ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 319
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Toad 04:58 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's in the last year of his contract. All he has to do is tell them "no" when they ask him to give them cap relief.

He has ALL the leverage.
Sure he could, but there are benefits to him signing a +1 year extension. It allows him to recover in 2021 (at a reduced rate / reduced playing time) and then get paid in 2022 in the added contract year.

A team may not be willing to pay him his full value in 2022 if he cannot fully recover in 2021.

He doesn’t have ANY leverage if he can’t make it on the field...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:02 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Toad:
Sure he could, but there are benefits to him signing a +1 year extension. It allows him to recover in 2021 (at a reduced rate / reduced playing time) and then get paid in 2022 in the added contract year.

A team may not be willing to pay him his full value in 2022 if he cannot fully recover in 2021.

He doesn’t have ANY leverage if he can’t make it on the field...
Achilles recovery is typically 9 months for athletes.

Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles in 2011 and was back on the field in 5 months.
[Reply]
Pants 05:03 PM 02-11-2021
I'm telling myself penguinz is 100% spot on. :-)
[Reply]
Toad 05:13 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

That would be great. I hope that is true. But again, not everyone heals the same. And even at 9 months recovery, he misses about half the season by my calculation.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:17 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

According to Ortho websites that is not completely accurate. The mean of 71 NFL players was 339 days to recover to the field with 26% to 39% not returning to the field at all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:21 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They're going to sign a 1-year stop-gap at some point.

Your day 1 starting LT will probably be Remmers or Rankin or whoever they sign.

They're not going to kick Fisher to the curb. I wish they could start fresh but it's not going to happen.
well this would be a preferred spot for a guy like Jason Peters. He'll be cheap, he could fill in anywhere in a pinch, he wants another ring. If you're not relying on him to start 16 games, but to be a swing tackle/6th man, that'd be great.
[Reply]
TEX 05:22 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Don't know why people think anything of Rankin other than always injured. He was injured with the Texans. He has been here and injured both years here. I just don't see why there is anything for him.
Yep. He is a ZERO player. Cut him. He is the exact suck- ass- often- injured player that he was in Houston. A 3rd round BUST (if there is such a thing) who is a never-was. I have no clue what the Chiefs see in this turd.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:26 PM 02-11-2021
Here's something interesting: I just looked up Rankin's draft profile from 2018. It says that Rankin would struggle at LT with speed (yup) and might struggle in the run game at RT against typically stouter players at that end. It says that the further inside he plays, the better he'll be, and even projects him as a Center....his comparable being Justin Britt.

I am making no judgements, just thought that was an interesting scouting report.
[Reply]
penguinz 05:28 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
According to Ortho websites that is not completely accurate. The mean of 71 NFL players was 339 days to recover to the field with 26% to 39% not returning to the field at all.
You have to look at the position the player is as well. Someone on the D or Oline will not need anywhere near as much recovery time as a WR or RB.

I have experience with this injury. Fisher is much younger than i was when I had achilles reconstruction and he has more time and motivation to put to nothing but rehab.

He should be ready for the start of the season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:32 PM 02-11-2021
Better be the OL. We cant win if Mahomes is running around for his life 500 yards a game behind the line of scrimmage. Eventually hes going to get a concussion or a season ending injury.

We should be able to get a WR who will take less money to get a chance at a SB ring and play with Mahomes.
[Reply]
TEX 05:34 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Here's something interesting: I just looked up Rankin's draft profile from 2018. It says that Rankin would struggle at LT with speed (yup) and might struggle in the run game at RT against typically stouter players at that end. It says that the further inside he plays, the better he'll be, and even projects him as a Center....his comparable being Justin Britt.

I am making no judgements, just thought that was an interesting scouting report.
He proved how worthless he is at both Tackle positions in Houston. He did not suck as bad for his limited stint at G in KC. Maybe he can play in a phone booth? Maybe THAT is what the Chiefs see in him? However, true to his nature, he got injured - and THAT is who this guy is. Not wise to count on him for anything long term.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:38 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
He proved how worthless he is at both Tackle positions in Houston. He did not suck as bad for his limited stint at G in KC. Maybe he can play in a phone booth? Maybe THAT is what the Chiefs see in him? However, true to his nature, he got injured - and THAT is who this guy is. Not wise to count on him for anything long term.
He was drafted in 2018, and we've had him for two years.

I mean, I don't think it's fair to say that his nature is to be injured. I DO think he's proven that he's not LT material.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:39 PM 02-11-2021
I have a feeling we find someone in FA at the WR spot relatively cheap then draft some linemen
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 05:41 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
You have to look at the position the player is as well. Someone on the D or Oline will not need anywhere near as much recovery time as a WR or RB.

I have experience with this injury. Fisher is much younger than i was when I had achilles reconstruction and he has more time and motivation to put to nothing but rehab.

He should be ready for the start of the season.
I think you got that backward. These guys are 300 lbs and are being pushed on by other 300 pounders while they are digging in and putting all that pressure on the Achilles.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:51 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Never liked Rankin as a tackle. Thought when we got him he had a chance to be a decent guard.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 319
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up