ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 80 of 114
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:18 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
You think they'll stay at Arrowhead?
I do. I think they split from the Royals, shop around come back with a price tag and get back on the ballot.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:28 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I do. I think they split from the Royals, shop around come back with a price tag and get back on the ballot.
Hopefully they have a better campaign than "Give us a ton of money or we're leaving" like the last one.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:03 PM 04-04-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Hopefully they have a better campaign than "Give us a ton of money or we're leaving" like the last one.
Don't kid yourself, the Chiefs gained a ton of leverage with the NO vote.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:10 PM 04-04-2024
"Don't believe the noise. We are committed to retention of our teams with vastly lower expenses--think needed infrastructure build out--than even an intra-metro move. Both teams will be in KCMO in 2040 and long after" - Mayor Q

Not sure what needed infrastructure build out means. Is he talking about a streetcar going to the TSC? That idea has been floated for the world cup. Id say the clock is ticking on that
[Reply]
Lzen 09:45 AM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
Yes

Sure

Absolutely not

Of course

Yes

And the answers to all of them are very obvious
Well, we don't know that for sure but there is a good reason why I mentioned all of those things. I suspect they may want to do some or all of these things.

If that's the case then they will just price out fans like myself, unfortunately.
[Reply]
-King- 12:00 PM 04-05-2024
Chiefs go on the ballot without the royals and have a roof over the stadium and it passes 75:25
[Reply]
jettio 12:06 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Here's a sampling of projects they've opposed that have had major delays or cancellations because of their opposition:

Lux Riverfront
Freighthouse Village
Katz Redevelopment (Main & Westport)
Wonderland (19th & Broadway)
City Harvest (5th & Main)
Mac Developemtn (Armour & Main)
ATT HQ Residential Conversion (8th & Locust)
KCATA High-Rise (10th & Main)
KC Royals Ballpark (East Village)
Ascend at River Market (Fmr. Defeo Tower (Oak & Third))
KC Current Village
The Midland Lofts (1221 Baltimore)
Parker Square Apartments
Old KCPS Headquarters
4711 Belleview
74 Broadway - Waldo Proposal (47th & Broadway)
Bravo Hotel

They also have over a million dollar in liquid assests. Haven't built a single house.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...ions/845137189

Where did you get the information of the list of projects and did the source for the list of projects say more about what happened with each proposal?

Not sure why you want to complain how they spend the money they raise as as a 501c3.

Their donors should know they are an advocacy group. They can advocate for this and that. You want to piss and moan that they have not spent a million dollars to increase housing inventory? That's pretty weak. You might have some real arguments to state, but nonsense criticism about KC Tenants not building shit on their own might discredit a valid argument you make on a different point because it comes from somebody that talks nonsense.

On a new Royals stadium, I think KC Tenants needs to acknowledge that some of the total costs will be paid wages and margins for local companies that are included because there would be MBE/WBE.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:37 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
This dude has been incredibly naive on this subject the entire time.

A No vote was always going to mean the end of the Chiefs in Missouri unfortunately.
Jeezus Christmas, this is ridiculous.

No it wasn't, no it isn't, no they won't.

This vote was about Sherman and his completely shitty plan.

The Chiefs tried to give him cover to get the Royals out of their way, and even the Chiefs couldn't save him.

The Chiefs could put their renovations on the ballot alone and it would pass in a landslide.
[Reply]
-King- 05:56 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

The Chiefs tried to give him cover to get the Royals out of their way, and even the Chiefs couldn't save him.

The Chiefs could put their renovations on the ballot alone and it would pass in a landslide.
The Royals plan was better than the Chiefs plan though. Those stadium renovations were bullshit and did nothing to help the vote pass. If anything they hurt it.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:42 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:
Where did you get the information of the list of projects and did the source for the list of projects say more about what happened with each proposal?

Not sure why you want to complain how they spend the money they raise as as a 501c3.

Their donors should know they are an advocacy group. They can advocate for this and that. You want to piss and moan that they have not spent a million dollars to increase housing inventory? That's pretty weak. You might have some real arguments to state, but nonsense criticism about KC Tenants not building shit on their own might discredit a valid argument you make on a different point because it comes from somebody that talks nonsense.

On a new Royals stadium, I think KC Tenants needs to acknowledge that some of the total costs will be paid wages and margins for local companies that are included because there would be MBE/WBE.
because they are clueless and peddle bad information to many people who would benefit for these projects.
[Reply]
Arch Stanton 08:11 PM 04-05-2024
After alla the whining, blaming and otherwise c*** behavior on the air, I've decided that Fescoe tears are more delicious than Billdo tears, although not at this point as refreshing as bungle tears.

Subject ta update.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 08:15 PM 04-05-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

You think the renovations they put out would pass on their own?

I'm not a Jackson county person and can't vote, but they were really underwhelming to me.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:46 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by jettio:

I had compiled it for months from news articles, KC Tennants public statements, and various hearings at City Hall. If you're asking for public sources I can link several of you'd like

Sure I will you don't see the irony in a group that talks about housing for the poor that has over 1 million in liquid assets and has spent $0 on housing? They've also killed projects that would provide hundreds if not thousands of "affordable" units. The housing crisis is driven by the supply not meeting demand. How do you expect prices to go down without more housing? If anything you could easily argue they've made it harder for developers and renters to operate in this city. We know that because we can point to the number of projects currently going on which is maybe a handful. What would stop a developer or landlord from saying fuck this and setting up shop?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:52 AM 04-06-2024
Details of the Negotiations Between the Royals and Clay County. Up to mid January 2024 when the Royals put it on hold. Some fascinating stuff in here including details of the tax expected up north and where those funds are going

https://showmeinstitute.org/blog/sub...d-clay-county/
[Reply]
BWillie 10:58 AM 04-06-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
And the grift with them continue....
Why don't they just consider

1. Moving to a cheaper place to live. You don't deserve to live in Two Light for $1200.
2. Learn how to make money
3. That life isnt fair.
[Reply]
Page 80 of 114
« First < 30707677787980 8182838490 > Last »
Up