ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 319
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:58 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I wouldn’t say we’re shooting a plan down at all.

I’m not against drafting an OT in the 1st.

I’m not even against going OT in the 1st and IOL on day 2.

I just don’t think we absolutely have to either.

If the Chiefs get better at DE and WR, they will be a better team and there could still be improvement on the OL.
I'm not even saying it's a necessary to draft an OT at #32.

It's a deep and talented OT draft by all accounts, and it would seem unwise not to take advantage of that when we have a clear and present need.

We don't have a ton of money, and we can't go into 2021 with what we lined up with Sunday. I mean we can agree there right? So who are we going to sign in FA? Where's the money come from? We're over the cap by a lot.

LDT doesn't help your OT situation. Niang will, hopefully, but I don't think it's smart to call that a done deal.

I want another pass rusher. I agree that we need to develop another WR although I disagree that any draftee starts day one. And we need to be better up front. I mean, I don't think that's an unreasonable take.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:59 PM 02-10-2021
I know one thing, if there’s any way that the Eagles cut Kelce, I’m almost certain he will be a Chief.
[Reply]
O.city 03:01 PM 02-10-2021
The problem is we need a few dudes at spots that usually get taken up pretty early in the draft. So everyone needs to start readying for a player that may not be ideal no flaws type dude.

When you’re as good as kc is every year that’s what’s gonna happen.

If they get something done financially to free up some space I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go look to trade 31 for a player.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:02 PM 02-10-2021
I know one thing, if there’s any way that the Eagles cut Kelce, I’m almost certain he will be a Chief.
Yep. Problem is there's next to no reason for them to do it. It actually costs them to cut him this year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:02 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's a deep and talented OT draft by all accounts, and it would seem unwise not to take advantage of that when we have a clear and present need.
For sure. And that could mean the 3rd or 4th round too, not just the 1st and 2nd.

We don't have a ton of money, and we can't go into 2021 with what we lined up with Sunday. I mean we can agree there right?
Yep.

So who are we going to sign in FA?
We don't know who is available and won't know for another month, so any discussion now really can't be overly specific.

Where's the money come from? We're over the cap by a lot.
Again, they have a month to figure this out. We'll know more by the start of FA and get into specifics then but until that point, we're all just speculating in generalities.

And we need to be better up front. I mean, I don't think that's an unreasonable take.
It isn't. But waiting until more and specific information is available isn't necessarily an unreasonable take either.

What I ultimately want is a strategic, planned approach to the offseason. Don't panic. And a lot of the sentiment here seems to be born of that very thing - panic. Or at least disgust. Which isn't a good way to build a team.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:02 PM 02-10-2021
I'm not even saying it's a necessary to draft an OT at #32.

We don't have a ton of money, and we can't go into 2021 with what we lined up with Sunday. I mean we can agree there right? So who are we going to sign in FA? Where's the money come from? We're over the cap by a lot.

LDT doesn't help your OT situation. Niang will, hopefully, but I don't think it's smart to call that a done deal.

I want another pass rusher. I agree that we need to develop another WR although I disagree that any draftee starts day one. And we need to be better up front. I mean, I don't think that's an unreasonable take.
Regardless of the direction you go, I don’t think anybody wants to see the starting OL that we was in the SB ever again. I don’t think there’s any chance that happens just knowing LDT and Niang are already in the fold for next year and Fisher should be back at some point.
[Reply]
O.city 03:03 PM 02-10-2021
It would definitely match up.

If depending what they do with fisher is gonna make all the difference here. If they’re done with him, you could put niang at rt (or LT would be my preference) and either trade for a rt or LT woth 31 and boom your line is set up
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:04 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem is we need a few dudes at spots that usually get taken up pretty early in the draft. So everyone needs to start readying for a player that may not be ideal no flaws type dude.

When you’re as good as kc is every year that’s what’s gonna happen.

If they get something done financially to free up some space I wouldn’t be surprised to see them go look to trade 31 for a player.
The problem is that if a bunch of those guys go early, it increases the chance that a guy with fewer flaws at another position of need falls.

There's no reason to take an OT high if you don't think he can contribute SIGNIFICANTLY day 1. If he can't do that, there's no reason to pick him because that's the glaring need.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:04 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yep. Problem is there's next to no reason for them to do it. It actually costs them to cut him this year.
Right.

Kelce likely isn't available.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:05 PM 02-10-2021
It would definitely match up.

If depending what they do with fisher is gonna make all the difference here. If they’re done with him, you could put niang at rt (or LT would be my preference) and either trade for a rt or LT woth 31 and boom your line is set up
I just don’t believe they’re done with Fisher.

That sounds great though. I’ve already said that I think Niang will start at RT.

Those are the only 2 of the 3 question marks I feel comfortably guessing on. Along with them letting Reiter walk.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:05 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Steron:
In no order.

OL, Edge, LB, WR, TE, CB
I think you put that in perfect order, although I'd add a x2 to OL.
[Reply]
O.city 03:06 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The problem is that if a bunch of those guys go early, it increases the chance that a guy with fewer flaws at another position of need falls.

There's no reason to take an OT high if you don't think he can contribute SIGNIFICANTLY day 1. If he can't do that, there's no reason to pick him because that's the glaring need.
It’s gonna be tough to get anyone at 31 who is gonna contribute significantly day one. Those guys go in The top 15.

Which is why I wouldn’t be upset trading that late first
[Reply]
staylor26 03:06 PM 02-10-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Ohh I was just going off that rumor that was posted here not too long ago.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:07 PM 02-10-2021
I just don’t believe they’re done with Fisher.

That sounds great though. I’ve already said that I think Niang will start at RT.
Me either.

I'd love it, strictly from a business standpoint, if they could just cut ties with Fisher and his salary and move on. Draft an OT in the first and set yourself up for the future.

I absolutely do not think they will do that. I think they'll hang on to Fisher. He was their 1st pick and the #1 overall. They're going to err on the side of caution, I believe.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:07 PM 02-10-2021
It’s gonna be tough to get anyone at 31 who is gonna contribute significantly day one. Those guys go in The top 15.

Which is why I wouldn’t be upset trading that late first
If they can find a partner, for sure.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 319
« First < 101617181920 212223243070120 > Last »
Up