ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 39
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>All Star Game Moved: MLB Trying Its Hardest to Be More Like the NBA
T-post Tom 01:09 PM 04-02-2021
So sad.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...gia-voting-law

MLB moving All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

Major League Baseball is moving the 2021 All-Star Game and 2021 draft out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia voting law that critics say unfairly limits access to the ballot box, especially for people of color.

"Over the last week, we have engaged in thoughtful conversations with Clubs, former and current players, the Players Association, and The Players Alliance, among others, to listen to their views," MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said in a statement. "I have decided that the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport is by relocating this year's All-Star Game and MLB Draft."

The decision follows calls from as the White House to consider moving the midsummer classic out of Atlanta.

In his statement, Manfred said MLB "fundamentally supports voting rights for all Americans and opposes restrictions to the ballot box." Manfred said MLB would continue to celebrate the memory of Hank Aaron, who died in January, during the All-Star festivities.

No new site for the All-Star Game or draft were announced.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:34 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This kind of reminds me of the AFL All Star Game being moved out of New Orleans in 1964.
Weren't you like five years old? You were aware of it? I was 14 and could have cared less if I even knew about it.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:35 PM 04-02-2021
Just gonna leave this here...

[Reply]
HemiEd 06:39 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Donít care if itís 1 voter thatís frauds or a million, thatís a problem.

Everyone of voting age should have some form of ID. Itís not that hard to get one and itís certainly not racist.
Don't bother, he has refused to accept any evidence about voter fraud. Anyone that thinks the 2020 election wasn't a well orchestrated hijack is an idiot.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:40 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Just gonna leave this here...

Exactly, and all of those old people Edave is talking about need ID for medical care.
[Reply]
Halfcan 06:42 PM 04-02-2021
So punish the Braves organization for something they have zero control over. Fucking stupid. The Braves should sue their asses off for breach of contract and the lost revenue.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:42 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Don't bother, he has refused to accept any evidence about voter fraud. Anyone that thinks the 2020 election wasn't a well orchestrated hijack is an idiot.
We're past that now, and we're at the point where, even in the wake of this they refuse to acknowledge the value of reassuring the populace of the genuineness, transparency, accuracy and incorruptibility of our election process, we're not gonna be there for them when consequences of that willful obliviousness are realized.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:50 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
We're past that now, and we're at the point where, even in the wake of this they refuse to acknowledge the value of reassuring the populace of the genuineness, transparency, accuracy and incorruptibility of our election process, we're not gonna be there for them when consequences of that willful obliviousness are realized.
If the FBI did a Background Investigation on Kamala Harris,
she never would have passed, because of her 40-year close ties with
Marxists, Communists, Maoists, and Communist China. Harris would never
have been approved for acceptance to any of the 5 Military Service
Academies, been appointed to a US Government Sub-Cabinet position, or
would have been approved to fill a sensitive position for a high
security defense contractor, but is a heartbeat away from being President of the United States.
[Reply]
theoldcoach 06:54 PM 04-02-2021
And that old people don’t have id’s is bullshit too. I’m 74 years old. Virtually everyone that I know is old. And every damned one of them has an id.

Very, very few old people don’t have an id. You have to have an id for virtually anything that you do in this country. And if you don’t have one virtually every state will provide you a voter Id for free.

In fact, the only person that I know that doesn’t have one has been hiding from a crazy ex-wife.........and most likely the law........for about the past 5 years.

If someone doesn’t have an id.....it is because they don’t want to have one. And if they don’t.......then they shouldn’t be allowed to vote.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:56 PM 04-02-2021
And we should strive to, in every instance possible, to maximize the probability that the dispositive margin in all electoral races be decided by in-person day-of participants.
why?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 06:58 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Apparently you had a problem with them not moving it.....:-)
Apparently you think 9/11 and Sandy Hook were fake

Originally Posted by Bowser:
Sports intermixing with politics? Yes, very much.
I have bad news regarding the 1936 Olympics, the 1960s, the 1980 olympics, every NFL game with a military flyover, etc. etc. etc.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:00 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
why?
. . . to acknowledge the value of reassuring the populace of the genuineness, transparency, accuracy and incorruptibility of our election process. . . .

[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:17 PM 04-02-2021
BTW - any update on our boycott of the China Olympics or the Qatari World Cup?
[Reply]
zigbazah 07:24 PM 04-02-2021
This has nothing to do with "values." This is MLB aligning with the regime to protect themselves. You can point to China all day long, but that's not what this is about.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:29 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
So punish the Braves organization for something they have zero control over. ****ing stupid. The Braves should sue their asses off for breach of contract and the lost revenue.
What about all the lost revenue and wages for the city of Atlanta? That's going to hurt blacks the hardest. But they are just pawns for the Libtards.
[Reply]
Raiderhader 07:32 PM 04-02-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Many elderly and poor people donít have IDs. They are still citizens with a constitutional right to vote. If there were large numbers of provable voter fraud happening I might feel differently, but that simply isnít the case.
That apply equally to their right to own a firearm?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 39
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up