ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>Magic: The Gathering
Buck 11:29 PM 07-25-2012
So I've been getting back into this. I know we have some current and former players here so use this thread to discuss or Buy/Sell/Trade cards.
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 02:28 AM 09-16-2012
Hardly, there was a few of us that played it in high school, none of us were nerds and none of us were virgins either.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Jerm 05:52 PM 04-22-2013
Giving this the almighty bump because I recently just got into MTG and looking to see if there were any games, tournies, FNM, etc. in the area...

Also looking for any help or tips or tricks for a n00b...I'm almost overwhelmed at how deep this game is lol and I've barely scratched the surface....
[Reply]
Buck 05:57 PM 04-22-2013
Get out now. Its too expensive.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:58 PM 04-22-2013
Originally Posted by Buck:
Get out now. Its too expensive.
This.

Back when I was playing all of the time....I was buying boxes of booster packs. Wanna have fun? Buy Duels of the Planeswalkers for either the PS3, 360 or PC.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:10 PM 04-22-2013
I'll be able to rein myself in lol...
[Reply]
Simply Red 07:27 PM 08-06-2021
I have about 32 Fetch lands. Been going balls deep on MTG, namely Modern format.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:40 PM 08-10-2021
this thing is trending upward almost daily since they announced Wrenn and Seven which will be released in September.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:59 PM 08-10-2021

[Reply]
Simply Red 10:09 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
That revised Volcanic is straight fire.
[Reply]
wazu 10:02 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
this thing is trending upward almost daily since they announced Wrenn and Seven which will be released in September.

I'm not understanding what this card does. What are the plus and minus symbols all about? I have a bunch of ancient cards that I think are all banned. A couple of years ago our family bought some starter packs and had to learn about 25ish years of changes since I played. But this card looks different than even the ones we bought relatively recently.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:15 AM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I'm not understanding what this card does. What are the plus and minus symbols all about? I have a bunch of ancient cards that I think are all banned. A couple of years ago our family bought some starter packs and had to learn about 25ish years of changes since I played. But this card looks different than even the ones we bought relatively recently.
Its a planeswalker card. Think of it as an enchantment that can a different thing a turn (the +/-).
[Reply]
wazu 01:46 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Its a planeswalker card. Think of it as an enchantment that can a different thing a turn (the +/-).
Got it. Looked it up and think I'm following now. Man, the game has gotten complicated. Already was but seems every other card there is a new word or some other thing that has "counters" or such that have to be tracked. Way back in the day I remember not needing to have a spreadsheet handy to track everything.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:54 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Not really. While the Poke'mon CCG is still played, there isn't an organized play format for old sets.

The reason why old Magic cards command such a pricepoint is because they are in high demand to play with, in the Vintage and Legacy formats.
this didn't age well.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:56 PM 08-11-2021
I just bought the Marnie set of Pokemon - leaving it sealed for 4-7 yrs. I don't mess with Pokemon, but that set will go up tremendously I imagine.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:29 PM 08-11-2021
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I just bought the Marnie set of Pokemon - leaving it sealed for 4-7 yrs. I don't mess with Pokemon, but that set will go up tremendously I imagine.
If you are going for long term investment, then yes sealed product is the way to go.

It might take almost 30 years like Fallen Empires but it will go up in value eventually as long as the game is around.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up