ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 319
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Shields68 04:27 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It didn't happen with Kareem thought, that's just selective memory.

In 2017, when Kareem led the league in rushing, he had 3 games with 9 or less carries. He had another 6 with 18 or less. That's more than half the season when he didn't even notch 20 carries per game.

He had just as many games with 10 or less carries as he did with 25 or more.

Reid doesn't commit to the running game, even with Kareem. It just seemed like he did because when Kareem was on, he was really on.
No but Kareem's value is also increased by his ability in the passing game. Which further helped cause matchup problems.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:28 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I bitch about it because they’ve shown over and over to be able to get good production from mid rounders or Udfa at running back.

I never said you can’t get contribution from late first rounders. I said it’s tough to get immediate cornerstone type guys there because that’s just the way the draft goes
They obviously felt that CEH was a bit more rare than you’re giving him credit for and I agree.

He’s unique in that he can run between the tackles, but he’s also really fucking good in the passing game. He’s just scratching the surface in the passing game and that’s where his value will come to fruition.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:30 PM 02-10-2021
I do see where guys are coming from in regards to wanting a DE. Raiders games made me realize that pretty quick.

It just sucks that both Its likely the only thing keeping this defense from being a top unit.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:31 PM 02-10-2021
Also, this idea that you can find great back so easily later is kind of bullshit.

McCaffrey, Elliot, Cook, Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, etc.

The leagues best backs are usually taken fairly early.

I remember when everybody used to point to Phillip Lindsay as the kind of guy you can get late. He hasn’t done much since his rookie year though.
[Reply]
O.city 04:39 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Also, this idea that you can find great back so easily later is kind of bullshit.

I remember when everybody used to point to Phillip Lindsay as the kind of guy you can get late. He hasn’t done much since his rookie year though.
I agree, like most blue chip players you have to get them early. That’s the problem. They aren’t worth that from the value they add over guys taken later.

The cowboys are the prime example. They took zeke and the lb from notre dame with the messed up knee. The player selected after those picks by the teams behind them were Ramsey and Henry.

This past season you had an Udfa and 3rd rounder up there with the most yardage.

They’re just so easy to find, good ones that is. Not necessarily great ones, but I don’t think a great one is necessary.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:50 PM 02-10-2021
I agree, like most blue chip players you have to get them early. That’s the problem. They aren’t worth that from the value they add over guys taken later.

The cowboys are the prime example. They took zeke and the lb from notre dame with the messed up knee. The player selected after those picks by the teams behind them were Ramsey and Henry.

This past season you had an Udfa and 3rd rounder up there with the most yardage.

They’re just so easy to find, good ones that is. Not necessarily great ones, but I don’t think a great one is necessary.
You’re comparing taking a RB in the top 5 to 32 though.

I’ve already said I understand the rule in the top 15-20. After that, I don’t think it’s nearly the same.

If you’re going to take a RB, the time to do it and maximize value is when you’re ready to win now.

The Cowboys, Panthers, Giants etc. wasted having those guys on their rookie deals.

It won’t be the same for us, another reason why it’s not remotely comparable.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 04:52 PM 02-10-2021

Spot on! Look at the best back/s from every division and look where they were picked. If you want to be elite at that position you better make an investment in the draft.

AFC West: Josh Jacobs - 1st round
AFC North: Nick Chubb - 2nd round (pick 35)
AFC South: Derrick Henry - 2nd round
AFC East: Sony Michel - 1st round. Yes, I understand that entire division has shit for RBs.

NFC West: For my money right now Cam Akers - 2nd round
NFC North: Dalvin Cook - 2nd round
NFC South: Christian McCaffrey - 1st round; Alvin Kamara - 3rd round
NFC East: Saquon Barkley - 1st round;
Ezekiel Elliot - 1st round
[Reply]
O.city 04:54 PM 02-10-2021
You’re comparing taking a RB in the top 5 to 32 though.

I’ve already said I understand the rule in the top 15. After that, I don’t think it’s nearly the same.

If you’re going to take a RB, the time to do it and maximize value is when you’re ready to win now.

The Cowboys, Panthers, Giants etc. wasted having those guys on their rookie deals.

It won’t be the same for us, another reason why it’s not remotely comparable.
You just listed the list of the beat running backs, the majority of which were picked outside the first round.

It’s comparable from a value standpoint. Wouldn’t you say there’s more value in say having a legit #2 wr va taking a rb in the first?

There’s really no point in arguing it again here. It’s a sunk cost now so you just go with it forward.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:57 PM 02-10-2021
You just listed the list of the beat running backs, the majority of which were picked outside the first round.

It’s comparable from a value standpoint. Wouldn’t you say there’s more value in say having a legit #2 wr va taking a rb in the first?

There’s really no point in arguing it again here. It’s a sunk cost now so you just go with it forward.
Yea because I was making a point about the leagues best RB’s not being mid-late picks or UDFA’s.

And no, comparing a top 5 pick to the 32nd is not comparable from a value standpoint. Not even close.

There was no sure fire legit #2 WR. Before you say Higgins again, this team isn’t drafting a big WR with no speed. That doesn’t fit the profile at all.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:14 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by TNTEICHER:
I have ruptured my achilles. It takes 2 years for it to be 90%. It will never be 100%
Did they fix it with strings of meat from you labia?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:17 PM 02-10-2021
A guy that could be a good fit here would be AJ Bouye. He can play man or zone and might get overlooked after a year where he was hurt and then a meh year in Denver.

I would also be open to keeping Breeland at the right price but Bouye is an upgrade and might be a value play.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:31 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
A guy that could be a good fit here would be AJ Bouye. He can play man or zone and might get overlooked after a year where he was hurt and then a meh year in Denver.

I would also be open to keeping Breeland at the right price but Bouye is an upgrade and might be a value play.
Also going to be suspended for a few games.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:03 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Bouye is gonna be pricey. Not in our range for sure.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:19 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Bouye is gonna be pricey. Not in our range for sure.
Maybe. A guy that I think might get less than what people expect.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:12 PM 02-10-2021
A lot of those veteran guys who aren’t at the top of the game anymore will go cheaper than normal. Not enough money to throw around.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 319
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up