ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3724 of 4893
« First < 2724322436243674371437203721372237233724 372537263727372837343774382442244724 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:02 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
As much I like The General, if we had to let him go in order to ensure we land a great HC like Payton or Harbaugh, I'd reluctantly do it.

Having an elite HC is much more important than having an elite talent evaluator. Belichick and Mike Shanahan hurt themselves with the picks they made, but they were able to overcome their mistakes as GM because of how great they were at coaching. Andy Reid is doing the same thing with Let's Reach.
Your whole franchise literally only has like 3-4 people that will survive the turnover that will happen.

Surtain
Jeudy
Simmons

And by force, WalRuss.

That’s it.

Everyone else is either criminally overpaid or completely worthless.

And me putting Eric Bienemys nsme out there as HC is a legit option. They are going to want a short term *lottery ticket hire* at HC that they can throw under the buss in a year or 2 after the total house cleaning is over with and they can hand a top overall pick and a bunch of cap space to in 2024 and EB is the perfect guy.

They won’t be able to land a top candidate at HC with the state of the team currently. No way. The whole team is in horrible shape from the top down.

No draft picks
Fat and ineffective QB with massive albatross contract
Broken locker room
Only above average/good players are very overpaid and underperforming

No quality coach is going to come into that situation.

I can see them getting a guy like John Dorsey and pairing him with Eric Bienemy for the job.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:03 PM 12-27-2022
You could replace Veach with any GM in the NFL and Mahomes and Reid would be doing the same thing they are now. You take Mahomes or Reid away, though, and things would look much different.
Good thing Veach found Mahomes so we could draft him.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:04 PM 12-27-2022
You could replace Veach with any GM in the NFL and Mahomes and Reid would be doing the same thing they are now. You take Mahomes or Reid away, though, and things would look much different.
He asked what Paton has done. I am interested in your response. I posted where he has failed in just the last two years. Oh and Veach has done far better than Paton and it’s not even close. While Mahomes and Reid are important, KC has a lot of young talent and Veach has built it while drafting late every round. Oh and if you replaced Veach with Paton this team would be far worse.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:05 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Genuinely interested myself. Doubt he responds though. You can reference my post #55764 which shows what he has done wrong in just the last two years which no Bronco fan has refuted. Yet his little “let’s reach” GM is dominating during what was a “rebuilding” year.
I'm with you. My post was a genuine question.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:05 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
No you can still do that. It really is up to the Saints, they could let him go for some late round picks as a sign of thanks or play hard ball and ask for at least a 1st and probably get a little more than that.

If they were smart I would get as much as you can
I hope it’s somebody in our division. Sean Payton was a losing coach/GM. If he didn’t have a HOF QB, he wouldn’t be looked at as sone great coach. His personel decisions prevented a HOF QB to not have multiple rings.

I’d be concerned if Harbaugh went to someone in the division, though.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:07 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I'm with you. My post was a genuine question.
He can’t answer it so he has to revert back to saying all of KCs success is a product of Mahomes and Reid and that any GM could do what Veach did. It’s easier to deflect than actually answer.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 01:07 PM 12-27-2022

The Von trade was a great move, btw. We weren't going to the playoffs anyways and we got a 2nd and 3rd for a player we could've resigned a few months later had we wanted to.
I get it on the Von trade, but that didn't take a genius. Any idiot GM could see that it was time to get something while they still could. I'm sincerely asking what you like about Paton because I don't get it. Help me to understand why you like the guy so much.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:10 PM 12-27-2022
As much I like The General, if we had to let him go in order to ensure we land a great HC like Payton or Harbaugh, I'd reluctantly do it.

Having an elite HC is much more important than having an elite talent evaluator. Belichick and Mike Shanahan hurt themselves with the picks they made, but they were able to overcome their mistakes as GM because of how great they were at coaching. Andy Reid is doing the same thing with Let's Reach.
We really need to start a thread with all the horrific takes this clown has had over the years. There’s so much ammo on this site!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:11 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Your whole franchise literally only has like 3-4 people that will survive the turnover that will happen.

Surtain
Jeudy
Simmons

And by force, WalRuss.

That’s it.

Everyone else is either criminally overpaid or completely worthless.

And me putting Eric Bienemys nsme out there as HC is a legit option. They are going to want a short term *lottery ticket hire* at HC that they can throw under the buss in a year or 2 after the total house cleaning is over with and they can hand a top overall pick and a bunch of cap space to in 2024 and EB is the perfect guy.

They won’t be able to land a top candidate at HC with the state of the team currently. No way. The whole team is in horrible shape from the top down.

No draft picks
Fat and ineffective QB with massive albatross contract
Broken locker room
Only above average/good players are very overpaid and underperforming

No quality coach is going to come into that situation.

I can see them getting a guy like John Dorsey and pairing him with Eric Bienemy for the job.
I believe the Broncos are going to go after a big fish, and if they can't get one they'll hire Dan Quinn.

Quinn was the favorite to get the job last year and would probably bring in one of Russ' OC's from Seattle.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:14 PM 12-27-2022
I believe the Broncos are going to go after a big fish, and if they can't get one they'll hire Dan Quinn.

Quinn was the favorite to get the job last year and would probably bring in one of Russ' OC's from Seattle.
You mean the same Dan Quinn who was fired once? Still curious as to the achievements of Paton.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:14 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I get it on the Von trade, but that didn't take a genius. Any idiot GM could see that it was time to get something while they still could. I'm sincerely asking what you like about Paton because I don't get it. Help me to understand why you like the guy so much.
I've mentioned it before, but Paton's first draft was amazing. Despite trading a lot of picks for Russ, he still managed to get guys like Greg Dulcich and Demarri Mathis this year.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:15 PM 12-27-2022
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
We really need to start a thread with all the horrific takes this clown has had over the years. There’s so much ammo on this site!
This thread already has them, so...
[Reply]
BossChief 01:16 PM 12-27-2022
That would be foolish.

They need a GM that can come in and get them some talent and a coach that can run a balanced, play action with some scrambles offense.

You should get comfortable that Eric will return to Colorado for his next HC job. And it will be glorious...for Chiefs fans.

Dont get too attached to anything not bolted down for the Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 12-27-2022
I like how Knowmo sucks off Paton for his draft picks but ignores Veach having a good draft filled with promising and competent defensive players.

Ya know, defenders that Mahomes and Andy have no control over :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 01:18 PM 12-27-2022
I've mentioned it before, but Paton's first draft was amazing. Despite trading a lot of picks for Russ, he still managed to get guys like Greg Dulcich and Demarri Mathis this year.
If his drafts are so good then why is his team 4-11?
[Reply]
Page 3724 of 4893
« First < 2724322436243674371437203721372237233724 372537263727372837343774382442244724 > Last »
Up