ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 95
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
DaFace 11:12 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Why, so we can put the best PP in the league on the ice?

Not the time for retaliation in a 1-0 game you're leading, and in a 1-1 tied series. Retaliation only hurts STL more there. Guys were smart, and I have no doubt it will get handled at some point - just like it did *checks notes* when this happened a year ago.
That doesn't answer my question. Was it illegal? Should it have been a penalty? A suspension? Or are you just mad and want everyone to know you're mad?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:16 AM 05-23-2022
Also, I think running Binnington in back to back games was going to elicit a response regardless of the player. Pretty obvious what the gameplan is/was.

The fact that it was a shitstain like Kadri definitely isn't helping - but people would still be pissed that it was open season on Binnington for two games regardless of who knocked him out of the series.

There's not another player on either team that would be missed more than 50. Guy was back in 2019 form.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:25 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That doesn't answer my question. Was it illegal? Should it have been a penalty? A suspension? Or are you just mad and want everyone to know you're mad?
It was illegal, per the rules he's still expected to be in control of his body and not make contact with a goalie in the paint. Which is why, as DJ mentioned, this doesn't happen 10 times a game.

A suspension? With his history, and the fact they ran Binnington the game before, yeah - probably should have gotten a game to send a message and keep the series from getting even more chippy - but whatever.

Does anyone doubt that had a goal been scored on that play, that he would have been penalized and the goal dis-allowed?
[Reply]
DaFace 11:28 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Does anyone doubt that had a goal been scored on that play, that he would have been penalized and the goal dis-allowed?
Well, yeah. His stick is inches from tipping the puck before the contact happens. They don't call goaltender interference for running into a goalie after the puck is in the net. Roughing, maybe, but that wouldn't have negated the goal.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 05-23-2022

So where do you actually stand on this? Do you think the play was illegal? Should he have been suspended (and, if so, on what grounds)? Or do you just generally think he plays too hard even if he doesn't intentionally try to cause injury?

If it's the latter, I don't entirely disagree with that. I just disagree that the play was illegal, and I certainly disagree with the fact that he's having to have police security in his hotel because of threats against him.
I do think it was deserving of the 5-minute major for goalie interference. I think he clearly initiated the contact, I think it was by design and I think he made no effort to avoid contact.

That's textbook.

Do I think he should be suspended? Maybe, maybe not. In a vacuum - no. A 5 minute major is sufficient. But the NHLDPS (which we will all admit is a damn joke) has made clear their willingness to consider past conduct in an attempt to prevent future incidents involving the same player. Kadri has previously been suspended for blasting a goalie while playing a puck. A suspension that, at the time, they acknowledged probably didn't involve intent to injure but a clear reckless streak and a total lack of give a fuck as to whether the player was injured.

Kadri has been doing this crap for years. And with that in mind, I really wouldn't have had a problem with a 2-3 game suspension due to prior bad conduct.

As I've said before, dirty players know how to be dirty in a way that isn't blatant. They spend their careers perfecting it. And when they go just a little over the line, its when shit like this happens. I think Kadri, being a dirty player, absolutely intended to get into Binnington's lap. Do I think he tried to hurt him? No, but I don't think he was intending to hurt Frazer or any of the other slew of guys he's knocked out with this borderline horseshit. It's just a guy who doesn't care if he DOES hurt someone. He doesn't play hard - he plays dirty. There's a difference.

If it's McKinnon or Landeskog, I still think a 2 minute is warranted and no suspension. Because I wouldn't infer intent. But I've seen Kadri 'make a hockey play' too many times to believe for one second that the guy suddenly forgot how to skate and oopsed his way through the damn goal mouth.

Put 100 NHL players in that exact same situation and tell me how many of them you think run the goalie? I'd say maybe 3-5. And only because there are 3-5 equally dirty players in this league. That wasn't a hockey play. It was a Kadri play.

But in the end, I mostly agree with you - when the NHL won't step in, it's on the players to do so. And they need to. Loudly and clearly. And if that costs him the rest of his season, I would consider that a proportionate response. He has too many of these 'accidents' and whether it by design or sheer recklessness, he needs to be dissuaded from such events going forward.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:31 AM 05-23-2022

Hearing there will be no supplemental discipline coming for Milan Lucic.

— Emily Kaplan (@emilymkaplan) May 23, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:36 AM 05-23-2022
Well, yeah. His stick is inches from tipping the puck before the contact happens. They don't call goaltender interference for running into a goalie after the puck is in the net. Roughing, maybe, but that wouldn't have negated the goal.
Great.

Try to block a punt, miss it, blast the punter and then tell your coach "Hey, I almost got it!" as they're driving the ball down the field.

I'm sure he'll be real accommodating.

His stick was inches from tipping it because Rosen had established position with enough room to come to a stop 3 feet away from the crease. What in the actual fuck makes Kadri's continued effort there some sort of get out of jail free card? He didn't have the position to make the play and that's WHY this is all garbage hockey.

It's a dipshit pinball being a dipshit pinball. Except that this isn't a Mike Ricci sort where you question if he had the actual skill to avoid that collision. Kadri absolutely does. But he's a dirty POS player and so things like this 'just happen' when he's involved with fair frequency.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:40 AM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Great.

Try to block a punt, miss it, blast the punter and then tell your coach "Hey, I almost got it!" as they're driving the ball down the field.

I'm sure he'll be real accommodating.
I get where you're coming from, but your issue here appears to be with the NHL's rules. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 05-23-2022
I get where you're coming from, but your issue here appears to be with the NHL's rules. :-)
Is there any question as to whether or not I believe the NHL DPS has erratic and inconsistent standards of review?

Or that the officiating can be questionable on their best days? And as for the lack of a whistle - that one I can even understand. Look - that WAS a bang/bang play. And if you're not in an absolutely perfect position to see it, that's going to look like two guys running into each other.

I simply don't think further review supports that. The angles don't match up, the timing doesn't match up. Nothing about that play should've happened in a reasonable 'hockey play'. There ARE rules to specifically address this play. The critical elements of it were (perhaps understandably) missed in real time. And the Department of Player Safety (all too predictably) doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with it in hindsight.

But again, the NHL seemingly throws darts to determine if/when/how they will be meting out supplemental discipline so it is what it is. And since they won't - the Blues should.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:15 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You either haven't even watched the replays or you're just trolling at this point... Rosen obviously makes quite a bit of contact with Binnington first (along with Kadri's arm that's across Rosen going after the puck) and Kadri obviously changes direction because he bounced off Rosen as he's clearly in no position to immediately change direction with his body.

You can say he recklessly crashed the net (and into Rosen) or whatever, but the rest is easy to see on replays, one that even has arrows.

As pointed out, there are about a thousand comments from fans across the NHL saying it was a clean play, including most Blues fans... but, have fun with that, I guess.
What a clueless piece of garbage take. Clear dirty play and of course a bandwagon avs fan defends it
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:17 PM 05-23-2022
It was a garbage play. Admit it and move on that your frauds benefit to avoid another choke job that happens without the play happening. Admit it and we'll move on.
[Reply]
Monticore 12:19 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Is there any question as to whether or not I believe the NHL DPS has erratic and inconsistent standards of review?

Or that the officiating can be questionable on their best days? And as for the lack of a whistle - that one I can even understand. Look - that WAS a bang/bang play. And if you're not in an absolutely perfect position to see it, that's going to look like two guys running into each other.

I simply don't think further review supports that. The angles don't match up, the timing doesn't match up. Nothing about that play should've happened in a reasonable 'hockey play'. There ARE rules to specifically address this play. The critical elements of it were (perhaps understandably) missed in real time. And the Department of Player Safety (all too predictably) doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with it in hindsight.

But again, the NHL seemingly throws darts to determine if/when/how they will be meting out supplemental discipline so it is what it is. And since they won't - the Blues should.
Getting back at Kadri won’t stop him, run him, spear him fight him whatever isn’t going to change his game he is a moron, take a run at at McKinnon and tell him Kadri sent you , thank Kadri for this etc.. make sure they know you are coming act McKinnon because of Kadri and maybe someday his own teammates will tell him to calm down but I doubt it .
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:38 PM 05-23-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Getting back at Kadri won’t stop him, run him, spear him fight him whatever isn’t going to change his game he is a moron, take a run at at McKinnon and tell him Kadri sent you , thank Kadri for this etc.. make sure they know you are coming act McKinnon because of Kadri and maybe someday his own teammates will tell him to calm down but I doubt it .
I've never been fond of that approach.

I don't wanna see McKinnon hurt. I like the guy. I like many of the Avs, in fact. And I've always kinda felt that the need for enforcers and the like would diminish a great deal if you DIDN'T have guys who existed solely for the purpose of protecting the superstars who have nothing to do with that crap.

So you'd have more talent on the ice and fewer goons.

Go to the source. Beat the shit out of Kadri. Will it change him? Eh, maybe not. But in time he'll start to play tentatively. He'll jake that puck into the corner because he KNOWS that if he heads down there, someones gonna finish their check and next time it may not be Girard that ends up in the ER.

And the big key is that this cannot be forgotten. Ever. He's done it twice now and so for as long as you ever see him on the other side of the ice you need to remind him that you haven't forgotten about it. And you need to make his life hell.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:05 PM 05-23-2022
Good to see Sammy G is able to be around the team at least.

Sam is here, cheering on the squad ❤️��#GoAvsGo pic.twitter.com/wXjglsTFBH

— Colorado Avalanche (@Avalanche) May 23, 2022

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:07 PM 05-23-2022
That can't be comfortable - I'm guessing like broken ribs, not much you can do for it.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 95
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up