ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What is the best restaurant in KC?
TLO 03:44 PM 04-24-2024
I'm not super picky about food type - I'm just looking at what restaurant would qualify to you as "the best" in Kansas City.

Give me some examples of food offered, atmosphere, price, etc.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:24 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
no love for Town Topic?
See Post #50
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:29 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think Bristol is pretty damn outstanding.

Have never had a single thing there that wasn't fantastic and they really do cover all the bases. Seafood, beef, pork, chicken - they don't miss.
They do salmon really well.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 08:29 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Excuse me? We colonised nearly an entire continent just to enslave the people there for the spices they grew.
Which was pointless because you clearly have an aversion to using said spices in your food.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:31 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
For a chain, Eddie V’s has superb food and service.

But, for local spots, here’s just a few favorites that I highly recommend.

Farina
The Town Company
Lula Southern Cookhouse
Le Fou Frog
Grunauer
Cafe Provence
The Majestic
Novel
Good list here....especially Cafe Provence getting a shout.

I am pretty torn on Lula I know it is popular and I have not had a bad experience there per say but what you get for money is just a bad value propisition. I don't have any problem spending money on a good meal but these are comfort food staples and for the price it is good but nowhere near *that* good.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:56 AM 04-25-2024
Le Fou Frog > Cafe Provence

I did not think the Majestic was great, at least for steak.

I'd like to find a new steakhouse since Stockhill changed ownership and is no longer 4 stars. Ive just been going to Em Chamas cuz they have cheap Wagyu.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:01 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think Bristol is pretty damn outstanding.

Have never had a single thing there that wasn't fantastic and they really do cover all the bases. Seafood, beef, pork, chicken - they don't miss.

Does it matter which location?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:04 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
I found it flavorless and it does not seem to be a minority opinion

Correct. My wife and I went once years ago and have never been back even though it’s not far from us at all. Flavorless is exactly what we recall.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:09 AM 04-25-2024
There’s a relatively new place (5 years maybe, not sure) in Lenexa at the city center area off I-435, Silo Modern Farmhouse that is actually pretty good. Rye is probably a decent comparison.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
There’s a relatively new place (5 years maybe, not sure) in Lenexa at the city center area off I-435, Silo Modern Farmhouse that is actually pretty good. Rye is probably a decent comparison.
Oh yes. It's pricier than Rye if memory serves. But damn is it good. I'd rate it much higher. And they have amazing brunch buffets that are not cheap.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:13 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
no love for Town Topic?
Few people want to be shot while they're eating.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:16 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Few people want to be shot while they're eating.
There are better last meals in town for sure.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:21 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Does it matter which location?
Haven't been to the Leawood location so can't speak to it. I'm really just speaking only to the Kansas City location down near P&L.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:27 AM 04-25-2024
I like Bristol but Bonefish is just as good, if not better.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 10:31 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Are they open for lunch?
Asking for a “friend” and his “date”? :-)
[Reply]
ghak99 10:44 AM 04-25-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
I've been told I should go to Stroud's for some pan fried chicken when I visit KC. Is it good and worth the trip?
When given the choice of any restaurant in KC, my youngest niece chooses Strouds for the Chicken. I think it's because her mom can't cook and it reminds her of what her Grandmother makes for her.

I think Strouds keeps it a little bland on purpose for families with kids, but you also have to consider the vast majority of the metro area have had their taste buds drowned in corn syrup and sugar for so long so they don't even know what they can't taste anymore.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up