ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 54
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Colts
carcosa 06:24 PM 01-05-2019
They just beat up on a dogshit Texans team despite only sacking Watson 3 times. Their defense couldn't get pressure against the worst OL in the NFL.

So, how many touchdowns will Mahomes throw??
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:46 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by CantBeStopped:
We had the MVP under center multiple times in the 2000s. This chiefs team reminds me so much of those colts team. Best offense in the league but a defense that wasn't fit to take the field.
You may be right, you may be wrong.

But you’re a damn fool if you think the Colts defense is ready to make a run itself.
[Reply]
CantBeStopped 05:47 PM 01-06-2019
And I have no hatred towards the chiefs. I'm here to back up my team. If yall beat us i hope you guys can win it all. My brother is a chargers fan and I love giving him shit when you guys beat them
[Reply]
R Clark 05:48 PM 01-06-2019
Did that colt DEFENCE lead the NFL in sacks?
[Reply]
RunKC 06:00 PM 01-06-2019
It’s imperative that we jump out to a lead early. We need to make these guys one dimensional so we can use the strength of our pass rush to try to get to Luck.

We don’t want them in a position to run and burn clock.
[Reply]
Holden89 06:04 PM 01-06-2019
Colts fan here, but I come in peace lol

Just interested in talking about this game with the other sides perspective. I think we can all agree the past means nothing at this point, and the whole "curse" of the Chiefs losing to the Colts in the playoffs shouldn't hold any weight.

You guys have a phenomenal offense, but reading through this thread I was just a little surprised at the extreme confidence. Though, I guess it's to be expected when you have such an outstanding player at the QB position. I've been there, trust me lol.

Realistically, I expect the Colts to lose this game, but I do believe it will be a competitive game, and if it comes down to the end, I like our chances with Luck in the clutch.

I'm hoping we'll be able to control the ball a bit with our run game, and keep Mahomes and co. off the field as much as possible. I'm also hoping that our Cover-2 shell can force him into a potential mistake if he gets impatient. I think that's really the Colts' only shot here.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Best22 06:05 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by CantBeStopped:
We had the MVP under center multiple times in the 2000s. This chiefs team reminds me so much of those colts team. Best offense in the league but a defense that wasn't fit to take the field.
Good thing we have Mahomes then...
[Reply]
Best22 06:06 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Holden89:

Just interested in talking about this game with the other sides perspective. I think we can all agree the past means nothing at this point, and the whole "curse" of the Chiefs losing to the Colts in the playoffs shouldn't hold any weight.

You guys have a phenomenal offense, but reading through this thread I was just a little surprised at the extreme confidence. Though, I guess it's to be expected when you have such an outstanding player at the QB position. I've been there, trust me lol.

Realistically, I expect the Colts to lose this game, but I do believe it will be a competitive game, and if it comes down to the end, I like our chances with Luck in the clutch.

I'm hoping we'll be able to control the ball a bit with our run game, and keep Mahomes and co. off the field as much as possible. I'm also hoping that our Cover-2 shell can force him into a potential mistake is he gets impatient. I think that's really the Colts' only shot here.

Thoughts?
Mahomes loves Cover 2:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401030698
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:09 PM 01-06-2019

I'm hoping we'll be able to control the ball a bit with our run game, and keep Mahomes and co. off the field as much as possible. I'm also hoping that our Cover-2 shell can force him into a potential mistake is he gets impatient. I think that's really the Colts' only shot here.

Thoughts?
Thanks for coming in peace. You don't cover tight ends well - in fact you're worst in the NFL. We have the best TE. Mahomes sometimes comes out amped in big games and that's our biggest fear - he makes some mistakes early and you're able to find some blown coverage downfield to hit Ebron or Hilton and get an early lead. I really think Luck is a great QB, but he's a different QB playing outside in cold weather. Our defense is materially better at home vs on the road. We have Mahomes who is the best player on the field, and that's what I think will be the difference. 41-28 Chiefs.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:10 PM 01-06-2019

Thoughts?
I mean we are confident because we have the mvp and we are the number one seed playing at home. Extreme confidence? Not really, but why shouldn't we be confident?
[Reply]
Holden89 06:12 PM 01-06-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Mahomes loves Cover 2:
Well, I see your point. Though, they run more of a base 3-4 with a lot of zone blitzes than consistent Cover 2 zone.

Watching some highlights of you guys. Mahomes is somethin' else

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Thanks for coming in peace. You don't cover tight ends well - in fact you're worst in the NFL. We have the best TE. Mahomes sometimes comes out amped in big games and that's our biggest fear - he makes some mistakes early and you're able to find some blown coverage downfield to hit Ebron or Hilton and get an early lead. I really think Luck is a great QB, but he's a different QB playing outside in cold weather. Our defense is materially better at home vs on the road. We have Mahomes who is the best player on the field, and that's what I think will be the difference. 41-28 Chiefs.
Yeah, numbers-wise we're not great at covering TE's, but that's kind of the nature of our scheme. Don't allow anything big out wide and force the offense to keep dumping it to HB's out of the backfield or TE's over the middle for modest gains.
[Reply]
Holden89 01-06-2019, 06:13 PM
This message has been deleted by Holden89.
OlineDline 06:16 PM 01-06-2019
Colts only chance is to win the turnover battle 2 to 0 (or more) and win the TOP.

Even then the Chiefs can outscore them.

Not discounting the Colts but they (and the rest of the AFC) are outgunned by the Chiefs this year. Only the Chiefs can beat the Chiefs until the SB.
[Reply]
arrwheader 06:16 PM 01-06-2019

Thoughts?

Most of us here expect it to be a competitive game . The ones that are doom and gloom are basing their feelings off of the past playoff failures and yes a lot of them were to the Colts.

We all desperately want the monkey off our back and would love to see this team do just that.

Your team has played a soft schedule and lost to some shit teams. You guys are hot right now it scares some of us on here but if you take the emotion out of it the Chiefs should win this game handily. I would say they should win by 7 to 10.

That being said it’s the NFL and it’s the playoffs anything can happen. I by no means have mailed this one in and you can never underestimate the tendency of this defense going full retard and making this a track meet in which the last team with the ball wins.
[Reply]
Best22 06:16 PM 01-06-2019
Well, I see your point. Though, they run more of a base 3-4 with a lot of zone blitzes than consistent Cover 2 zone.

Watching some highlights of you guys. Mahomes is somethin' else

Yeah, numbers-wise we're not great at covering TE's, but that's kind of the nature of our scheme. Don't allow anything big out wide and force the offense to keep dumping it to HB's out of the backfield or TE's over the middle for modest gains.
Indy has a different scheme than Pittsburgh but KC has the scheme/personnel to succeed against any cover 2 defense
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:23 PM 01-06-2019
Unfortunately, there cannot be peace between our peoples until the atrocities of 1995 and 2014 are avenged.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:32 PM 01-06-2019
You've never seen speed the likes of Tyreek Hill or the acrobatic-ness of Mahomes outside the pocket. This will not be a game of Alex Smith checkdowns.
[Reply]
Iconic 01-06-2019, 06:38 PM
This message has been deleted by Iconic.
Page 23 of 54
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up