ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3948 of 4894
« First < 2948344838483898393839443945394639473948 39493950395139523958399840484448 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:30 AM 02-04-2023
It will be fun guessing which gadget play player the Pay-a-tons will give a huge WTF contract to.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:32 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
Round 3, Pick 68 (from IND)
Round 3, Pick 69
Round 4, Pick 108
Round 5, Pick 140
Round 6, Pick 194 (from PIT)
Round 7, Pick 247 (from MIN)

& 9-12 million in cap space
Reminds me of that first year of Vermeil. Our 1st pick was in the 3rd round after we had to give up draft compensation for the coach and QB.

Donks will probably draft a bunch of Eric Downings in their draft, too.

Suck my dick, Knowmo
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:58 AM 02-04-2023
They must have offered him a ridiculous amount of $$$ to take on this clusterfuck.

Welp, one thing for sure, Wilson's private office and all his other 'special needs' are out the door. Should be interesting to see how Russ handles just being another football player for the first time in his career.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:02 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
They must have offered him a ridiculous amount of $$$ to take on this clusterfuck.

Welp, one thing for sure, Wilson's private office and all his other 'special needs' are out the door. Should be interesting to see how Russ handles just being another football player for the first time in his career.
Idk, but I’d be willing to bet he has the office/chef/qb coach of his own, written into his contract. And I imagine he’s not gonna relinquish those things.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:09 AM 02-04-2023
Any word on the salary?
[Reply]
old_geezer 11:10 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It will be fun guessing which gadget play player the Pay-a-tons will give a huge WTF contract to.
My first guess would be Mecole Hardman. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:29 AM 02-04-2023
Fuck Donk Forever.

It bears repeating.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:48 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Idk, but I’d be willing to bet he has the office/chef/qb coach of his own, written into his contract. And I imagine he’s not gonna relinquish those things.
Payton comes directly from the Parcells coaching tree. Special treatment for one player is exactly antithetical to how Parcells/Belichick/Payton operate. So, basically he's off the same branch as Belichick. No way Russ keeps his office, and probably the special QB coach is gone, unless Payton actually likes the guy, but even then I could see him axing the guy just to make an example of how he runs his lockerroom.

I mean, we'll see, but part of the reason you bring a guy like Payton into this shitshow is to right the ship, get the team back to being a TEAM. And a big part of how Parcell's guys do that is to make sure everyone knows the QB is just another player on the team.

Anyway, my point really is just that the kid gloves are probably off and in the trash for Russ. Will be interesting to see how he deals with that
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:19 PM 02-04-2023
Payton comes directly from the Parcells coaching tree. Special treatment for one player is exactly antithetical to how Parcells/Belichick/Payton operate. So, basically he's off the same branch as Belichick. No way Russ keeps his office, and probably the special QB coach is gone, unless Payton actually likes the guy, but even then I could see him axing the guy just to make an example of how he runs his lockerroom.

I mean, we'll see, but part of the reason you bring a guy like Payton into this shitshow is to right the ship, get the team back to being a TEAM. And a big part of how Parcell's guys do that is to make sure everyone knows the QB is just another player on the team.

Anyway, my point really is just that the kid gloves are probably off and in the trash for Russ. Will be interesting to see how he deals with that
Yeah, I’m not saying Payton won’t come in and try to make examples. But if the office/chef etc are written in EmbaRuss contract, it won’t matter what Payton wants. Now EmbaRuss could say he’s all in on it and do it for the team. But that remains to be seen. Neither really matters as we have no idea if it’s part of his contract or was just a handshake deal with the last regime. Should be a fun watch anyway! Hoping we get a Haley-esqu “just throw the fucking ball” out of it!
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:23 PM 02-04-2023
Veach trash to Paton All World with the stroke of a pen
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:26 PM 02-04-2023
Yeah, I’m not saying Payton won’t come in and try to make examples. But if the office/chef etc are written in EmbaRuss contract, it won’t matter what Payton wants. Now EmbaRuss could say he’s all in on it and do it for the team. But that remains to be seen. Neither really matters as we have no idea if it’s part of his contract or was just a handshake deal with the last regime. Should be a fun watch anyway! Hoping we get a Haley-esqu “just throw the fucking ball” out of it!
Yeah, we're on the same page, basically. Russ could try and keep all his special treatment shit, but Payton doesn't have to play him either. Payton benched Brees once. And he's made chicken salad out of enough backup QBs in his career that he can easily just ride with another QB.

My expectation is that Russ will toe the line, or Payton will make a pretty embarrassing example out of him.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:48 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Sean Payton has gained some serious LBs.
They couldn't afford Payton...that's Kevin James
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 02:54 PM 02-04-2023
Yeah, we're on the same page, basically. Russ could try and keep all his special treatment shit, but Payton doesn't have to play him either. Payton benched Brees once. And he's made chicken salad out of enough backup QBs in his career that he can easily just ride with another QB.

My expectation is that Russ will toe the line, or Payton will make a pretty embarrassing example out of him.
That’s what I’m hoping for. Will be awesome to watch unfold!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:06 PM 02-04-2023
Uh oh...one third of the Chiefs starters in the 2nd half of the AFCC were rookies....in an AFCC game...against a team that hadn't lost in months...with a QB on 1 leg....with 3 starting WRs out...

Veach built a fucking dynasty and we have some dumbfucl bragging about Colonel Clink up in pile high
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:01 PM 02-04-2023
Russ’ people were conspicuously absent from the Broncos’ facility after Hackett got fired. I think it’s kind of understood that he’s not going to have his whole team of people in the building on a daily basis anymore.

I don’t think he’s upset about it either. Last year was extremely humbling for him and he just wants to get back to dominating again.
[Reply]
Page 3948 of 4894
« First < 2948344838483898393839443945394639473948 39493950395139523958399840484448 > Last »
Up