ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 46
« First < 364243444546
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2023-24 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 08:49 AM 09-27-2023
Time to reboot for the upcoming season.

Anyone interested in doing a fun (or even low cost $25) Fantasy NHL League?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:02 AM Today
So did the Nichushkin news just take all the wind out of Colorado's sails?

I mean Dallas looked outstanding, but Colorado being flat had something to do with that as well. I'm not sure Colorado wins any game where Dallas plays like that, but they aren't going to be competitive (as last night demonstrated) if they play like that.

Seemed like being down 2-1 without their best playoff scorer seemed to have convinced them that its time to get the golf clubs out of the attic. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are, more than any other playoffs/event, fueled by raw emotion. Energy and ferocity is an absolute necessity and they just didn't have it.

Do they have the juice for a 'one game at a time' mentality at this point? Last night sure suggested otherwise.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I mean Dallas looked outstanding, but Colorado being flat had something to do with that as well. I'm not sure Colorado wins any game where Dallas plays like that, but they aren't going to be competitive (as last night demonstrated) if they play like that.

Seemed like being down 2-1 without their best playoff scorer seemed to have convinced them that its time to get the golf clubs out of the attic. The Stanley Cup Playoffs are, more than any other playoffs/event, fueled by raw emotion. Energy and ferocity is an absolute necessity and they just didn't have it.

Do they have the juice for a 'one game at a time' mentality at this point? Last night sure suggested otherwise.
It certainly seemed like it. They were missing Toews, too, so being down a couple top guys.

Avalanche teams of ~4-5 years ago had a really tough time with highly energetic, good defensive teams that could lock them down... and I was telling a buddy last night that it was reminiscent of those teams. That was before MacKinnon had really become a beast in the playoffs, just powering his way through guys.... and if anything, I felt like he was trying to do too much in game 3 by himself, and then he wasn't nearly as noticeable last night (or maybe I wasn't paying attention).

They matched the Jets intensity throughout, but Dallas has taken away the middle and if hockey had 11 skaters, DeBoer would play a 1-10... and it seems to be wearing them down, until whatever the hell happened last night.

I think the Stars are too good to lose 3 in a row, much less whether the Avalanche are up to it... but, it's why they play the games, I guess.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Dallas's defense was already causing us problems. Nichushkin and Toews both being out made it even more of an uphill battle.

Honestly, I think it's a long shot they win tomorrow. I think we would have taken at least one more game, but losing those guys makes it tough.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 46
« First < 364243444546
Up