ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Media Center>Magic: The Gathering
Buck 11:29 PM 07-25-2012
So I've been getting back into this. I know we have some current and former players here so use this thread to discuss or Buy/Sell/Trade cards.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:45 PM 07-30-2012
I've a lot of 2nd edition cards. They actually made it through my sons birth all the way up until 11, i deserve a cookie for that. Rock Hydra? Royal Assassin anyone?
[Reply]
patteeu 01:46 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Christ, it frightens me how similar we are (other than your misguided love for DICK Cheney).

I played with original Magic cards. My buddy who owned them had a friend of his who opened a game store and those original, limited first edition Magic cards were given to him for a shit-ton of store credit and gave the store instant cred for getting off the ground.

Meanwhile, I was big into Jyhad for a while, before I had to go off and get a career. Some friends of mine are starting back up again. Our first game in 15 or so years is this Saturday. I'm going with a Malkav/Tremere steal/bleed deck to start. We'll see. I'm sure it will suck, but hopefully everyone else's will too, and stealth/bleed is hard to screw up.

Another good collectible card game (which Dominion is NOT, for those who don't know), was Battletech. It was outstanding for 2 players.

The Middle Earth Collectible Card Game was also very, very good, but could be LONG.

There's a fantastic online engine for MECCG. You have to know all the rules and everything yourself, but it's a great interface.
Don't let our common past bother you too much. Most of the people I played with were crazy liberals too. :-)
[Reply]
Buck 02:15 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I've a lot of 2nd edition cards. They actually made it through my sons birth all the way up until 11, i deserve a cookie for that. Rock Hydra? Royal Assassin anyone?
Are you selling?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 02:23 PM 07-30-2012
I play too, stoppedplaying at Ice Age. I have a ton of Revised and prior.....I probably have 30+ dual lands, and plenty of other good cards.....8 sink holes, ice storms, mana drains, ali from cairo, .....

I think i might sell though, if I do I will post up ebay links here.
[Reply]
NewChief 02:37 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Dominion is superb. Very different feel from Magic, however. It's not a tap/resource type game at all.
I should have clarified. It's not a CCG game. It's a deck building game.
[Reply]
Buck 03:07 PM 07-30-2012
I really only want to play EDH so I'm interested on older cards, but not necessarily the best for standard/legacy.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:25 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Buck:
Are you selling?
I know you'll ask so i'll just go ahead and say i have zero mox cards. Lots of dual land tho
[Reply]
phisherman 06:26 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
Can someone tell me about this game? Is there skill to it? I know some poker pros who at some point or another been really into this game.
BWillie will fit right in with the Magic crowd...
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:29 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by phisherman:
BWillie will fit right in with the Magic crowd...
He would never be able to figure it out.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:29 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN:
I know you'll ask so i'll just go ahead and say i have zero mox cards. Lots of dual land tho
Dual lands sell for a shit ton. Don't let BUCK scam you.
[Reply]
Buck 06:30 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
Dual lands sell for a shit ton. Don't let BUCK scam you.
www.tcgplayer.com

look up any card before you sell it
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:40 PM 07-30-2012
i've got sorin lord of innistrad and liliana of the veil. and snapcaster mage.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:03 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Buck:
www.tcgplayer.com

look up any card before you sell it
Should... not... have.... looked.... at that. :-)

I remember having so many cards on that list that are worth big bucks now.

FUCK

:-)
[Reply]
phisherman 07:09 PM 07-30-2012
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
He would never be able to figure it out.
I'd just love to see the look on his face (and the faces of the others) if he showed up at a group game.
[Reply]
NewChief 07:27 PM 07-30-2012
OMG. Shivan Dragons really are going for like $180. Crazy. I had a few.

Yikes. I had a bunch of Vesuvian Dopplegangers. They're going for $419. :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up