ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 27
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>So....Dune 2020. Cool?
Frazod 08:59 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Oh without question!

I plan on seeing it opening day in theaters for sure.

Also the latest trailer was masterfully done imo. It laid out a good amount of the plot for the causal movie goer to understand (all while not spoiling anything ).

This looks flat out jaw dropping & incredible that must be seen on in theaters. I have full confidence that Denis Villeneuve will deliver the goods here (there is a reason why the Hollywood Critics Association named him the "filmmaker of the decade". (Prisoners, Enemy, Sicario, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 etc). Dude is a beast of a director.

Also I predict Jason Momoa (as Duncan Idaho) is going to steal the show. He looks like he was born to play this role Love the part of the trailer where he says "Lets fight like demons". :-)

Can't wait for this shit
Well, if it's faithful to the book, he can't steal that much of it.
[Reply]
Shoes 10:20 AM 07-22-2021
Another Dune trailer, Oct 22 release date. Enjoy:

[Reply]
Valiant 08:17 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Another Dune trailer, Oct 22 release date. Enjoy:

I hope it is great, just gave me feelings of a cross between starwars sequels and twilight Mixed in the dune universe.

Needs to be 4 hours minimum or split into 2 movies.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:43 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:

or split into 2 movies.
This is part 1. But they haven’t committed to a part 2 yet. Only if this makes enough money will we get part 2.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:34 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
This is part 1. But they haven’t committed to a part 2 yet. Only if this makes enough money will we get part 2.
Shit. HBO will hurt that imo.
[Reply]
sully1983 11:42 PM 07-23-2021
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I hope it is great, just gave me feelings of a cross between starwars sequels and twilight Mixed in the dune universe.

Needs to be 4 hours minimum or split into 2 movies.
Ouch Twilight??? Really? And it should easily blow JJ Abrams' stupid SW sequels out of the water in terms of quality story and looks a lot more like mature/adult sci fi entertainment than the new Star Wars shit sequels. It obviously won't make SW or Lord of the Rings box office bank. I'm just hoping for a huge sci fi epic.

The cast is LOADED from top to bottom and is directed by one of the best /most visionary filmmakers working today. I'm very confident that this is going to delver the goods.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 AM 07-24-2021
I'm very confident that this is going to delver the goods.
A sequel hasn't even been greenlit yet so I wouldn't be too confident at this point in time.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:58 AM 07-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
A sequel hasn't even been greenlit yet so I wouldn't be too confident at this point in time.
Oh I am well aware of that. I am specifically talking about Part 1 that comes out in October of this year. All I was getting at regarding the director "delivering the goods" is I'm confident that it'll be an entertaining sci fi epic. If we don't get a Part 2 (which mostly we won't sadly) at least Denis Villeneuve was able to bring some of it to life and I can't wait to see it in theaters.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:48 AM 07-25-2021
Ouch Twilight??? Really? And it should easily blow JJ Abrams' stupid SW sequels out of the water in terms of quality story and looks a lot more like mature/adult sci fi entertainment than the new Star Wars shit sequels. It obviously won't make SW or Lord of the Rings box office bank. I'm just hoping for a huge sci fi epic.

The cast is LOADED from top to bottom and is directed by one of the best /most visionary filmmakers working today. I'm very confident that this is going to delver the goods.
Yeah, I don't get the Star Wars / Twilight comparison. Granted, I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies (apparently there a shit ton of them as they seem to fill the Top 10 on Netflix right now) or the last Star Wars movie after flying space Leia, but it still seem a little overly pessimistic!
[Reply]
sully1983 08:03 AM 07-25-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Yeah, I don't get the Star Wars / Twilight comparison. Granted, I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies (apparently there a shit ton of them as they seem to fill the Top 10 on Netflix right now) or the last Star Wars movie after flying space Leia, but it still seem a little overly pessimistic!
Oh man whatever you do, don't ever watch the Twilight saga movies. Some of the worst /stupid cringe worthy shit I've ever seen. Back when Twilight was all the rage among the female demographic all around the globe, I was dating this chick that was obsessed with that crap. She was hot and had a pretty good personality and could suck a golfball out of a garden hose when it came to giving head so I endured watching most of them with her.

The cast of DUNE is loaded from top to bottom and I can't wait to see all these talented actors interact with each other.
[Reply]
Fish 10:27 AM 07-22-2021
Oh wow!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:08 AM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Oh wow!
My God.

This may actually be the movie we deserve.
[Reply]
bevischief 11:23 PM 07-27-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
My God.

This may actually be the movie we deserve.
This
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:52 AM 07-22-2021
I am Smiling.

:-)

I love Brolin.

However this turns out they're for sure giving it the good faith effort.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:19 AM 07-22-2021
Certainly looks better than the previous shit efforts.

Except....

The Fremen eyes are still wrong. BEADS OF DARK GLASS. It's right there in the fucking book. :-)
The Baron isn't fat enough.
Gurney is supposed to be lumpy and ugly. And Josh Brolin is about as ugly as Patrick Stewart.

One the other hand, it looks right. The combat is hand-to-hand, as its supposed to be. No weirding modules. And I do like the way the shields look. And they did a great job with the sandworms.

Oh well. I'm fairly convinced at this point that the only person who could do Dune to my complete satisfaction is me. And since that's not going to happen, I guess I'll hold out hope that the good will outweigh the bad.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 27
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up