ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 335
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
listopencil 10:17 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Sorry, if you have to default to secret fire magic that was never mentioned ever before it just goes to show how silly that whole thing was. I was literally laughing at it because it broke my suspension of disbelief so hard.
Nah, I didn't default to fire magic. I'm saying that it's a possibility that the writers came up with. Nothing you have posted prevents them from being oil burning devices that were spilled.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:19 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Nah, I didn't default to fire magic. I'm saying that it's a possibility that the writers came up with. Nothing you have posted prevents them from being oil burning devices that were spilled.
They were either the worst designed oil burning devices ever as spills and being knocked over it not unheard of or the scene makes no sense whatsoever logically.

For me it is the latter and made the last part of the episode a farce instead of dramatic.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:23 PM 05-15-2016
I think Davos got an idea when Melissandra turned up at Castle Black alone. Also, it seems Tormund has a thing for Brienne maybe?
Tormund definitely has the hots for her. He eyed herwhen she rode in then again at table. Dolorous Ed caught it and made a funny face like "whatever floats your boat". Was funny.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:24 PM 05-15-2016
They were either the worst designed oil burning devices ever as spills and being knocked over it not unheard of or the scene makes no sense whatsoever logically.

For me it is the latter and made the last part of the episode a farce instead of dramatic.
I can't imagine that very many people grabbed the unbearably hot crowns of them very often and then held on long enough to rock them until they fell. But you can take that up with the manufacturers as a design flaw if you wish: Can be knocked over by people who are immune to fire.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:24 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Tormund definitely has the hots for her. He eyed herwhen she rode in then again at table. Dolorous Ed caught it and made a funny face like "whatever floats your boat". Was funny.
Probably makes a lot of sense why he would be attracted to her from a wildling perspective.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:27 PM 05-15-2016
I can't imagine that very many people grabbed the unbearably hot crowns of them very often and then held on long enough to rock them until they fell. But you can take that up with the manufacturers as a design flaw if you wish: Can be knocked over by people who are immune to fire.
If you have to go through tons of gyrations that weren't explained in the actual story for a scene to make sense then it is a bad scene.

Lets agree to disagree. I found it farcical and illogical. You didn't. Simple as that.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:29 PM 05-15-2016
If you have to go through tons of gyrations that weren't explained in the actual story for a scene to make sense then it is a bad scene.

Lets agree to disagree. I found it farcical and illogical. You didn't. Simple as that.
Sure. I'm mainly happy that a Dany story wasn't completely crap for once in a very long while.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:31 PM 05-15-2016
Sure. I'm mainly happy that a Dany story wasn't completely crap for once in a very long while.
It wasn't except for the ending. She is still the most boring character on the show. Though Jamie is getting there. All the character growth he had while traveling with Brianne has pretty much been wiped out and he has so far this season devolved to Cerci's accessory.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:32 PM 05-15-2016
Probably makes a lot of sense why he would be attracted to her from a wildling perspective.
Absolutely. Big, strong, hard to get. Their children will be gigantosaurs...
[Reply]
Hawk 10:32 PM 05-15-2016
Sorry, if you have to default to secret fire magic that was never mentioned ever before it just goes to show how silly that whole thing was. I was literally laughing at it because it broke my suspension of disbelief so hard.
Haha, dude, you are so lame. Dany is not boring, and that was an awesome scene! Dany kicked ass and looked sexy and powerful as hell coming out of the flames! Loved it.

It was not magic, they clearly poured the oil or whatever accelerant was in the fire bowls around the ring of the tent so the flames took hold and raced around the circle they rigged. And they clearly had killed the guards and barred the door so the Khals could not escape. It wasn't that complicated, and I thought it was pretty obvious when it was happening that was what she meant earlier when she basically said she had a plan since they couldn't fight their way out. She talked so tough to them because she k ew they had them trapped. I enjoyed the hell out of that scene!
[Reply]
listopencil 10:37 PM 05-15-2016
It wasn't except for the ending. She is still the most boring character on the show. Though Jamie is getting there. All the character growth he had while traveling with Brianne has pretty much been wiped out and he has so far this season devolved to Cerci's accessory.
Yeah, I have been pretty annoyed by the character. She's boring as hell and I don't think the actress is very good. Jamie was great with Tyrion and Brienne. And the sell-sword guy too. But he's back to being a frustrated pretty boy with Cersei. Blah.
[Reply]
Hawk 10:39 PM 05-15-2016
I do agree with you on Jaime. I much prefer book Jaime who sees Cersei for the lying whore she is. Show Cersei is way more likable than book Cersei though. On one hand I like all the differences as it cuts down on book spoilers now that the show is ahead, but they have kind of neutered Jaime on the show and I don't like that.
[Reply]
kcpasco 10:41 PM 05-15-2016
Tormund likes them feisty and strong.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:43 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Haha, dude, you are so lame. Dany is not boring, and that was an awesome scene! Dany kicked ass and looked sexy and powerful as hell coming out of the flames! Loved it.

It was not magic, they clearly poured the oil or whatever accelerant was in the fire bowls around the ring of the tent so the flames took hold and raced around the circle they rigged. And they clearly had killed the guards and barred the door so the Khals could not escape. It wasn't that complicated, and I thought it was pretty obvious when it was happening that was what she meant earlier when she basically said she had a plan since they couldn't fight their way out. She talked so tough to them because she k ew they had them trapped. I enjoyed the hell out of that scene!
I like her tits. I like her ass. She's cute, but those brown eyebrows look ridiculous with her hair that color. She's been a cardboard cutout for most of the show while hotter women have trotted in and out for years now. If she were a very good actress I wouldn't be so bored with her. Maybe the show runners can get stuff written that she can get more into now that they have passed the books. She was more believable in tonight's episode.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:45 PM 05-15-2016
Originally Posted by Hawk:
I do agree with you on Jaime. I much prefer book Jaime who sees Cersei for the lying whore she is. Show Cersei is way more likable than book Cersei though. On one hand I like all the differences as it cuts down on book spoilers now that the show is ahead, but they have kind of neutered Jaime on the show and I don't like that.
He may bounce back. I think his daughter's death, especially after he had just had the I'm your dad talk with her, had taken some wind out of his sails and he's sharing that grief with her mother by comforting her.
Then again that sister pussy may ruin him again.
[Reply]
Page 148 of 335
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158198248 > Last »
Up