ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2640 of 2694
« First < 1640214025402590263026362637263826392640 264126422643264426502690 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
crispystl 04:53 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
This is why I now deeply appreciate Brady. He's going to keep mahomes motivated for years after he's done everything he needs to do.

But also, **** Brady forever.
It really sucks it could've been 3-6 or 4-6 already. Hell I guess it could be 5-5 really.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:15 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Narrator: "Smith was injury free and not on the roster for 2018."

God, TigerUppercut was such a goddamn weirdo. I can't stop rereading his bullshit from the 2017 offseason and training camp. It's just so bizarre, you can't help but stare at it
If anyone was a candidate to have been from Alex’s immediate family…
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:19 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
It really sucks it could've been 3-6 or 4-6 already. Hell I guess it could be 5-5 really.
Brady’s timing was impeccable.

He got Mahomes in the playoffs with 1) an awful Bob Sutton defense and 2) an OL filled with 3rd string players out of position.

How fucking lucky can one guy get? It’s insane.
[Reply]
DRM08 05:32 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

He got Mahomes in the playoffs with 1) an awful Bob Sutton defense and 2) an OL filled with 3rd string players out of position.

And the Tuck Rule, which bailed him out on a fumble in the snowy AFC title game against the Raiders. It was a damn fumble and should have been a loss for the Patriots. No other great QB has benefited from this rule on such a big stage. The rule only existed for 14 freaking years. The older guys before Brady never benefited from it. Mahomes and the younger players will never benefit from it.

And how about Pete Carroll's brain fart on the goal line? He had the best RB in the league and tried to throw it. Belichick's defense bailed out Brady from another loss.

The Dee Ford game should have been a loss with 3 INT for Brady. But how about Belichick's defense holding the Rams offense to only 3 points in the Super Bowl? That Rams offense averaged 30 points per game in the rest of the season. A total JAG quarterback could have won that game for the Patriots.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:58 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
This is why I now deeply appreciate Brady. He's going to keep mahomes motivated for years after he's done everything he needs to do.

But also, **** Brady forever.
I hadn't thought about it this way yet. Brady's luck and longevity aggravated me for two decades, but it is going to end up being the very thing that drives Mahomes for years to come.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:01 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
And the Tuck Rule, which bailed him out on a fumble in the snowy AFC title game against the Raiders. It was a damn fumble and should have been a loss for the Patriots. No other great QB has benefited from this rule on such a big stage. The rule only existed for 14 freaking years. The older guys before Brady never benefited from it. Mahomes and the younger players will never benefit from it.

And how about Pete Carroll's brain fart on the goal line? He had the best RB in the league and tried to throw it. Belichick's defense bailed out Brady from another loss.

The Dee Ford game should have been a loss with 3 INT for Brady. But how about Belichick's defense holding the Rams offense to only 3 points in the Super Bowl? That Rams offense averaged 30 points per game in the rest of the season. A total JAG quarterback could have won that game for the Patriots.
For as great as 28-3 was. It would’ve never happened if Kyle Shanahan didn’t completely melt down on offense. The Falcons playcalling to finish that game handed it to the Patriots.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:09 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
For as great as 28-3 was. It would’ve never happened if Kyle Shanahan didn’t completely melt down on offense. The Falcons playcalling to finish that game handed it to the Patriots.
There's truth in that, but I give Brady strong credit for that one. Phenomenal comeback, zero doubt about that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 06:25 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Blowing a 28-3 Lead is on the offense eh? I mean, don't you think the defensive minded HC and the defense share a far bigger piece of the blame for that?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:41 PM 02-06-2024

This is a good point and another reason I despise head-to-head wins for judging QBs.

Brady and Mahomes both won two Super Bowls while the other was in the league. It’s not nothing that Brady went through Mahomes (more specifically the Chiefs defense) to get his, but how is it Mahomes’ fault that Brady couldn’t get past the… *checks notes*… Titans and Cowboys when Mahomes got his?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:12 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is a good point and another reason I despise head-to-head wins for judging QBs.

Brady and Mahomes both won two Super Bowls while the other was in the league. It’s not nothing that Brady went through Mahomes (more specifically the Chiefs defense) to get his, but how is it Mahomes’ fault that Brady couldn’t get past the… *checks notes*… Titans and Cowboys when Mahomes got his?
It’s kind of like when people criticize LeBron’s Finals record.

So it would be more impressive if he didn’t even make the Finals?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:16 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Mahomes also scored a critical win in Foxboro that ultimately swung home field advantage our way in the 2019 playoffs. We'd have been happy to rematch the Patriots that year had.. check notes.. Brady not ended his career with the Patriots on a pick 6 to an ass Titans defense.
[Reply]
carcosa 07:19 PM 02-06-2024

There is at least one Cavs Finals team that would have been in the lottery without LeBron. MJ was beyond great but he never singlehandedly dragged a dog shit roster to the Finals
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:20 PM 02-06-2024
Enjoying this thread even more than usual in the last few posts.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:37 PM 02-06-2024
Brady got bailed out by defense, refs and Vinatieri more more than illegal immigrants.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:37 PM 02-06-2024

You don't have to point to his Finals record to make the point that if he were as great as his Stan's want you to believe, he'd have more rings.
[Reply]
Page 2640 of 2694
« First < 1640214025402590263026362637263826392640 264126422643264426502690 > Last »
Up