ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Vice: White People Keep Posing As People of Color for Clout
Prison Bitch 09:52 AM 04-07-2021
If you ever needed proof “white privilege” is a lie:

White People Keep Posing As People of Color for Clout

For generations, people of color have had to pass for survival. Now white people are wearing the experiences of racialized people like a costume—and getting called out for it.

“Once you transform these collective historical experiences into individual identities, then they become things that individuals can own or sell or market.”

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3vp...priation-v28n1

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:55 AM 04-07-2021
I'm not giving Vice the click but hopefully the story is about Talcum X

[Reply]
Detoxing 09:57 AM 04-07-2021
Skimmed through it real fast and this nugget caught my eye:

Originally Posted by :
“Ariana Grande has been passing as a woman of color in the United States context. There are so many people who can’t imagine that she is someone who grew up being positioned as a young white woman.”
Now, not even "people of color" are actually "people of color".

:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:57 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I'm not giving Vice the click but hopefully the story is about Talcum X
Early on, it looks like they center on that suburban chic from Barstow HS who reinvented herself as a PR Bronx brawler.

https://medium.com/@jessakrug/the-tr...s-9a9621401f85
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:22 AM 04-07-2021
In no way is this article proof that white privilege doesn't exist.

Of course white privilege exists. The only debate is to what degree. As a white person, I'm happy to have it. :-)
[Reply]
Detoxing 10:30 AM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
It's proof that this movement is really just racism, hatred and bigotry masquerading as a virtuous cause.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:33 AM 04-07-2021
How dare these people assume people's ethnicity!

If they feel like they are what they feel like they are then they are that.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:35 AM 04-07-2021

Of course white privilege exists. The only debate is to what degree. As a white person, I'm happy to have it. :-)
That’s what the Alt-Right is saying on twatter: “Every white kid needs to be told what a privilege it is to be white”

Ha ha ha. I guess that’s one way to see it.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:39 AM 04-07-2021

The left is abysmal with naming. Yes, "white privilege" is real, even though this doesn't accurately describe the phenomenon.

If you never had to worry about simply putting your name on a resume for fear of it sounded too ethnic, that is considered "white privledge" even though I don't think that inflammtory term accurately describes the situation. But now you are delving into white fragility...
[Reply]
Otter 10:45 AM 04-07-2021
The idiots that fall for this 'white privilege" propaganda deserver exactly what they get.

Fuck off you brainwashed, dumb zombies.
[Reply]
Detoxing 10:46 AM 04-07-2021
The author's (who is not black) usage of the word "clout" is racist, as it's a word that has been popularized by black urban rap culture. By using that word she's effectively stealing black identity. That's a level of blackness that she has no right to claim.

And quite frankly, the art style used in the article exaggerates black features, which is also racist and a form of digital-blackface.

I think someone needs to email her and let her know that she's not brown enough to speak on this subject as her privilege is expressed via micro-aggressions through out the article.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:57 AM 04-07-2021
White privilege graffitis

[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 11:33 AM 04-07-2021
As long as my Latino (forgive me—LatinX), white, suburban, Christian, Republican kids get hiring preference over your non-LatinX, white, urban, atheist, democrap kids, we're all good, okay?
[Reply]
Detoxing 11:37 AM 04-07-2021
Every time i read this thread title i can't help but feel like this song is entirely fitting.

This bitch route that dumb ass piece for clout. Nothing much more you can say about it. Bitch wrote that shit for clout.

Do anything for clout. Including playing the race card.

[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:39 AM 04-07-2021
Always love it when people who got their jobs thanks to their name ending with the 'right' suffix telling me about my privilege.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up