Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:16 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by warpaint*:
$ grab.
Not sure how much NIL money will be out there for a slot receiver.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:26 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Not sure how much NIL money will be out there for a slot receiver.
The top 3 highest paid WR in the NFL played the slot a ton. Slot players are worth just as much as the other guys. Plus I doubt he got hardly any NIL money to come to Mizzou. I'm hoping this is just him trying to get money here.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:26 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I don't know why Lovett would leave. Yeah our QB sucks, but he was 3rd in the SEC in rec yds, 5th in rec, and 7th in targets as a sophomore.

[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:43 PM 11-28-2022
The top 3 highest paid WR in the NFL played the slot a ton. Slot players are worth just as much as the other guys. Plus I doubt he got hardly any NIL money to come to Mizzou. I'm hoping this is just him trying to get money here.
The top slot WRs in the NFL can play more than just the slot.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 09:04 PM 11-29-2022
Travion Ford to enter the transfer portal:

Thank you MIZZOU NATION �� pic.twitter.com/3aqjMQG6BI

— Travion Ford ® (@Tre_Got_Skills) November 29, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:11 PM 11-29-2022
Yet another highly touted recruit fucking off. If Drinkwitz can't even keep the guys he actually does manage to get into the program, why the fuck are we even bothering going further?
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:47 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Stanley Nickels:
Travion Ford to enter the transfer portal:

Tyler Macon is reportedly leaving and DJ Jackson is leaving as well. Ford leaving doesn't surprise me one bit. I was surprised that he committed and he didn't even play this year. I won't be surprised if even more players leave though.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 09:56 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yet another highly touted recruit fucking off. If Drinkwitz can't even keep the guys he actually does manage to get into the program, why the fuck are we even bothering going further?
I understand your sentiment, and I get your frustration. I’m with you.

But you have to understand that this isn’t a Mizzou thing. Look at Charleston and Hopper. Both transfer portal guys. This is the normal now. Of course we’d love our best players to stay. Did we miss wingo? Our defense was very good despite his loss.

Given NIL we have to be used to losing players we like, and gaining players we don’t know as much.

Whether you like drink or not, if you’re fair you have to give him credit for rebuilding the defense through the portal. He was really shit at QB and he needs to own that. But you can’t shit on him for losing a good player and replacing him with someone else just as good.

Mizzou is positioned well with NIL. Not the best, but well. The state has lots of money, we are flagship, and our NIL leadership has proven to be a leader.

I’m not saying we will ever be Alabama. We are positioning ourselves to be more like the Tampa Bay Rays. Small market giving ourselves a punchers chance every few years. I’m totally fine with this. Drink has the ear of the Missouri legislature and donors. If we have patience we will be much closer to Pinkel than Larry Smith or Barry Odom.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:02 PM 11-29-2022
Blah. Incredibly lame to just cry "NIL! NIL! NIL!" as a rallying cry every time Drinkz incompetence costs us a recruit. Yeah, take a look around and what you're probably NOT going to find is a wild wild west where all the best and most talented players constantly condense into the richest programs in the nation.

The most talented players actually available in the portal are typically ones that lost close positional battles at the true blue chip schools, have decided to change because of a coaching or philosophy shift at the school they played at prior, or the program they initially got recruited to ends up being a massive disappointment. Texas A&M leads all schools in that last category but Mizzou isn't far behind.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:10 PM 11-29-2022
:-) there's plenty of legitimate reasons to roast Eli

The transfer portal ain't it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:12 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
:-) there's plenty of legitimate reasons to roast Eli

The transfer portal ain't it.
We not including his complete and total failure to bring in any QB worth a fuck for 3+ years and counting?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:15 PM 11-29-2022
We not including his complete and total failure to bring in any QB worth a fuck for 3+ years and counting?
That goes beyond the portal. He hasn't developed shit at that position as of yet.

But yes, that counts.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 11:18 PM 11-29-2022
Blah. Incredibly lame to just cry "NIL! NIL! NIL!" as a rallying cry every time Drinkz incompetence costs us a recruit. Yeah, take a look around and what you're probably NOT going to find is a wild wild west where all the best and most talented players constantly condense into the richest programs in the nation.

The most talented players actually available in the portal are typically ones that lost close positional battles at the true blue chip schools, have decided to change because of a coaching or philosophy shift at the school they played at prior, or the program they initially got recruited to ends up being a massive disappointment. Texas A&M leads all schools in that last category but Mizzou isn't far behind.
I get your frustration and skepticism. I think when it’s all said and done we will see it all evens out. Which of Drinks recruits have transferred? Who has Drink brought in? Surely you can give him credit for essentially tuning a terrible defense into a good one. I mean the stats don’t lie.

I don’t know how good of a coach Drink will be. He really fucked up st the most important position on the field. But he’s recruited highly recruited QBs the last three years. Macon was a miss. Maybe that’s on drink, but it was also on about 25 other big D1 schools as well. Macon cousin sniff the field before Cook and Abraham. Could he bad at developing qbs? Perhaps. He’s got two other highly recruited qbs waiting. We will see. And if they don’t pan out then we know. He will be fired. But until Mizzou can hire away saban or dabo or someone like them, the we will need to be a bit more patient than a .500 coach in the first three years. If he’s .500 after next year then his seat is going to get warm.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:57 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
I get your frustration and skepticism. I think when it’s all said and done we will see it all evens out. Which of Drinks recruits have transferred? Who has Drink brought in? Surely you can give him credit for essentially tuning a terrible defense into a good one. I mean the stats don’t lie.

I don’t know how good of a coach Drink will be. He really ****ed up st the most important position on the field. But he’s recruited highly recruited QBs the last three years. Macon was a miss. Maybe that’s on drink, but it was also on about 25 other big D1 schools as well. Macon cousin sniff the field before Cook and Abraham. Could he bad at developing qbs? Perhaps. He’s got two other highly recruited qbs waiting. We will see. And if they don’t pan out then we know. He will be fired. But until Mizzou can hire away saban or dabo or someone like them, the we will need to be a bit more patient than a .500 coach in the first three years. If he’s .500 after next year then his seat is going to get warm.
If Macon goes somewhere and becomes a decent starter, then Drink needs shit canned.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 12:06 AM 11-30-2022
If Macon goes somewhere and becomes a decent starter, then Drink needs shit canned.
Depending on where it is, agree completely. If it Missouri Western (for example) then I’m not sure that’s a Drink thing. If it’s like an iowa state then absolutely.
[Reply]
Page 72 of 109
« First < 22626869707172 7374757682 > Last »
Up