ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 39
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>All Star Game Moved: MLB Trying Its Hardest to Be More Like the NBA
T-post Tom 01:09 PM 04-02-2021
So sad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gia-voting-law

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

The decision follows calls from as the White House to consider moving the midsummer classic out of Atlanta.

In his statement, Manfred said MLB "fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box." Manfred said MLB would continue to celebrate the memory of Hank Aaron, who died in January, during the All-Star festivities.

No new site for the All-Star Game or draft were announced.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:32 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
What about all the lost revenue and wages for the city of Atlanta? That's going to hurt blacks the hardest. But they are just pawns for the Libtards.
You think the DNC isn't prepared to reassure them that, in return to renewed fealty, they will use the levers of power to make them 'whole.'
[Reply]
cosmo20002 07:33 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Just gonna leave this here...

I don't care if they require an ID to vote, but that stupid graphic is mostly false.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:33 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
And that old people donít have idís is bullshit too. Iím 74 years old. Virtually everyone that I know is old. And every damned one of them has an id.

Very, very few old people donít have an id. You have to have an id for virtually anything that you do in this country. And if you donít have one virtually every state will provide you a voter Id for free.

In fact, the only person that I know that doesnít have one has been hiding from a crazy ex-wife.........and most likely the law........for about the past 5 years.

If someone doesnít have an id.....it is because they donít want to have one. And if they donít.......then they shouldnít be allowed to vote.
Even my grandmother-who never drove after 1957-had an ID. Until she died in 1993.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 07:45 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So punish the Braves organization for something they have zero control over. Fucking stupid. The Braves should sue their asses off for breach of contract and the lost revenue.
This is another time where "conservative" states should be joining together. Let Texas and Florida join Georgia in telling MLB to fuck off, and see what Manfred tries then.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:53 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Apparently you think 9/11 and Sandy Hook were fake

I have bad news regarding the 1936 Olympics, the 1960s, the 1980 olympics, every NFL game with a military flyover, etc. etc. etc.
Yeah, nice dodge, **** face.

Stop treating black people like invalents
[Reply]
petegz28 07:55 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
I don't care if they require an ID to vote, but that stupid graphic is mostly false.
yeah, right
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:55 PM 04-02-2021

Stop treating black people like envolents
Dude. :-)

EDIT:

Dude!!!

Invalids.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:57 PM 04-02-2021
I assume you mean the welfare, social security, food stamps, and unemployment parts?
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:02 PM 04-02-2021
You didn't have to show ID when applying for Welfare?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:04 PM 04-02-2021
Open borders and no id voting aren't compatible...
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:05 PM 04-02-2021
Everyone is scared of the 2% that posts on Twitter. They are afraid of some woke libtard soyboy getting offended.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 08:06 PM 04-02-2021

Fuck off. You stood with trump.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:07 PM 04-02-2021
**** off. You stood with trump.
You and the left are the true racist... pos
[Reply]
Bump 08:08 PM 04-02-2021
**** off. You stood with trump.
:-)

do you congratulate any black person that you see with an ID? Say at a bar or a liquor store where ID's are being checked, you see a black man pulling out his ID and I bet that you run up to him with one of those wide opened smiles and say "Wow! you must be one of the smart ones! congratulations, I know how difficult it was for you to figure out how to acquire that ID card that you just showed the bouncer, good for you!"
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:09 PM 04-02-2021
I have to ID 70 year old customers at the golf course
[Reply]
Page 7 of 39
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up