ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Nzoner's Game Room>"NFL Coach" says Mahomes Flopped
petegz28 06:12 PM 01-31-2023
Never mind it was a penalty regardless but a "NFL Coach" is mad as heck and stuff...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/nfl-c...ing-field-goal

When Patrick Mahomes was hit late, the penalty set up the Kansas City Chiefs for the game-winning 45-yard field goal.

However, with some controversial officiating throughout the night, the call has come with some scrutiny not only among fans, but NFL coaches as well.

In fact, an NFL coach says Mahomes sold the hit in order to get the extra yards.

"That is what the owners want, $40 million skill players flopping on the ground," an NFC defensive coach told The Athletic, "drawing fouls from chemistry teachers, medical device salesmen and the like."

The coach was referring to the fact that NFL referees are actually part-time employees by the league. Retired official Ed Houchili is an attorney, a career he held throughout his entire refereeing career — his son, Shawn, is a wealth management advisor when he's not officiating games.

Mahomes was tackled by Joseph Ossai at the Bengals' 42-yard line, but the penalty cost Cincinnati 15 yards.

Had the refs eaten the whistle, the Chiefs would have had eight seconds to attempt to get closer (or go for a 60-yarder). Instead, they were right in field goal range, and Harrison Butker drilled it.

The kick sent the Chiefs to their third Super Bowl in four years, and they improved to 3-2 in their last five AFC Championships - all of which they have hosted since 2019.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:54 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I can't believe this guy hasn't been banned yet. What are you all waiting for?
He wants to be one of us. He knows his Bengals forum is much slower, and boring AF.

Dude is here to stay. That's fine. He can add to the ever growing list of rival fans to kick around.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:00 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He wants to be one of us. He knows his Bengals forum is much slower, and boring AF.

Dude is here to stay. That's fine. He can add to the ever growing list of rival fans to kick around.
I checked out their tears factory the other day, this dude has a massive amount of posts there and they have little to no traffic. He's gotta be spending time posting over there like clay is here except without the other people. It's crazy.
[Reply]
jettio 02:01 PM 02-01-2023
Mahomes hammed it up a little after he was already on the ground.

Andy Reid teams are not coached to flop or fake injuries like the Bengals are coached to do, but as situationally aware as Mahomes is, Mahomes knows he could ham it up a little and that is what he did once he was already on the ground.

Bengals 49 on the punt return was a fake-ass flop Kemp kept him for getting to Moore on the inside and Harris prevented him from any path to Moore on the outside and he did a 100% flop dive.

Burrow did a 60% embellishment when 64 karras pushed Clark into him at the goalline. the contact had him go backward and he hammed it up into a fall on the backside and immediate cry for a penalty.

Stupid for a coach to comment like that on an obvious foul, but Mahomes did put a little sauce on it.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:13 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I checked out their tears factory the other day, this dude has a massive amount of posts there and they have little to no traffic. He's gotta be spending time posting over there like clay is here except without the other people. It's crazy.
Nah, there's plenty of action during the season and during events like the combine and draft. It does have it's slow times but there's not nearly the number of active posters that there is here.

The smack talk forum was much busier in the beginning too but it's turned into a ghost town since the Ravens and Steelers aren't dominating anymore.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 02:15 PM 02-01-2023
I have one salient point to make on whether Mahomes sold the push or not. The rules specifically forbid making that kind of contact on a player that has gone out of bounds, however, as I noted in a previous post, Ossai made sufficient contact to draw a flag TWICE. Whether or not Mahomes sold the hit is completely irrelevant. Either contact Ossai made with Mahomes should have been sufficient to draw the flag. If Ossai didn't do it inentionally, why did he hit him twice?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:19 PM 02-01-2023
There's a big difference between embellishing a clear penalty and flopping.

Did Mahomes put a little extra sauce on his tumble out-of-bounds? Of course, that's what any intelligent player is going to do.

But there can be no legitimate doubt about it being an obvious foul. It was. Too bad for that kid, too, because he was singlehandedly keeping them in the game.
[Reply]
rydogg58 02:25 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I'm perfectly fine with allowing people to give how they choose and to whom they choose. I'm perfectly fine if someone chooses to not give. That's a persons preference and right and it's none of my business.

The problem i have and it would go towards any charitable effort, is the spoken sentiment of "fuck him and fuck his charity". And it was said because someone pushed his favorite QB out of bounds.
Fuck him, fuck his charity, and most importantly fuck you. Why are you still hanging around here crying about the game?
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:27 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Pray tell what trucking along at 18 mph on a bum wheel and getting pushed in the back by a DE is supposed to look like?

Like was he supposed to somersault into a triple salchow? Fireman roll into a riverdance with the sideline crew? Stomp the yard?

FFS
Yea and the dude that shoved him was still moving fast enough out of bounds after he shoved Mahomes he slammed his knee into the bench hurting his knee because he couldn't stop in time.

Yea fuck him and all the people crying about this play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Yea and the dude that shoved him was still moving fast enough out of bounds after he shoved Mahomes he slammed his knee into the bench hurting his knee because he couldn't stop in time.
Exactly.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:35 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
There's a big difference between embellishing a clear penalty and flopping.

Did Mahomes put a little extra sauce on his tumble out-of-bounds? Of course, that's what any intelligent player is going to do.

But there can be no legitimate doubt about it being an obvious foul. It was. Too bad for that kid, too, because he was singlehandedly keeping them in the game.
It likely goes to overtime.

Given KC's WR situation, that may have been a struggle. But KC's DL was clobbering Cincinnati.

It wasn't like KC was behind and it was a foregone conclusion KC would lose.

Have some faith in the one-legged man...
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:36 PM 02-01-2023
Also, anybody actually believe that Burrow was hit with enough force on that late hit no call to completely fall over?

Clark gives him a small love tap and Burrow collapses to the ground and instantly looks over to the official to throw the flag.

Was that a dirty flop or just a smart play?

Yeah, that's what I thought.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:11 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
It likely goes to overtime.

Given KC's WR situation, that may have been a struggle. But KC's DL was clobbering Cincinnati.

It wasn't like KC was behind and it was a foregone conclusion KC would lose.

Have some faith in the one-legged man...
Not sure what you're referring to. Maybe you quoted the wrong person.

I said it was a clear penalty and that Mahomes put a little extra sauce on his tumble out of bounds like any intelligent player would do.

And that it was too bad for that Ossai dude because he was singlehandedly keeping the BeenGals in the game.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:41 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also, anybody actually believe that Burrow was hit with enough force on that late hit no call to completely fall over?

Clark gives him a small love tap and Burrow collapses to the ground and instantly looks over to the official to throw the flag.

Yeah, nah. Watch Frank any time he gets close to a QB but sees that the ball just left; he always puts on the brakes. He's very careful not to draw flags with late hits. Joe definitely hammed that flop up as much as he could.
[Reply]
jettio 08:10 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Karras also gave Clark a 2-hand push in the back. Clark may not have made any contact at all if he had not been pushed by Karras.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:30 PM 02-01-2023
I supported rfaulks charity in the best way I knew how….I used the coupon for 1 free months of his mama’s onlyfans but cancelled when I saw a tattoo of frank Clarke inside her hope solo.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 16
« First < 289101112 13141516 >
Up