ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 236 of 286
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:14 PM 01-30-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Damn. Was gonna watch this tonight. Well, thanks for taking one for the team.
Give it a go YMMV
[Reply]
Why Not? 10:33 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Give it a go YMMV
Went with the 2018 version of Robin Hood instead. Little Things probably an Oscar winner compared to that. But Bono's daughter is a looker, at least.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:13 AM 02-04-2021
I watched The Dig on Netflix. Knew nothing going in, but damn it was good.

It's about the beginnings of the excavation of Sutton Hoo site in the UK. This is about an understated of execution as it can be. But it really fits the time (1939 going into WWII) in the UK. And in the world of ADD media consumption, it restores a modicum of faith back into humanity.

The acting in this was a tall order, they asked the actors to convey a hell of a lot with virtually nothing for dialogue. And they knocked it out of the park. Ralph Fiennes is brilliant as always. But the rest of the crew did really well also, pretty much top to bottom. Top it off with writing that really made me buy into most of the characters by the end. Not really a nit to pick in the crew. The score was excellent as well. A ton of places to stub their toe and they really knocked it out of the park.

It is also worth noting that they broached a lot of pretty heavy subjects with grace and without beating you over the head with any of it. Death, leaving responsibilities, graverobbing in the name of history, legacies, humanity, war, fleetingness of life. Some really good stuff here. I mean really good. This one is going to hang with me for awhile.

Ton of respect for the filmmakers here.

I'd really recommend it, but don't go in expecting expecting mindless entertainment.

EDIT: Trailer

EDIT: Spoilered. They put a TON in there. I wouldn't watch the Trailer if you intend to watch the show. Better to not know.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 10:18 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Went with the 2018 version of Robin Hood instead. Little Things probably an Oscar winner compared to that. But Bono's daughter is a looker, at least.
The one with Taryn Edgerton and Jamie Foxx?

Man that one was shit.
[Reply]
eDave 07:51 PM 02-04-2021
Caught Assassins' Creed the other night. Total bullcrap.
[Reply]
Why Not? 07:57 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The one with Taryn Edgerton and Jamie Foxx?

Man that one was shit.
Yeah, not good.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:18 PM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its not really new, but I'm halfway through No Escape with Owen Wilson and just had to brag on it, this flic didn't get NEARLY enough acclaim... this thing is a nonstop pulsepounder

If you have On Demand, you can check it out right now on the USA channel... when critics say "edge of your seat" this is what they mean
You got me! I have to see. Thanks! :-)

[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
Fish 01:27 AM 02-25-2021

[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:03 AM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Can't wait . . . the longing is terrible . . .
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:59 PM 02-25-2021
Finally got around to watching Gretel and Hansel (the latest Hollywood iteration).

It fucking sucked. Had so much potential too.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:00 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Whoa

So, mushrooms right before watching this, or nah?
[Reply]
Fish 06:49 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Whoa

So, mushrooms right before watching this, or nah?
Oh fuck yeah. We taking a trip.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:56 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched The Dig on Netflix. Knew nothing going in, but damn it was good.

It's about the beginnings of the excavation of Sutton Hoo site in the UK. This is about an understated of execution as it can be. But it really fits the time (1939 going into WWII) in the UK. And in the world of ADD media consumption, it restores a modicum of faith back into humanity.

The acting in this was a tall order, they asked the actors to convey a hell of a lot with virtually nothing for dialogue. And they knocked it out of the park. Ralph Fiennes is brilliant as always. But the rest of the crew did really well also, pretty much top to bottom. Top it off with writing that really made me buy into most of the characters by the end. Not really a nit to pick in the crew. The score was excellent as well. A ton of places to stub their toe and they really knocked it out of the park.

It is also worth noting that they broached a lot of pretty heavy subjects with grace and without beating you over the head with any of it. Death, leaving responsibilities, graverobbing in the name of history, legacies, humanity, war, fleetingness of life. Some really good stuff here. I mean really good. This one is going to hang with me for awhile.

Ton of respect for the filmmakers here.

I'd really recommend it, but don't go in expecting expecting mindless entertainment.

EDIT: Trailer

EDIT: Spoilered. They put a TON in there. I wouldn't watch the Trailer if you intend to watch the show. Better to not know.

Spoiler!

I’m embarrassed to say that I tried to watch this a few weeks ago on a Friday night— and fell asleep. Hell, I picked it out and was looking forward to it but 30 minutes in...I just...zonked. No I don’t watch any of the MCU/DC crap with people emoting in front of a green screen, or 99% of the other pablum cranked out the past several years. I just found it achingly slow.

I’ll try again at some point.
[Reply]
Stryker 11:58 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
You got me! I have to see. Thanks! :-)

[IMG][/IMG]
Incredible! Watched it tonight with the wife and we both enjoyed! Thank you! :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:23 PM 02-28-2021
Glad you liked it bud, yeah its super underrated... once the action gets started the pace just never relents
[Reply]
Page 236 of 286
« First < 136186226232233234235236 237238239240246 > Last »
Up