ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3523 of 3903
« First < 2523302334233473351335193520352135223523 3524352535263527353335733623 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 01:55 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Seems like China should be getting a lot of praise these days. Entire pandemic they have had less than 5K die. Pretty impressive.
:-)
[Reply]
O.city 02:38 PM 06-22-2021
IIRC, and it's been a while since any of my classes on it in college, but most vaccine side effects occur within the first 6 weeks of post vaccination.
[Reply]
sedated 03:45 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just curious - do you live in a retirement community? I’m in suburban KC and majority of people I know are not vaccinated. Probably 30% are. (But all the old people are.)
Nope. In fact most of my family lives in the KC suburbs and all are fully vaccinated.

Originally Posted by DaFace:
There's no question that it depends on your peer group. From the polls I've seen, you're less likely to get the vaccine if you are middle-aged, non-college-educated, or politically conservative.
Interestingly, the one person I know that has resisted the shot is the one non-college-educated person I know. But generally smart and conscious of health.

Although now that I think about it, I did notice an uptick in quoting case studies from people on message boards centered around certain medical issues/history (like saying their dermatologist was wrong and here's what this random person on a rosacea message board said)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 04:58 PM 06-22-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Why? That's pretty easy to count...

Btw, I get that everyone wants to downplay the number of cases involving side effects/death/etc, but we have no clue about longterm effects. Or even current underlying problems that aren't detected or reported. It's kind of like beginning a study on AIDS and then concluding after 12 months that it's no big deal.

I'm not arguing that people should get vaccinated, but it does baffle me that so many are willing to blindly dismiss evidence that vaccines might be beneficial. Why would a novel virus not be taken seriously? This is a brand new virus! All it has done is spread quickly and easily, caused many to become very ill, and has cause a great number of people worldwide to die. Now we have a way to potentially stop this with good effectivity and few side effects, and people immediately dismiss it because of paranoia?

See how that works? It's probably best to not dismiss either side, but take in the whole of the evidence and proceed with caution, not jumping to either side with wreckless abandon.
That's who I'm criticizing. Those who shame everyone who isn't eager to be first in line. There just as many reasons not to do it as there are to do it.

It's ridiculous how politicized everything becomes. The same people who would rail against Big Pharma corruption in any other argument are lining up without hesitation. If they're facing constant lawsuits due to damages caused by other products, what makes you confident that a rushed product with zero liability is going to be safe?

Again, one can downplay the numbers, but the CDC held an emergency meeting for a reason.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 05:26 PM 06-22-2021
Why? That's pretty easy to count...

Btw, I get that everyone wants to downplay the number of cases involving side effects/death/etc, but we have no clue about longterm effects. Or even current underlying problems that aren't detected or reported. It's kind of like beginning a study on AIDS and then concluding after 12 months that it's no big deal.

I'm not arguing that people should get vaccinated, but it does baffle me that so many are willing to blindly dismiss evidence that vaccines might be beneficial. Why would a novel virus not be taken seriously? This is a brand new virus! All it has done is spread quickly and easily, caused many to become very ill, and has cause a great number of people worldwide to die. Now we have a way to potentially stop this with good effectivity and few side effects, and people immediately dismiss it because of paranoia?

See how that works? It's probably best to not dismiss either side, but take in the whole of the evidence and proceed with caution, not jumping to either side with wreckless abandon.
I know someone who utterly refuses to get the vaccine, or as she refers to it.. “poison”, citing that no one knows what’s in it. Yet, she drinks nearly every day and is an avid smoker. Makes sense!
[Reply]
TLO 06:34 AM 06-23-2021
We're getting slammed up here in NW Missouri. High number of cases. High % testing positive. Hospital numbers continuing to increase.
[Reply]
Monticore 06:36 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
We're getting slammed up here in NW Missouri. High number of cases. High % testing positive. Hospital numbers continuing to increase.
Just curious but how times a day are you taking your temp these days?
[Reply]
TLO 08:10 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Just curious but how times a day are you taking your temp these days?
0. My anxiety has improved by 99%
[Reply]
NotDonger 08:15 AM 06-23-2021
Updated Delta variant numbers:

Missouri = 29.1%
Colorado = 10.9%
Arizona = 7.1%
California = 5.7%
[Reply]
Monticore 08:42 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
0. My anxiety has improved by 99%
Good stuff, it has been noticeable in your posts as well.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:04 AM 06-23-2021
Nearly every new US COVID-19 death is now 'entirely preventable,' CDC director says

Those still dying from COVID-19 in the U.S. are "overwhelmingly" unvaccinated

https://www.kcra.com/article/covid-1...-says/36809729
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:27 AM 06-23-2021
Hope the supply chain can keep up with the heavily increased demand for Darwin Awards this year.
[Reply]
loochy 09:54 AM 06-23-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Updated Delta variant numbers:

Missouri = 29.1%
Colorado = 10.9%
Arizona = 7.1%
California = 5.7%

LOL. WTF Missou?
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 06-23-2021
LOL. WTF Missou?
Pretty low vaccination rates.
[Reply]
O.city 10:31 AM 06-23-2021
Having to divert covid patients from out hospitals here in Springfield to KC and STL and LR.

160 patients currently in there.
[Reply]
Page 3523 of 3903
« First < 2523302334233473351335193520352135223523 3524352535263527353335733623 > Last »
Up