ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>So found out my cat is diabetic..
Mecca 12:40 PM 06-21-2021
Anyone have any experience in having a pet with this condition and what that's like?
[Reply]
Coach 04:27 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
All of our rescue animals overeat. Every single one of them. The animals we raised from birth don't do it, at least not to the degree the rescues do.

We have one dog who gets a mouthful of food and carries it into the hallway before he actually eats it.
Yeah, it's a psychological thing for pets. When they are rescues, they typically are not fed enough that they are malnourished. So they must feel the need to eat at much as they can, so they won't "starve", so to speak.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:48 PM 06-22-2021
I prefer disease-free kitties personally.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:52 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Well he was fine for 8 years...I can tell he feels better already, he's back to trying to beat up one of my other cats.
[Reply]
Coach 06:32 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Well humans are disease-free initially before it develops.

So... yeah.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:29 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Anyone have any experience in having a pet with this condition and what that's like?
My cat shits on the floor. Trade you?
[Reply]
ohiobronco2 10:13 PM 06-22-2021
Our cat became diabetic after he was given a steroid for a different condition. Supposedly you can sometimes reverse diabetes in cats by taking the right steps and with a little bit of luck. Other than the regimental injections, the worst part is scooping the sticky piss out of the litter pan. It’s rather thick and annoying.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up