ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 63
« First < 6465253545556 57585960 > Last »
Media Center>CBS: Star Trek
keg in kc 03:47 PM 11-02-2015

Originally Posted by :
The Next Chapter of the Legendary “Star Trek” TV Franchise Will Premiere on the CBS Television Network, Then Move to CBS All Access Digital Subscription Service

Alex Kurtzman, Co-Writer and Producer of the Blockbuster Films

“Star Trek” and “Star Trek Into Darkness,” to Executive Produce

CBS Studios International to Distribute the Series Globally

For Television and Multiple Platforms

STUDIO CITY, CALIF. AND NEW YORK, N.Y. – Nov. 2, 2015 – CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new “Star Trek” television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

The next chapter of the “Star Trek” franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous “Star Trek” television series.

The brand-new “Star Trek” will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new “Star Trek” TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films “Star Trek” (2009) with Roberto Orci, and “Star Trek Into Darkness” (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The new series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers. Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series SCORPION and LIMITLESS, along with Kadin and Orci, and for HAWAII FIVE-0 with Orci.

“Star Trek,” which will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016, is one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time. The original “Star Trek” spawned a dozen feature films and five successful television series. Almost half a century later, the “Star Trek” television series are licensed on a variety of different platforms in more than 190 countries, and the franchise still generates more than a billion social media impressions every month.

Born from the mind of Gene Roddenberry, the original “Star Trek” series debuted on Sept. 8, 1966 and aired for three seasons – a short run that belied the influence it would have for generations. The series also broke new ground in storytelling and cultural mores, providing a progressive look at topics including race relations, global politics and the environment.

“There is no better time to give ‘Star Trek’ fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. “Everyone here has great respect for this storied franchise, and we’re excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately.”

“This new series will premiere to the national CBS audience, then boldly go where no first-run ‘Star Trek’ series has gone before – directly to its millions of fans through CBS All Access,” said Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President/General Manager – CBS Digital Media. “We’ve experienced terrific growth for CBS All Access, expanding the service across affiliates and devices in a very short time. We now have an incredible opportunity to accelerate this growth with the iconic ‘Star Trek,’ and its devoted and passionate fan base, as our first original series.”

“Every day, an episode of the ‘Star Trek’ franchise is seen in almost every country in the world,” said Armando Nuñez, President and CEO, CBS Global Distribution Group. “We can’t wait to introduce ‘Star Trek’s’ next voyage on television to its vast global fan base.”

CBS All Access offers its customers more than 7,500 episodes from the current television season, previous seasons and classic shows on demand nationwide, as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live in more than 110 markets. Subscribers can use the service online and across devices via CBS.com, the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, as well as on connected devices such as Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Roku players and Roku TV, with more connected devices to come.

The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016

[Reply]
srvy 10:21 PM 04-05-2021
Good god, they are continuing on with this crap. They embarrassed themselves with that crap last year.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:23 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Good god, they are continuing on with this crap. They embarrassed themselves with that crap last year.
Yep. There's really no point in watching unless there is a massive overhaul of the writing room and show runners.

[Reply]
listopencil 06:12 PM 06-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Yep. There's really no point in watching unless there is a massive overhaul of the writing room and show runners.

The whole show needs to be tightened up. I'll still give it a shot but better writers and a better showrunner would be welcome.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The whole show needs to be tightened up. I'll still give it a shot but better writers and a better showrunner would be welcome.
Yeah love me some Picard but after that first season your opinions is probably the same as the other 95% of Star Trek fans.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:44 AM 06-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah love me some Picard but after that first season your opinions is probably the same as the other 95% of Star Trek fans.

You would think so, but the new shows seem to be pretty popular on the Trek forums. There is a very large segment of the fan base that simply loves anything with the Star Trek label on it. I think the studio knows this so they really don't have an incentive to turn out a better product.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:36 PM 07-13-2021
Matt Shakman, fresh off the billion Emmy nominations for WandaVision, has just signed on with Paramount and Bad Robot to helm the next Star Trek film. No word on cast or timeline yet, but it's being rushed into production early next year. Big deal for Paramount, apparently.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:39 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Matt Shakman, fresh off the billion Emmy nominations for WandaVision, has just signed on with Paramount and Bad Robot to helm the next Star Trek film. No word on cast or timeline yet, but it's being rushed into production early next year. Big deal for Paramount, apparently.
If this is true, they have a script and will bring back the Kelvin Timeline cast because otherwise, it would be impossible.

With Bad Robot involved, I'd be absolutely floored if they re-cast the Abrams Star Trek crew.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:40 PM 07-13-2021
And here's confirmation from literally 2 minutes ago:

Very excited that Matt Shakman from WandaVision is going to direct the next Trek movie — and that the reboot cast is also coming back. I wonder if they’re still going with the idea of bringing back Hemsworth. I would rather they move on from Kirk’s daddy issues. pic.twitter.com/GzzqEWmJ4O

— Jim Vejvoda (@JimVejvoda) July 14, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:45 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
And here's confirmation from literally 2 minutes ago:

Awesome news! It’s funny to think that this cast will have spent at least us much time playing these characters on the big screen as the original cast did.

1979 to 1991. Original cast.

2009 to 2022. New cast.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:59 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Awesome news! It’s funny to think that this cast will have spent at least us much time playing these characters on the big screen as the original cast did.

1979 to 1991. Original cast.

2009 to 2022. New cast.
Well, it's four movies with the new cast versus six with the original but I get your drift. I would be kinda shocked if this film was released in summer 2022 and it'll most likely be during the holiday season or Spring 2023.

The best part about this is that the cast could conceivably continue for decades.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:13 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

The best part about this is that the cast could conceivably continue for decades.
Yes. Good point
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:45 PM 07-13-2021
That's good news. Chris Pine was well cast as Kirk, so it would have been a shame to waste that.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:00 PM 07-13-2021
Oh hell yes! This is great news.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:04 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
That's good news. Chris Pine was well cast as Kirk, so it would have been a shame to waste that.
Pine, Karl Urban, and Zachary Quinto all nail the Star Trek "big three". Zoe Saldana, John Cho, and Simon Pegg all do very well with their adaptations (even if I could do without the Spock/Uhura romance).

And RIP Anton Yelchin. His Chekov took me a couple of viewings to adapt to, but by the end of the third flick he WAS Chekov.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:35 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Pine, Karl Urban, and Zachary Quinto all nail the Star Trek "big three". Zoe Saldana, John Cho, and Simon Pegg all do very well with their adaptations (even if I could do without the Spock/Uhura romance).

And RIP Anton Yelchin. His Chekov took me a couple of viewings to adapt to, but by the end of the third flick he WAS Chekov.
Very true. They all surpassed any expectations I had going into that series of films and did a good job with those characters.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 63
« First < 6465253545556 57585960 > Last »
Up