ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 335
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Bowser 08:12 PM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
As someone who hasn't watched any of the season, have they included Oldtown at all?
Sam Tarly has mentioned Oldtown when he was studying in the cellar at the Wall, but that's about it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:22 PM 05-22-2015
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
As someone who hasn't watched any of the season, have they included Oldtown at all?
The locations they're scouting for next year strongly suggests that Oldtown will be part of the next season (it also would have been pretty unnecessary for Sam to mention Oldtown if DD weren't planning on doing more with it).
[Reply]
Third Eye 07:51 AM 05-23-2015
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The locations they're scouting for next year strongly suggests that Oldtown will be part of the next season (it also would have been pretty unnecessary for Sam to mention Oldtown if DD weren't planning on doing more with it).
Interesting. The Sarella comment made me curious.
[Reply]
tomahawk kid 07:59 AM 05-25-2015
Thoughts on last nights episode?

The Cercei turn wasn't surprising.

Was pleased with the Sam / Ghost scene. Ghost appearances have been few and far between.

Disappointed that Theon didn't rise to the occasion.
[Reply]
Red Brooklyn 10:44 AM 05-25-2015
Book Theon managed to garner some sliver of sympathy from me. Show Theon is a fuck. The only character I dislike more is Ramsay.

In the book I'm looking forward to seeing Theon's redemption. On the show I want him dead. And I want Sansa to kill him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:01 AM 05-25-2015
Almost that entire episode was meh.
[Reply]
Hawk 12:33 PM 05-25-2015
I enjoyed that episode, it was much better than last week.

I was expecting Theon to help Sansa, that part got me. Frickin Theon, Sansa is in deep doodoo right now. Brienne needs to go off on Ramsay and kill his ass, and Theon too at this point.

The Sand Snake story suddenly got a LOT more interesting. Dang, she is hot! Seriously though, it was the first Sand Snake scene I liked, and Bronn saying he was going easy on them because they're women kind of makes the lousy fight scene last week a little more tolerable.

Glad to see Tyrion meet up with Dany already, I was annoyed that didn't happen in Book 5. Jorah's fight scene was pretty good too.

Liked seeing Sam stick up for Gilly and then seeing Ghost was great. Think Jon should have taken him with him to give him credibility with the wildlings, but at least we got a Ghost sighting. And Sam got lucky!

Cersei got arrested. We all knew it was coming, looking forward to seeing her punishment.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:08 PM 05-25-2015
I'm looking forward to the reaction when...that thing...happens to Jon Snow at Castle Black. It should be amazing.

I had been slow to watch this season just because I didn't expect much from it, but after binge watching all the episodes in the last 24 hours I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I think they've done a great job this season so far.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:43 PM 05-25-2015
End would have been more cathartic if they hadn't tried so hard to make Cersei sympathetic for 5 years. There's probably people out there who think she doesn't deserve it and that it's just more evidence that the show hates women.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:11 PM 05-25-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm looking forward to the reaction when...that thing...happens to Jon Snow at Castle Black. It should be amazing.

I had been slow to watch this season just because I didn't expect much from it, but after binge watching all the episodes in the last 24 hours I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I think they've done a great job this season so far.
If you're in this thread and haven't read the books or aren't well past where the show is in the books, then for fuck's sake don't open this spoiler. Seriously.

Spoiler!

And I agree about the direction of the show. I think they've done a fantastic job augmenting the story yet staying true to the overall feel and direction. The only part that hasn't lived up yet are the Sand Snakes. So far they just look like a real bitchy group of Armenian women, lol.
[Reply]
Swanman 10:07 PM 05-25-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

Hopefully they get Jon back to Castle Black fairly quickly so they can move those storylines forward a bit. Also, with Ramsay openly talking about Jon to Sansa, maybe we will see the bastard note or something like it. They are definitely staying true to form with Stannis's army getting raped by the snow storms. Not so much with the Shireen nonsense.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:53 AM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Hopefully they get Jon back to Castle Black fairly quickly so they can move those storylines forward a bit. Also, with Ramsay openly talking about Jon to Sansa, maybe we will see the bastard note or something like it. They are definitely staying true to form with Stannis's army getting raped by the snow storms. Not so much with the Shireen nonsense.
Someone either in this thread or the other thread had mentioned possibly that Shireen would be put up as a sacrifice to the God of Light long before this. I think there was some foreshadowing to it or something.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:12 PM 05-26-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It also seems that if you wanted to use the Sand Snakes and depict them as badass, you would focus on finding people who can actually fight. Those three looked like jokes.

AND: They're leaving out the best sand snake, by far. Where's my Sarella at?
So...uh...I think we figured out what they were focusing on when they cast Tyene Sand. Mother of God....

Now the other 2? Yeah, still terrible decisions on the casting there. For Tyene, however, they are forgiven.

Much better episode but still not to the level of previous seasons or even earlier in this season.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:04 PM 05-26-2015
For those who were fans of the Tyene Sand scene...

(NSFW)
http://imgur.com/a/ZP5ev
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:09 PM 05-26-2015
Any male with a pulse is a fan of the Tyene Sand scene.

Unfortunately, those lovely breasts are not viewable based on your attachments. All I see when I click is a "NSFW image" thing.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 335
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up