ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 319
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
RunKC 06:54 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Veach actually even said in his pre-SB presser that they won’t be looking to sign a “$14-15m player” due to their increasing contracts already on the roster...

I don’t think an $8-10m type is out of the question though. WR, Edge, or OL.

Part of me thinks they will try to address WR by bringing Watkins back for pennies. I don’t love it but since Mahomes is rehabbing an injury, they may opt for continuity offensively.
You just never know. That first year of the deal is always small. Let’s not forget that the man was trying to get Andrus Peat with $170 dollars in cap space last year :-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:16 PM 02-14-2021
I mean if it’s for only a couple million and you also draft a WR... I could see bringing Watkins back. Might allow you to give a ‘bigger’ contract to a DE like Lawson or an OL rather than another WR.

But you can’t just bring Watkins back alone without adding another starting caliber WR on top of it.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:19 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You just never know. That first year of the deal is always small. Let’s not forget that the man was trying to get Andrus Peat with $170 dollars in cap space last year :-)
I gotta say, I’m glad we didn’t get him too. Peat has been a major brokedick and not that great either.

I’d rather try to hit on an ascending free agent OL who isn’t going to cost us $10m+ AAV but might turn into that level of player once he gets here. Similar to Schwartz.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:25 PM 02-14-2021
I know it’s a pipe dream but I’m still hoping Watt will take a $5m-ish deal to come win a ring and eat up 75%+ of our snaps at a DE spot next year.

Just incredibly hard to find guys who can be trusted to play on every single down and with him, we’d have two at DE. Not that he’s the only one available though. It’s actually a solid edge FA class currently, although Houston is not a real option. And I worry that some of the others are young enough that they will chase the money above all.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:29 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I gotta say, I’m glad we didn’t get him too. Peat has been a major brokedick and not that great either.

I’d rather try to hit on an ascending free agent OL who isn’t going to cost us $10m+ AAV but might turn into that level of player once he gets here. Similar to Schwartz.
We made Schwartz one of the highest paid RTs at the time when he signed here.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 07:30 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
We made Schwartz one of the highest paid RTs at the time when he signed here.
Probably, but the deal was still super reasonable, like $30-35m over 5 years or something like that. Stupid good value before teams started recognizing that the RT is equally important to the LT.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:05 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Fuck Sammy Watkins. That dude is just robbing the team at this point.
It’s crazy.

Sammy Watkins has a span of a few games where he was a beast.

Other than that 4-5 game stretch to end 2019, hes been pretty much a non factor the rest of the way.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:09 PM 02-14-2021
Well again I’m not gonna like it but I do think they’re bringing Sammy back. Can only hope that they get another WR in the draft + Calloway to fill in and do well when he inevitably gets hurt.

As for OL draft folks, your wish will be granted. Not sure if it will be an OT, but after next year only Niang, Allegretti and Durant are on payroll.

It’s a damn near gaurantee that these guys are taking one in the first 2 rds.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:12 PM 02-14-2021
If Schwartz is done and it isn't looking promising Fish will be back in 2021 I think it makes a lot of sense to trade for Orlando Brown Jr. if Veach feels he is a franchise left tackle.

1.) Trade for Brown Jr.
2.) Draft a center with your 2nd rounder (Landon Dickerson)
3.) Resign Osemele if his health checks out
4.) Resign Remmers

Opener in 2021 your starting offensive line is Brown Jr., Osemele, Dickerson, LDT, Niang

Allegretti is depth on the interior and you have Remmers as your swing tackle. Brown Jr., Dickerson and Niang are your young core on the o-line moving forward.

Cap space saved moving on from Fish and Schwartz go after a legit WR #2 or another piece on the defensive line on a 1 year contract.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'd argue he's already reached the point of inevitable breakdown. The guy is never available. He can fuck off. I'd rather have Robinson back than Watkins.
yep
[Reply]
staylor26 10:53 PM 02-14-2021
I think they re-sign Sammy too.

If they’re going to make multiple changes on the OL, I can see them wanting continuity everywhere else.

As long as they still draft a WR in the first 4 rounds, I won’t hate it. I won’t really like it either.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:05 PM 02-14-2021
Cant wait for them to bring Watkins back.

He’ll have his usual breakout game Week 1, disappear for the next 7 weeks and then get a nagging injury that keeps him out of the rest of the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:08 PM 02-14-2021
Cant wait for them to bring Watkins back.

He’ll have his usual breakout game Week 1, disappear for the next 7 weeks and then get a nagging injury that keeps him out of the rest of the season.
At least we'll only be losing about $4M on the cap this time!

Silver linings...

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:19 PM 02-14-2021
I would rather they give Robinson a new deal, start him at the X and watch him run backwards 2 yards after a 10 yard gain.

I’m going to say this all offseason. Fuck Sammy Watkins. I appreciate the championship but the dude has no spot on this team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 PM 02-14-2021
I would rather they give Robinson a new deal, start him at the X and watch him run backwards 2 yards after a 10 yard gain.

I’m going to say this all offseason. Fuck Sammy Watkins. I appreciate the championship but the dude has no spot on this team.
Agreed.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 319
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up