ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Who is your Favorite "Superfan"?
Arrowman 23 18.40%
First Down Elvis 52 41.60%
X Factor 8 6.40%
Weirdwolf 40 32.00%
Red Xtreme 2 1.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Hall of Classics>Who's your favorite KC Superfan?
greg63 01:39 AM 10-20-2005
You see them on TV, in person and cheering the loudest, not to mention their charity involvement. Now here's your chance to vote for your favorite "Superfan"

http://www.kcsuperfans.com/
[Reply]
greg63 11:13 PM 10-22-2005
Originally Posted by OldTownChief:
Goin for 200?
...Hadn't thought about it, but since you mentioned it. :-)
[Reply]
greg63 11:15 PM 10-22-2005
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sounds like closure to me?:-)
Me too BRC. :-)
[Reply]
onescrewleftuntwisted 01:12 AM 10-23-2005
2 hours since the last post

i just felt like kicking the dead horse
[Reply]
greg63 07:48 AM 10-23-2005
Originally Posted by onescrewleftuntwisted:
2 hours since the last post

i just felt like kicking the dead horse
Hey, kick away bud. The vote count is up to 120, and at this point I'm just really hoping to get the KC Superfan web site as many hits as possible. :-)
[Reply]
RedXtreme 08:06 AM 10-23-2005
Last I heard we were up to 150 just from this site. Sully you said right . We do it in different ways than others with the same goal. I still dont like the Faiders comment though. Its all good though.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:36 AM 10-23-2005
Originally Posted by greg63:
Hey, kick away bud. The vote count is up to 120, and at this point I'm just really hoping to get the KC Superfan web site as many hits as possible. :-)
Don't worry Skip will be along in a little bit to put you in your place, N00b! :-)
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 09:48 AM 10-23-2005
Okay, I'm going to jump in here and give my $0.02, because well, opinions are like....you know what.

Also, I haven't met any of these guys personally and don't know them from Adam.

Anyway, I can see how someone like Sully could get the impression that these guys want attention drawn to themselves. (I think one member in particular can give off that vibe). However, after visiting their website and few times and getting an impression of their personalities from this board and others, I don't think that is the case.

If you visit kcsuperfans.com for five minutes, you'll get the idea that these guys have HUGE hearts and their primary interests are with our Metropolitan community. I don't believe that they're a "better Chiefs fan" than I am, because they paint their faces and wear costumes (I don't believe that they think that either). I DO think they collectively set an example of how we, as members of our community (over and above being a Chiefs fan), should give BACK in some way, shape or form. That's it.

I DON'T think they're ripping off or imitating Raider Nation (why would anyone ever do THAT?!) anymore than BoneLady or The Big Dog in Cleveland, Fireman Ed in New York or Big Nasty in Tampa. I mean, who here hasn't "dressed up" up for some reason or another. If that's the way that they choose to express their "fandom" of the Chiefs - more power to 'em.

I think their attitude of community involvement is something we should ALL aspire to.
[Reply]
xfactor 09:56 AM 10-23-2005
Thanks for the nice comments,it is always great to hear from the great people of my hometown of Scott City. I just don't miss that 12 hour round trip to the game. I have a couple charity balls that are being raffled to raise money,one for a handicapped facility that I used to work for in Garden City, proceeds will go to helping buy adapative equipment for individuals that can't afford it. The second will be raffled to raise money for project graduation, my brother and cousin both graduate this year. I'm also working with all 3 schools about making an appearance to talk about topics of following your dreams,importance of reading,discrimination,sportsmanship,ect.
Thanks for the support

Originally Posted by Buster's Dad:
Ty (x-factor) is from my home town,I have known him and his folks for ages. and a attention getter he isn't, his Mother and Dad have told me of the countless hrs he has put in on chairity work, and usually it's a thank you is his pay.
Sully, it sounds like your ''diaper'' is all wadded up, do like dicke v says and shed that'' diaper'' and be a man. :-) :-) :-)

[Reply]
Skip Towne 10:02 AM 10-23-2005
Who is the old guy with the phone?
[Reply]
xfactor 10:06 AM 10-23-2005
Well said Tomahawk-
You are right that right now we are mostly targeting the KC area but we are looking to do more outside of KC to help other communities,so if anyone has a cause then let us know and we will try to help. RedXtreme has been helping a little boy from Coffeyville that is in need of liver transplant, visit the Zane Cox link to find out more. I'm sending charity balls clear out to western Kansas to help more money and have been approached about making school appearances in Topeka,Scott City,Great Bend,Hoisington which I plan on doing all of these. Right now we are overwelmed here in KC but as soon as the season ends with us winning in Detroit, that is the time that we will be able to reach out to those areas outside of the KC area.

Originally Posted by tomahawk kid:
Okay, I'm going to jump in here and give my $0.02, because well, opinions are like....you know what.

Also, I haven't met any of these guys personally and don't know them from Adam.

Anyway, I can see how someone like Sully could get the impression that these guys want attention drawn to themselves. (I think one member in particular can give off that vibe). However, after visiting their website and few times and getting an impression of their personalities from this board and others, I don't think that is the case.

If you visit kcsuperfans.com for five minutes, you'll get the idea that these guys have HUGE hearts and their primary interests are with our Metropolitan community. I don't believe that they're a "better Chiefs fan" than I am, because they paint their faces and wear costumes (I don't believe that they think that either). I DO think they collectively set an example of how we, as members of our community (over and above being a Chiefs fan), should give BACK in some way, shape or form. That's it.

I DON'T think they're ripping off or imitating Raider Nation (why would anyone ever do THAT?!) anymore than BoneLady or The Big Dog in Cleveland, Fireman Ed in New York or Big Nasty in Tampa. I mean, who here hasn't "dressed up" up for some reason or another. If that's the way that they choose to express their "fandom" of the Chiefs - more power to 'em.

I think their attitude of community involvement is something we should ALL aspire to.

[Reply]
Rain Man 10:06 AM 10-23-2005
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
Who is the old guy with the phone?
:-)

Did anyone ever figure out what that was all about?
[Reply]
greg63 05:43 PM 10-23-2005
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Don't worry Skip will be along in a little bit to put you in your place, N00b! :-)
Hey, Skip's my hero. :-)
[Reply]
RedXtreme 11:54 AM 10-24-2005
Gregg I guess my son knows your son.He was playing football for Roosevelt. I dont know if he knows him well or if he just met him. It is cool to see the old hometown colors on here though.
[Reply]
greg63 12:00 PM 10-24-2005
Originally Posted by RedXtreme:
Gregg I guess my son knows your son.He was playing football for Roosevelt. I dont know if he knows him well or if he just met him. It is cool to see the old hometown colors on here though.
:-)
How cool! Hope my son didn't annoy yours; he has a bad habit of doing that. Is your son in the 7th or the 8th grade?
[Reply]
go bo 12:26 PM 10-24-2005
Originally Posted by digi2fish:
can someone connect the names and the image for me...? the only pair I got the connection is First Down Elvis...
ok, i'll try...

fde you know...

weirdwolf is the guy with the shoulder pads and great makeup... he sometimes posts on here, i think he just goes by weirdwolf, but i'm not sure...

arrow man is the guy with arrows sticking into him... as far as i know, he doesn't post here...

the X-factor is the guy all in red with a red cheesehead on his head (that sounds unnecessarily redundant, doesn't it?)... he posted on this thread and he comes around fairly often...

and the red Xtreme guy posted here too, but he is not a regular as far as i know...

we haven't talked gochiefs into coming up for a 37 forever weekend yet, but i'm sure we could dress him up enough to make him a visiting honorary superfan...

otoh, that's probably a bad idea.... :-) :-) :-)

btw, how's digi these days?

did you get to see the miami game?

have you tried downloading those bit torrent thingies that dru puts up?

it's a good way to see some of the action...
[Reply]
Page 13 of 15
« First < 3910111213 1415 >
Up