ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>CDC: A "sense of impending doom" ...
petegz28 09:26 AM 03-29-2021
Fauci and the CDC are out scaring the masses this morning

CDC director speaks of impending doom, warns of increase in U.S. COVID-19 cases
https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pm...covid-19-cases
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:34 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I'm still 0.11 % scared
My impression is that the people actually "scared" of the virus, in terms of their own health or life, are few and far between.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:37 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by NinerDoug:
My impression is that the people actually "scared" of the virus, in terms of their own health or life, are few and far between.
Curious as to your foundation, social media seems, and has seemed for some time, a perpetual beehive of anger and recriminations over any breach in 'protocol'

Are these people just resentful and authoritarian by nature, or are they legitimately scared, in your view?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:39 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Curious as to your foundation, social media seems, and has seemed for some time, a perpetual beehive of anger and recriminations over any breach in 'protocol'

Are these people just resentful and authoritarian by nature, or are they legitimately scared, in your view?
Even the twitter mob is in the major minority on this, they are being shouted down and treated like the karens they are.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:45 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

It's anecdotal. My wife has a couple of cousins who are of the "don't leave the house, etc." variety, but they are the only ones I know of, personally.

I think the social media anger and recriminations to which you refer are more about the pandemic issue, rather than personal fear of death.

Let's say that it ultimately kills 1,000,000 Americans. I don't think it will get that far, but even if it did, the personal risk of dying is less than 1 in 300, and if you take age and health risks, etc., into account, for most people, the personal risk is very, very, small.

But a million people dying is nevertheless a pretty horrendous outcome, and the potential collateral damage, such as overwhelming the healthcare system is bad as well.

I think it's more about the big picture than personal risk.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:47 PM 03-31-2021
It's anecdotal. My wife has a couple of cousins who are of the "don't leave the house, etc." variety, but they are the only ones I know of, personally.

I think the social media anger and recriminations to which you refer are more about the pandemic issue, rather than personal fear of death.

Let's say that it ultimately kills 1,000,000 Americans. I don't think it will get that far, but even if it did, the personal risk of dying is less than 1 in 300, and if you take age and health risks, etc., into account, for most people, the personal risk is very, very, small.

But a million people dying is nevertheless a pretty horrendous outcome, and the potential collateral damage, such as overwhelming the healthcare system is bad as well.

I think it's more about the big picture than personal risk.
How long will the ticker keep ticking? will it be a yearly thing or uh a running count for eternity? Not that I trust the data on deaths anyways but it's like stereo's I used to install back in the day, the volume button never went down.
[Reply]
NinerDoug 03:56 PM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
How long will the ticker keep ticking? will it be a yearly thing or uh a running count for eternity? Not that I trust the data on deaths anyways but it's like stereo's I used to install back in the day, the volume button never went down.
Who can say? Maybe vaccination efforts are successful, and the thing disappears before this winter.

Maybe it continues to mutate and spread, and sticks around.

Have to wait and see.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brother 05:41 PM 03-31-2021
Dinger literally shits his pants in fear
[Reply]
Donger 08:02 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Dinger literally shits his pants in fear
I realize that this pandemic has either made you a little crazy, or has simply afforded the opportunity to display it, but I'm curious why you would say that. What have I done which gives you that impression?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:59 AM 04-01-2021

MidWeek Self-Reflection.

➡️Alarmist Hot Takes &
Fear-Mongering Mega-��s
May be causing more Harm to Society than Good.
��

From Now on?
➡️Sober, Concise, Apolitical, and Nuanced assessments of the pandemic.
➡️Weekly rather than Hourly Tweets
��

More Humility. Less Hubris.

4/1

— Eric MD-PhDing (@EricPhDing) April 1, 2021

Happy April 1st!
[Reply]
RunKC 09:47 AM 04-01-2021
These people are so pathetic. This is a crutch to keep popularity and control for as long as possible.

Deaths and cases are going down substantially and vaccine administrations have been going up with strong numbers every week.

These clowns can fuck right off
[Reply]
Donger 09:51 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
These people are so pathetic. This is a crutch to keep popularity and control for as long as possible.

Deaths and cases are going down substantially and vaccine administrations have been going up with strong numbers every week.

These clowns can **** right off
Cases are actually increasing.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
Cases are actually increasing.
Early January the 7 day average was roughly 260k

This week the 7 day average it’s roughly 65k

Deaths are also way down compared to January. Warmer weather is helping people go outside and vaccine administration is doing great.

We aren’t “doomed”. FFS
[Reply]
Donger 10:04 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Early January the 7 day average was roughly 260k

This week the 7 day average it’s roughly 65k

Deaths are also way down compared to January. Warmer weather is helping people go outside and vaccine administration is doing great.

We aren’t “doomed”. FFS
You said that cases are going down. They did go down substantially from the January highs, yes. We hit a low average of ~55,000 in mid March. We are up to 65,000 now. That's going up.

I agree that we aren't doomed. I doubt that we'll see a spike in deaths with the present increase, thanks to the vaccination rate, particularly with the elderly.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:07 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
You said that cases are going down. They did go down substantially from the January highs, yes. We hit a low average of ~55,000 in mid March. We are up to 65,000 now. That's going up.

I agree that we aren't doomed. I doubt that we'll see a spike in deaths with the present increase, thanks to the vaccination rate, particularly with the elderly.
The increases are VERY regional. Many states are still declining.

Hell, Kansas is in phase 5 for vaccinations with everyone 16+ eligible (Pfizer) 18+ for the other two jabs.
[Reply]
Donger 10:09 AM 04-01-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
The increases are VERY regional. Many states are still declining.

Hell, Kansas is in phase 5 for vaccinations with everyone 16+ eligible (Pfizer) 18+ for the other two jabs.
Yes, I know.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 30
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up