ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 335
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
Amnorix 01:33 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
The point I was making is that their legal system is shoddy. Would you disagree?

:-) Hard to disagree with that, and this isn't even the normal legal system, it's some kind of religious inquest. So yes, it's beyond shoddy.
[Reply]
NewChief 01:36 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
:-) Hard to disagree with that, and this isn't even the normal legal system, it's some kind of religious inquest. So yes, it's beyond shoddy.
And once again: so unbelievable that Cersei would sit there and watch the freaking QUEEN be carted off with that little half-hidden smirk on her face without realizing the huge amounts of power she is abdicating from the monarchy/royals to the church and how much she's endangering herself. Just amazing how stupid and myopic she is.
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:39 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
And once again: so unbelievable that Cersei would sit there and watch the freaking QUEEN be carted off with that little half-hidden smirk on her face without realizing the huge amounts of power she is abdicating from the monarchy/royals to the church and how much she's endangering herself. Just amazing how stupid and myopic she is.

Can't see past the end of her own nose. All she knows is she's back to being the number one woman in Tommen's life.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:45 PM 05-19-2015
Actually in the book the religious inquest was very good at getting to the truth if you recall. They basically were able to figure out everyone's lies. Their methods were maybe questionable but not their results.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:49 PM 05-19-2015
I doubt the knight of flowers gets out of this. He is basically dead in the books anyway from Cersei sending him to his doom and attacking Stannis's old castle if I recall. He was burned horribly if my memory serves me correctly and although not dead he might as well have been.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:24 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I doubt the knight of flowers gets out of this. He is basically dead in the books anyway from Cersei sending him to his doom and attacking Stannis's old castle if I recall. He was burned horribly if my memory serves me correctly and although not dead he might as well have been.
Yeah....I think they'll have the religious sect kill him off.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:35 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I am, however, eager to see Hotah get down with that battleaxe.
I'm going to miss Bronn dearly.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:27 PM 05-19-2015
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I'm going to miss Bronn dearly.

I'm not familiar with Hotah but Bronn is low key a beast.

I was kind of mad we didn't get to see him take on The Hound before the Battle of Blackwater. Or Merynt Trant and that other guard outside of Tyrion's quarters.. Would have been a couple good fights, I think.
[Reply]
RaiderH8r 06:20 PM 05-19-2015
Yeah. **** the rape scene. Sometimes it just feels like this series wants to wallow in the darker aspects of humanity. I know that Sansa will likely get some redemption and Ramsey will get his... but ****. The rape scene was just so ridiculously melodramatic to the point that it just feels like pure sadism on the part of the writers.

They just want to put the audience through misery for the sake of putting them through misery.

The Tyrion/Jorah subplot was great this week.

The Arya subplot was okay. Not really anything special. As VP said, if you've read the books then it feels like we're getting the Reader's Digest version of her story.

The Sandsnake thing pretty much went down as it did in the books with the addition of Jaime and Bron. The Sand snakes end up coming off like the petulant, petty clueless girls that they are who have no idea how the Game of Thrones is actually played.

The King's Landing is only bearable to watch because I know that Cersei is about to get hers. Otherwise... geezus. Tommen. You ****ing pussy. And Cersei is such a ****ing dumbass made all the more dumb by her cluelessness to the fact of how dumb she is. What's the syndrome people talk about on here where dumbasses' dumbassery is made even more dumbass by the fact that they not only don't realize they're a dumbass but think they're smart? Yeah. Cersei has that.

Edit: Dunning-Kruger effect. Cersei has a full blown case.
But Ramsay is definition of sadistic. I can't believe anybody thought that there was any chance the marriage would be consummated in any other way. In fact for him not to sexually and verbally demean her would have been so far out of character as to ultimately come off as ludicrous. Yes, rape is contemptible. Yes. Ramsay is contemptible. I'm just glad none of you soft sacked cunts had to watch Oz. It truly would have broken the internet.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:08 PM 05-19-2015
Speaking of Oz, is Adibeesy (I'm sure I butchered that name) and his crew going to come down with greyscale?
[Reply]
Swanman 08:01 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r:
But Ramsay is definition of sadistic. I can't believe anybody thought that there was any chance the marriage would be consummated in any other way. In fact for him not to sexually and verbally demean her would have been so far out of character as to ultimately come off as ludicrous. Yes, rape is contemptible. Yes. Ramsay is contemptible. I'm just glad none of you soft sacked ****s had to watch Oz. It truly would have broken the internet.
I watched Oz from beginning to end and still was put off by the Sansa consummation scene. They didn't need to take up so much time with it. We already know that Ramsay is a sadistic animal. We don't need to see demonstrations of it over and over and over and over. It reminded me a bit of Spartacus, where the writers would freak out if there wasn't a rape scene every 7.2 minutes.

With all that said, this better be setting up to someone getting absolutely medieval on Ramsay. I think nothing less than a slow flaying would satisfy me at this point.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:30 AM 05-20-2015
Yeah. **** the rape scene. Sometimes it just feels like this series wants to wallow in the darker aspects of humanity. I know that Sansa will likely get some redemption and Ramsey will get his... but ****. The rape scene was just so ridiculously melodramatic to the point that it just feels like pure sadism on the part of the writers.

They just want to put the audience through misery for the sake of putting them through misery.

The Tyrion/Jorah subplot was great this week.

The Arya subplot was okay. Not really anything special. As VP said, if you've read the books then it feels like we're getting the Reader's Digest version of her story.

The Sandsnake thing pretty much went down as it did in the books with the addition of Jaime and Bron. The Sand snakes end up coming off like the petulant, petty clueless girls that they are who have no idea how the Game of Thrones is actually played.

The King's Landing is only bearable to watch because I know that Cersei is about to get hers. Otherwise... geezus. Tommen. You ****ing pussy. And Cersei is such a ****ing dumbass made all the more dumb by her cluelessness to the fact of how dumb she is. What's the syndrome people talk about on here where dumbasses' dumbassery is made even more dumbass by the fact that they not only don't realize they're a dumbass but think they're smart? Yeah. Cersei has that.

Edit: Dunning-Kruger effect. Cersei has a full blown case.
I think they handled the rape scene as well as possible.

Once they made the decision to marry Sansa to Bolton's bastard, that scene was coming. It's critical because:

1) It is going to be a device that's used to snap Reek out of his current state
2) Once Sansa is married to him, there's no way around it. They can't have the Bastard reform and be kind to her or anything. If the show is setting her up to do ruthless and terrible things to the Boltons, it builds additional motivation.
3) If Sansa ends up deciding to run, as teased in the preview for next week, this is a reason for her to abandon her plan (and perhaps lose faith in Littlefinger, who put her in that situation).

Don't get sucked in by the bullshit from places like THEMARYSUE, which are trying to act like the scene was gratuitously violent or graphic (it was neither, and easily could have been) or took all of Sansa's growing power and placed it in the hands of Theon (it didn't).
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think they handled the rape scene as well as possible.

Once they made the decision to marry Sansa to Bolton's bastard, that scene was coming. It's critical because:

1) It is going to be a device that's used to snap Reek out of his current state
2) Once Sansa is married to him, there's no way around it. They can't have the Bastard reform and be kind to her or anything. If the show is setting her up to do ruthless and terrible things to the Boltons, it builds additional motivation.
3) If Sansa ends up deciding to run, as teased in the preview for next week, this is a reason for her to abandon her plan (and perhaps lose faith in Littlefinger, who put her in that situation).

Don't get sucked in by the bullshit from places like THEMARYSUE, which are trying to act like the scene was gratuitously violent or graphic (it was neither, and easily could have been) or took all of Sansa's growing power and placed it in the hands of Theon (it didn't).
Finally got to see it last night and I don't think it was near as graphic as they probably could have made it. Shit...I was expecting to have to turn my head or something.

I think, like you said, this is what snaps Theon out of being Reek and what gives Sansa the motivation to take down the Boltons and Littlefinger.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:52 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Finally got to see it last night and I don't think it was near as graphic as they probably could have made it. Shit...I was expecting to have to turn my head or something.

I think, like you said, this is what snaps Theon out of being Reek and what gives Sansa the motivation to take down the Boltons and Littlefinger.
I don't think Littlefinger gets taken down anytime soon. Unlike many others he knows the Game of Thrones and he plays it very well. He is a master at it you might say. He was basically a no one and very soon he will probably be the Warden of the North.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:53 AM 05-20-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:

I don't know what people expected. Other than completely avoiding the whole plot point of Sansa marrying the Bastard, what other recourse was available?

He was going to rape her on the the wedding night... it is fairly critical to moving forward AGAINST him... were they expected to just show the scene in the sept and then show mopey Sansa the next day? Or show her limping around?

Sansa's strong redemption will be in how she reacts and responds to this event.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 335
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up