ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3685 of 3903
« First < 2685318535853635367536813682368336843685 3686368736883689369537353785 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:34 AM 08-24-2021
Demographic breakdown of who has been vaccinated....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...2em1PaI4B1FB_k

Can't say that the results of this poll is too surprising...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 10:39 AM 08-24-2021
That poll seems way off at first glance
[Reply]
jdubya 10:39 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I'd expect no less than a "Raiders fan" who thinks Carr isn't a good QB. Your ignorance and devouring of stupidity is epic.
Which Carrdashian are you? I'm guessing Darren ammitrite?
:-)
[Reply]
jdubya 10:43 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, everyone thinks it's about censorship and "you just don't like my opinion", yet never look in the mirror.

There's plenty in this thread I've been skeptical about (without booting everyone) and everyone has their own biases of course, but generally the people who get booted from this thread are just here to stir shit one way or another.... of course politicizing things (and "other people are doing it" isn't an adult argument), or repeating the same things over and over and over to cause drama (and it's the 2nd time now you've brought this up when it was completelyoff topic), or stating those things as fact with nothing to back it up and having no interest in discussion (and I believe that's the first link you've provided).

I googled around last night and easily found several articles about it... several mentioning the 180k number, but a few also mentioned 80% of those people are denied entry... and other articles that go into detail about how all of that works with detainment and Covid testing.

Do I "agree" with what I read? Well, like just about everything, the truth is generally in the middle if you can find an outlet that doesn't have an agenda to grind.

I'm also not going to steamroll into a thread, completely change the topic (twice) while thinly veiling it into political bullshit because I heard something in my echo chamber that I can get on board with to "own" the other side.
Fair enough. The main reason I brought it up in the first place is I get sick of the beating each other up of vax vs unvaxxed which inevitably leads to political ideologies when there are other arguable variables.
[Reply]
jdubya 10:46 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
My Aunt that lives in TX and is on par with the rabid anit-vaxers here was admitted to the ER with covid around 2am this morning. Last I heard she is not doing well. :-)
Sorry to hear. I hope she gets stable and goes home soon.
[Reply]
penguinz 11:04 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Sorry to hear. I hope she gets stable and goes home soon.
Thanks!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:09 AM 08-24-2021
Fair enough. The main reason I brought it up in the first place is I get sick of the beating each other up of vax vs unvaxxed which inevitably leads to political ideologies when there are other arguable variables.
The fact that anyone thinks getting vaxxed is a political propolistion is pure insanity.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:20 AM 08-24-2021
There's certainly a ton of nuance that gets lost in these arguments over time, where in the minds of others you end up as either 100% pro-forced-vaccines-for-everyone-at-any-cost or 100% antivaxxer-freedum-fighter.

And that goes for your posts as well, of course, by assuming those who are pushing to vaccinate (most) everyone are also of the ideology that pigeonholes them into certain views on immigration.

(I've personally learned a lot of shit about what goes on in border towns since moving to Arizona (second hand from people who have visited border towns and have seen some shit and heard much more) that's shaped my opinion on the subject that would re-pigeonhole me from predicted ideologies)
[Reply]
TLO 11:33 AM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:

Spoiler!
Let's see the poll results for those who would rather use ivermictin over getting a vaccine.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:07 PM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:

Spoiler!
Poll is less than useful since AA population is the least vaccinated if CDC data is to be believed.
[Reply]
Otter 12:11 PM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Poll is less than useful since AA population is the least vaccinated if CDC data is to be believed.
Well they're alcoholics. Sneak up on them when passed out and jab 'em.

It's those stubborn meth heads that are going to be difficult to round up.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:15 PM 08-24-2021
Numbers from Kaiser Family Foundation tend to agree with you; https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...race-ethnicity
[Reply]
O.city 12:18 PM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
Well they're alcoholics. Sneak up on them when passed out and jab 'em.

It's those stubborn meth heads that are going to be difficult to round up.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:22 PM 08-24-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
Numbers from Kaiser Family Foundation tend to agree with you; https://www.kff.org/other/state-indi...race-ethnicity
Thanks for that. Just think it's important to bring up facts when these conversations tend to steer towards tearing each other down based on demographics. There a numerous folks showing their butts from all stripes. At this point anyone refusing to get the vaccine is a complete dufus. That's all there is to is. Just got done with a 10 day quarantine for my wife's breakthrough case. Just me, my 3 year old, and 6 year old. Hardest week I've endured since being downrange in Afghanistan. I can only imagine the heartbreak for families in the hospital. My wife was very sick, but I believe we would have been in the hospital without the vaccine. And she has 0 comorbid conditions as a 35 year old.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:30 PM 08-24-2021
Thanks for that. Just think it's important to bring up facts when these conversations tend to steer towards tearing each other down based on demographics. There a numerous folks showing their butts from all stripes. At this point anyone refusing to get the vaccine is a complete dufus. That's all there is to is. Just got done with a 10 day quarantine for my wife's breakthrough case. Just me, my 3 year old, and 6 year old. Hardest week I've endured since being downrange in Afghanistan. I can only imagine the heartbreak for families in the hospital. My wife was very sick, but I believe we would have been in the hospital without the vaccine. And she has 0 comorbid conditions as a 35 year old.
Actual data vs. polling data, no matter what the subject is, tends to be extremely varied.

Like asking a bunch of 8 years old's if they ate their broccoli, 75% might say they did, but the left over broccoli on the plate tells a different story.
[Reply]
Page 3685 of 3903
« First < 2685318535853635367536813682368336843685 3686368736883689369537353785 > Last »
Up