ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 94
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Karen meltsdown because store wonít let her shop without a mask
Deberg_1990 12:26 PM 05-17-2020

Karen has a meltdown because store wonít let her in without a mask.

They offer to give her a mask.

They offer to shop for her.

She says sheís calling corporate. #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/oQSFueFn4T

— chris evans (@notcapnamerica) May 17, 2020

[Reply]
displacedinMN 06:51 AM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Companies have the right to refuse customers for any reason. Theyíre not the United States Government, theyíre a Corporation. They require a membership, I donít want to have to pay to shop there, so I donít shop there. Other places donít have the membership, I shop there instead, but I donít scream boycott because they enforce the membership and make a big fuss about it, I go somewhere else. Itís really easy but freedom fighters want to pretend that they can do whatever they want because Merica when they donít realize thatís private property, Costco can run their business however the **** they want. Get over the entitled baby attitude and shop elsewhere, someone else will take your place in line for bulk toilet paper and nobody else will give a shit. Adults like to pretend their better than kids but Iíve seen so many adults break down into pissy baby bullshit temper tantrums when they donít get their way or they canít do what they want. Grow the **** up.

agree. Me. More. NOW
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:47 AM 05-20-2020
Male version of Karen. Call him Frank, Chad, Brad or whatever you want

This video owns. This guy says he won’t wear a mask in Costco and the staff member just walks away with his cart because he can’t be in the store without a mask. These guys believe in the sanctity of private property... until they’re on private property pic.twitter.com/l65AfJCT8l

— Jesse Hawken (@jessehawken) May 19, 2020

[Reply]
DaFace 08:10 AM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I have seen some people driving in their cars with masks on. I'm curious who they are protecting from their germs in those instances. Especially the 2 out of 3 cases in which the driver was alone.
There are a variety of possible reasons. The one that makes the absolute most sense is for people who are delivering for DoorDash, Uber Eats, etc. They're in and out of restaurants 20-30 times per day, so it would be a huge pain to take the mask on and off. To a lesser extent, people who move around to different sites throughout the day (like my wife, who is a coordinator for a preschool program that just opened back up) may just not want to deal with taking it on and off all the time.

Aside from that, though, it really is technically best practice to put it on at home and not take it off until you get back. That's not my preference, but I have trouble judging the small minority of people who actually follow the recommended guidelines on how to use a mask properly.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:39 AM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
There are a variety of possible reasons. The one that makes the absolute most sense is for people who are delivering for DoorDash, Uber Eats, etc. They're in and out of restaurants 20-30 times per day, so it would be a huge pain to take the mask on and off. To a lesser extent, people who move around to different sites throughout the day (like my wife, who is a coordinator for a preschool program that just opened back up) may just not want to deal with taking it on and off all the time.

Aside from that, though, it really is technically best practice to put it on at home and not take it off until you get back. That's not my preference, but I have trouble judging the small minority of people who actually follow the recommended guidelines on how to use a mask properly.
This. Taking the mask on and off increases the frequency of touching your face and the risk of contracting the virus.
[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 08:47 AM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Companies have the right to refuse customers for any reason. Theyíre not the United States Government, theyíre a Corporation. They require a membership, I donít want to have to pay to shop there, so I donít shop there. Other places donít have the membership, I shop there instead, but I donít scream boycott because they enforce the membership and make a big fuss about it, I go somewhere else. Itís really easy but freedom fighters want to pretend that they can do whatever they want because Merica when they donít realize thatís private property, Costco can run their business however the **** they want. Get over the entitled baby attitude and shop elsewhere, someone else will take your place in line for bulk toilet paper and nobody else will give a shit. Adults like to pretend their better than kids but Iíve seen so many adults break down into pissy baby bullshit temper tantrums when they donít get their way or they canít do what they want. Grow the **** up.

JFC your thesis babble misses the point.

Most states/cities have long-standing anti-mask laws on their books. Those are actual laws in the interest of public safety.

That isnít the same as a private business having shirt/shoes/dress code requirements.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:06 AM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

I think Karen works in this case as well...
[Reply]
Fish 09:21 AM 05-20-2020

"Cause I'm not a sheep!"

LOL... doofus.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:11 AM 05-20-2020
I hate the mask thing too, but I had to get a haircut last week and in order to get in to the shop, I had to wear a mask. Eh. It is what it is. I think it's stupid, but if a store has some stuff I want to buy, and they say I have to wear a mask, it's up to me to decide how bad I want the stuff.

This'll all be over in a few more weeks. People are getting tired of it. Having said that, Karen is a bitch...
[Reply]
Cave Johnson 11:28 AM 05-20-2020

Total douchenozzle.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 12:21 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
JFC your thesis babble misses the point.

Most states/cities have long-standing anti-mask laws on their books. Those are actual laws in the interest of public safety.

That isn’t the same as a private business having shirt/shoes/dress code requirements.
Well then bitch about the law, not the business who has to abide by the law as well. That's not what this is, this is a stupid ****ing person who wants to do things their way because they believe the First Amendment gives them the right to do anything they want to do. It's asinine and entitled bullshit.

The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

You can assemble peacefully, you can petition, you can practice religion and expression, none of that is violated by Government for making you wear a mask. That person is just a ****ing toddler who hasn't actually read the constitution, they just say "Don't tread on me!" and use it as an arguing point without understanding what's actually in there. Tell me what part of the the Constitution is broken by making you wear a mask for public safety? You can try the normal bullshit spin job that is commonplace nowadays with everyone who doesn't believe in facts, but sure go on ahead, I'll wait to hear it.
[Reply]
DrRyan 12:56 PM 05-20-2020
I have no interest in getting into a debate on this. Feel free to read some studies from the largest medical research database regarding masks and influenza transmission, or don't. One from 2012, one from 2019 linked below.

https://pubmed.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/31479137/

https://pubmed.ncbi.:-).nih.gov/22188875/?from_term=the+use+of+masks+and+respirators+to+prevent+transmission+of+influenza&from_filter=years.2007-2013&from_pos=1

Disregard the finger emoji, just part of the links for better or worse.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:03 PM 05-20-2020

Why ya'll keep deleting this really funny image...?
[Reply]
luv 03:29 PM 05-20-2020
Are the people freaking out over wearing a mask also freaking out over having to wear a shirt and shoes?
[Reply]
kccrow 03:39 PM 05-20-2020
Some people need to seriously read the ADA.

Zoom in real good on Title 28, Section 1, Part 36 of US code if you will.

As much as I'm willing to participate in this thread here.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:58 PM 05-20-2020
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Some people need to seriously read the ADA.

Zoom in real good on Title 28, Section 1, Part 36 of US code if you will.

As much as I'm willing to participate in this thread here.
The people claiming that shit probably skipped over the part where the ADA allows for restrictions when an individual poses a health risk/threat to others... I present you the covid-19 virus.

Most stores I see are offering online ordering and will deliver to your house or car. My advice would be to take advantage of that if you have a legit medical condition that prevents you from wearing a mask, otherwise if you just want to be a douche when confronted about wearing a mask then go fuck yourself.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 94
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up