ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 63
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Media Center>CBS: Star Trek
keg in kc 03:47 PM 11-02-2015

Originally Posted by :
The Next Chapter of the Legendary “Star Trek” TV Franchise Will Premiere on the CBS Television Network, Then Move to CBS All Access Digital Subscription Service

Alex Kurtzman, Co-Writer and Producer of the Blockbuster Films

“Star Trek” and “Star Trek Into Darkness,” to Executive Produce

CBS Studios International to Distribute the Series Globally

For Television and Multiple Platforms

STUDIO CITY, CALIF. AND NEW YORK, N.Y. – Nov. 2, 2015 – CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new “Star Trek” television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

The next chapter of the “Star Trek” franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous “Star Trek” television series.

The brand-new “Star Trek” will introduce new characters seeking imaginative new worlds and new civilizations, while exploring the dramatic contemporary themes that have been a signature of the franchise since its inception in 1966.

Alex Kurtzman will serve as executive producer for the new “Star Trek” TV series. Kurtzman co-wrote and produced the blockbuster films “Star Trek” (2009) with Roberto Orci, and “Star Trek Into Darkness” (2013) with Orci and Damon Lindelof. Both films were produced and directed by J.J. Abrams.

The new series will be produced by CBS Television Studios in association with Kurtzman’s Secret Hideout. Kurtzman and Heather Kadin will serve as executive producers. Kurtzman is also an executive producer for the hit CBS television series SCORPION and LIMITLESS, along with Kadin and Orci, and for HAWAII FIVE-0 with Orci.

“Star Trek,” which will celebrate its 50th anniversary in 2016, is one of the most successful entertainment franchises of all time. The original “Star Trek” spawned a dozen feature films and five successful television series. Almost half a century later, the “Star Trek” television series are licensed on a variety of different platforms in more than 190 countries, and the franchise still generates more than a billion social media impressions every month.

Born from the mind of Gene Roddenberry, the original “Star Trek” series debuted on Sept. 8, 1966 and aired for three seasons – a short run that belied the influence it would have for generations. The series also broke new ground in storytelling and cultural mores, providing a progressive look at topics including race relations, global politics and the environment.

“There is no better time to give ‘Star Trek’ fans a new series than on the heels of the original show’s 50th anniversary celebration,” said David Stapf, President, CBS Television Studios. “Everyone here has great respect for this storied franchise, and we’re excited to launch its next television chapter in the creative mind and skilled hands of Alex Kurtzman, someone who knows this world and its audience intimately.”

“This new series will premiere to the national CBS audience, then boldly go where no first-run ‘Star Trek’ series has gone before – directly to its millions of fans through CBS All Access,” said Marc DeBevoise, Executive Vice President/General Manager – CBS Digital Media. “We’ve experienced terrific growth for CBS All Access, expanding the service across affiliates and devices in a very short time. We now have an incredible opportunity to accelerate this growth with the iconic ‘Star Trek,’ and its devoted and passionate fan base, as our first original series.”

“Every day, an episode of the ‘Star Trek’ franchise is seen in almost every country in the world,” said Armando Nuñez, President and CEO, CBS Global Distribution Group. “We can’t wait to introduce ‘Star Trek’s’ next voyage on television to its vast global fan base.”

CBS All Access offers its customers more than 7,500 episodes from the current television season, previous seasons and classic shows on demand nationwide, as well as the ability to stream local CBS stations live in more than 110 markets. Subscribers can use the service online and across devices via CBS.com, the CBS App for iOS, Android and Windows 10, as well as on connected devices such as Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Roku players and Roku TV, with more connected devices to come.

The new television series is not related to the upcoming feature film “Star Trek Beyond,” which is scheduled to be distributed by Paramount Pictures in summer 2016

[Reply]
listopencil 03:51 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by 007:
These last first two and a half episodes seasons are complete throw away episodes seasons.
FYP
[Reply]
Jamie 01:58 AM 12-25-2020
My expectations for the explanation of the burn weren't high, but it was even dumber than I expected.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:49 AM 12-25-2020
Originally Posted by Jamie:
My expectations for the explanation of the burn weren't high, but it was even dumber than I expected.
I went ahead and searched for the explanation just now. Holy shit, this show is as bad as I thought it was. I'm glad I gave up on it.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:30 PM 12-26-2020
There are some things about Discovery that I really like, and some things I don't.

Things I liked:
  1. I really liked the first half of Season 1 where Burnham went from First Officer to being the most hated criminal felon in Star Fleet, then back to being a Star Fleet officer again.
  2. I thought Jason Isaacs did a superb job as Captain Lorca. He was a complex character with good and bad qualities. I kept looking at Jason Isaacs and thinking "I can't believe this is the same guy who played Lucius Malfoy". Jason Isaacs is a great actor.
  3. I really liked the way they introduced Ash Tyler and the way he was stuck in Klingon captivity, waiting for the "right" guy to help him escape, since escaping was a two-man job.
  4. I really liked the development of so many characters with back stories that made them interesting, especially Stamets and Culber.
  5. I really liked Rainn Wilson as Harry Mudd. I'd like to see that character again, although that seems unlikely now.
  6. I liked the way Ash Tyler murdered Culber so suddenly and surprisingly. I still flinch whenever I rewatch the scene where Tyler snaps Culber's neck.
  7. I'm glad they are finally done with Georgiou on this show. There was something about her that I just found annoying.

Things I hated:
  1. I absolutely ****ing hated the reveal of Captain Lorca as simply an evil ****er from the Mirror Universe. That almost made me stop watching. They took a great, complex character, and they turned him into a cartoon villain.
  2. I hated it when they revealed that Ash Tyler was really a Klingon who had been surgically altered to look like a human.
  3. I hated the whole idea of Captain Georgiou as the Emperor of the Mirror Universe.
  4. I hated it when Burnham brought her into our universe.
  5. I hated it even more when Emperor Georgiou immediately was accepted into Star Fleet's double top secret Section 31 organization.
  6. There were far too many Klingon scenes where they spoke Klingon. I got tired of that quickly.
  7. And more recently, I totally ****ing hate what they came up with as the cause of The Burn. Ridiculous and disappointing.

Even though there are so many things about the show that piss me off, I find myself watching it every week, because they also do a lot of things very well.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:36 PM 12-26-2020
I just finished re-watching Season 1 of Star Trek Picard. I know that some people don't like that show at all. I love almost everything about that show.

The entire cast gave outstanding performances and the season-long plot was incredible. My favorite character might have been Dr. Agnes Jurati, who wound up murdering Dr. Maddox and then later redeeming herself. She was a very complex and interesting character. So were Soji/Dahj, Raffi, Rios, and Seven of Nine. And watching Data ask Picard to terminate the simulation that was keeping his consciousness alive was very touching and seemed very fitting for Data's character as the Android who desperately wanted to be human. Since humans aren't immortal, he didn't want to be immortal either.

Seeing Riker coming to the rescue in the last episode as temporary captain of a star ship was one of the highlights of the season. It totally made up for seeing him in an earlier episode as a boring old retired guy in overalls and a scraggly grey beard.

I must say I had very low expectations for Star Trek Picard. I didn't want to see a show with 80 year old Patrick Stewart playing a boring old retired guy. This show far exceeded my expectations.
[Reply]
bowener 03:45 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I just finished re-watching Season 1 of Star Trek Picard. I know that some people don't like that show at all. I love almost everything about that show.

The entire cast gave outstanding performances and the season-long plot was incredible. My favorite character might have been Dr. Agnes Jurati, who wound up murdering Dr. Maddox and then later redeeming herself. She was a very complex and interesting character. So were Soji/Dahj, Raffi, Rios, and Seven of Nine. And watching Data ask Picard to terminate the simulation that was keeping his consciousness alive was very touching and seemed very fitting for Data's character as the Android who desperately wanted to be human. Since humans aren't immortal, he didn't want to be immortal either.

Seeing Riker coming to the rescue in the last episode as temporary captain of a star ship was one of the highlights of the season. It totally made up for seeing him in an earlier episode as a boring old retired guy in overalls and a scraggly grey beard.

I must say I had very low expectations for Star Trek Picard. I didn't want to see a show with 80 year old Patrick Stewart playing a boring old retired guy. This show far exceeded my expectations.
I understand you have your own personal tastes and I don't want to shit on them, but Picard is bad TV and it is garbage Star Trek. These reviews are better than the show, and you should consider watching them. Picard is bad and they do a good job of explaining why.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 04:16 PM 12-27-2020
The best thing about Picard is that it's been rolled at at the same time as Discovery. I'll take the bologna sandwich on stale bread with flat pop that is Picard over the steaming pile of shit with sour milk that is Discovery. Yum. :-)
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 10:44 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I understand you have your own personal tastes and I don't want to shit on them, but Picard is bad TV and it is garbage Star Trek. These reviews are better than the show, and you should consider watching them. Picard is bad and they do a good job of explaining why.
Spoiler!
To each his own. It's clearly a mixed bag, but I'm hardly the only person who likes the show. According to Rotten Tomatoes, 56% of the audience likes the show (along with 87% of the critics).

If you don't like the show and you consider it to be garbage Star Trek, that's cool.

The funny thing is that the first time I watched it, I was like "Meh". But then I decided to re-watch it a couple of weeks ago. When I re-watched it, I put my phone away and really watched the show instead of having it on in the background while I browsed the Internet on my phone. I enjoyed it a lot more that way, and I picked up on a lot of things that I missed the first time. I don't think I gave it a fair shot the first time.

I tried to watch the reviews you posted, but frankly, those two guys bored the shit out of me. I prefer the reviews on Post Show Recaps ==> https://postshowrecaps.com/tv-show/s...p-remembrance/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:46 AM 12-29-2020
I laughed when Burnham of all people told Book she was afraid Saru couldn’t be objective as captain. There are ideas in this show that are intriguing but it’s just such lazy writing and so badly executed.

Also why did the entire crew spent like 5 minutes giving toasts to the departed Georgieu as if she ever had positive interactions with anyone on the ship other than Burnham? Just bizarre. She was basically Trek’s version of Vegeta except not developed as a character whatsoever.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:55 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
[*]I absolutely ****ing hated the reveal of Captain Lorca as simply an evil ****er from the Mirror Universe. That almost made me stop watching. They took a great, complex character, and they turned him into a cartoon villain.
Botching Lorca as badly as they did turned me off this show about as badly as any show ever has.Took a long break before getting around to watching S2. They spent time in the first half of that S1 making him an interesting character and threw it all away for reasons that are still unclear.
[Reply]
listopencil 04:20 AM 12-29-2020
I noticed that Enterprise is on Netflix. Watched the first episode and it was good enough to start wiping the bad taste of DISCO away. I recall that the final episode is a stupid shitshow holodeck bullshit scam but I think I'll give it a shot anyway.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:53 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I noticed that Enterprise is on Netflix. Watched the first episode and it was good enough to start wiping the bad taste of DISCO away. I recall that the final episode is a stupid shitshow holodeck bullshit scam but I think I'll give it a shot anyway.
Seasons 1-3 are legit excellent. I'm in the middle of season 4 and it is weak.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 06:55 PM 12-29-2020
I'm thinking about rewatching Enterprise as well.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:55 AM 12-30-2020

Enterprise is only my fourth favorite Trek series, but it is lightyears ahead of everything that came after it. The final episode is still complete shit though; Demons/Terra Prime is where the series ends for me.

Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Seasons 1-3 are legit excellent. I'm in the middle of season 4 and it is weak.

I'm just the opposite, in that I think that season 4 was the most consistently good. Daedelus and These Are the Voyages are the only two episodes I dislike. The show was on the upswing, imo, and I would have loved to see a fifth season centered around the Romulan War.

P.S. I like to mess around with Photoshop, and I did some ENT related stuff a few months ago. Here's an Enterprise/ACDC mashup I did then:

[Reply]
Mennonite 12:48 PM 01-09-2021
Since nobody has posted since the season finale I can only assume that you guys have given up on this pos?
[Reply]
Page 47 of 63
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up