too

crazy bad
[Reply]
RedinTexas 05:42 AM 03-26-2024
The bridge collapse was just a reenactment of Lamar Jackson in the AFC championship game.
[Reply]
Womble 05:46 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
The bridge collapse was just a reenactment of Lamar Jackson in the AFC championship game.
If you're going to make jokes about people dying just hours after the incident, at least try and make it somewhat funny.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 05:47 AM 03-26-2024
Some footage of the bridge now that the sun is coming up.

🚨#BREAKING: Morning Daylight reveals the aftermath of the mass casualty event of the Scott Key Bridge collapse

📌#Baltimore | #Maryland

Watch As morning daylight approaches, it reveals the devastating aftermath of an early morning incident after a large cargo ship from… pic.twitter.com/zzXBuUB5m0

— R A W S A L E R T S (@rawsalerts) March 26, 2024

[Reply]
Kman34 06:08 AM 03-26-2024
This is awful.. Looking forward to see what exactly happened on that ship.. Criminal charges maybe coming…
[Reply]
scho63 06:09 AM 03-26-2024
I HATED driving over that bridge. I tried to avoid it every chance I had when driving from property to property unless no other option.

We have a lot of shitty bridges in this country. Piss poor infrastructure. East Coast and Midwest have a ton of steel garbage we all drive over daily.
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:21 AM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I HATED driving over that bridge. I tried to avoid it every chance I had when driving from property to property unless no other option.

We have a lot of shitty bridges in this country. Piss poor infrastructure. East Coast and Midwest have a ton of steel garbage we all drive over daily.
No bridge is designed to take that kind of impact.
[Reply]
cdcox 05:31 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:

There is no bridge in the world that can withstand a direct impact with a fully-loaded container ship.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:52 PM 03-26-2024
Originally Posted by cdcox:
There is no bridge in the world that can withstand a direct impact with a fully-loaded container ship.
Especially one that appears to have lost power
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 06:09 PM 03-26-2024
That won't stop people from using it as a political football. It's like control demolitions of buildings that got hit by planes.
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:46 PM 03-27-2024
When has this ever happened before?
[Reply]
Otter 12:49 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58:
When has this ever happened before?

In recent history...
I
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 12:57 PM 03-27-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:

Transport ships hitting overhead bridges is a rare but serious occurrence that can result in significant damage to both the ship and the bridge, as well as potential environmental and safety hazards. While such incidents are relatively uncommon, here are a few notable examples:

• Bay Bridge Collision (San Francisco, USA - 2007): In November 2007, the container ship Cosco Busan struck a support tower of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge in dense fog. The collision resulted in a gash in the ship's hull, causing a significant oil spill into the San Francisco Bay.
  • River Thames Collision (London, UK - 2015): In September 2015, the cargo ship Saga Sky collided with the underside of the Kew Railway Bridge on the River Thames in London. The collision caused damage to the bridge, and the ship was stuck underneath for several hours, disrupting river traffic.
  • Ems River Collision (Germany - 2020): In December 2020, the cargo ship Siderfly collided with a railway bridge over the Ems River in northern Germany. The collision caused significant damage to both the ship and the bridge, leading to the closure of the railway line.
  • Suez Canal Incident (Egypt - 2021): While not a collision with a traditional overhead bridge, the incident involving the container ship Ever Given in the Suez Canal in March 2021 can be seen as a similar type of mishap. The ship ran aground and became wedged diagonally across the canal, blocking traffic in one of the world's busiest shipping lanes for nearly a week, causing significant disruption to global trade.
These incidents underscore the importance of proper navigation procedures, communication, and situational awareness for maritime traffic to avoid collisions with bridges and other structures.
I meant to cause bridge to just collapse

Ships have done damages before, but I’ve never seen so much of a bridge just collapse into the water from being hit by a ship.
[Reply]
scho63 06:40 AM 03-26-2024
Imagine being on that bridge in your vehicle and seeing it begin it's slow collapse and know you had no ability to get off. That's awful.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up