ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 155 of 190
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Playoffs Thread****
KC_Connection 10:11 AM 08-28-2020
Have been banned from the other thread by an apparently sensitive snowflake (ironically after dozens of pages of political discussion from others) so I'll stick my thoughts on the NBA Playoffs here from now on. We needed a new thread anyway.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:18 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
If David Stern didn't turn out to be a gigantic piece of shit the Suns would have beat San Antonio and certainly Cleveland several years back. Absolutely robbed. Horry throws Nash into the scorer's table and Stoudemire and Diaw suspended for the next game (at home) for stepping on the court despite DeAntony showing several Spurs players stepping on the court after a hard foul earlier in the series. I don't remember anyone calling the Spurs frauds for taking the WC finals.
I remember that. Was that 2005 or 2007? If 2005, they still have to play a tough Pistons team. No guarantee they beat Detroit. In fact, I'd pick Detroit.

If 2007, Phoenix likely also sweeps the Cavaliers. I agree. That Cleveland team was garbage and Lebron.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:04 PM 07-07-2021
Bucks should fire Budenholzer even if they end up winning this Championship. Dude sabotaged his team last night with that abysmal defense.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:36 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
If David Stern didn't turn out to be a gigantic piece of shit the Suns would have beat San Antonio and certainly Cleveland several years back. Absolutely robbed. Horry throws Nash into the scorer's table and Stoudemire and Diaw suspended for the next game (at home) for stepping on the court despite DeAntony showing several Spurs players stepping on the court after a hard foul earlier in the series. I don't remember anyone calling the Spurs frauds for taking the WC finals.
That still pisses me off all these years later. That was one if the biggest horseshit suspensions in the history of sports.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:49 PM 07-07-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
That still pisses me off all these years later. That was one if the biggest horseshit suspensions in the history of sports.
I’m not even a Suns fan and I hated that bullshit
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:20 PM 07-07-2021
The injury riddled Bucks got back to practice today.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Coogs 07:51 AM 07-08-2021
Officiating/Rules Question.

I have not watched much NBA for the past couple of years. Kind of getting back into it. A play happened in the second half where Booker curled around the left elbow area and went up for a jump shot. As he did this, his right leg went out in front. Whoever was on the defense ran into Booker's leg. And Booker was called for the foul.

Is this a new rule?

I realize this used to be a foul on the defense. And I know they are trying to clean up "flopping".

But damn! A foul on the offense? Wouldn't a no call be better in that situation? If you want/need to stick out your leg on a shot and it gets ran into, play on. No and one. No offensive foul. Just play on.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:03 AM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:

I have not watched much NBA for the past couple of years. Kind of getting back into it. A play happened in the second half where Booker curled around the left elbow area and went up for a jump shot. As he did this, his right leg went out in front. Whoever was on the defense ran into Booker's leg. And Booker was called for the foul.

Is this a new rule?

I realize this used to be a foul on the defense. And I know they are trying to clean up "flopping".

But damn! A foul on the offense? Wouldn't a no call be better in that situation? If you want/need to stick out your leg on a shot and it gets ran into, play on. No and one. No offensive foul. Just play on.
Yes it is a foul. Think it was based on Reggie Miller doing that.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:41 AM 07-08-2021

Is this a new rule?

Absolutely great call, and they don't call stuff like that enough. James Harden routinely does shit like this and gets away with it.

IMO - they need to call flopping penalties retroactively. Have crews that examine calls and either fine or suspend players for flopping. Otherwise officials aren't good enough to not call fouls when they see flailing bodies.

They also need to stop this calling a foul differently on the 3point line compared to burly guys in the paint. There is an epidemic of 3point shooters kicking their legs out, "breaking their legs" as they come back down, and flopping and getting bullshit calls. 20 years ago NOBODY got those calls. Then a guy like LeBron who isn't a shooter gets routinely pummeled in the paint but since he's a big dude, they don't call it.
[Reply]
fan4ever 10:11 AM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Absolutely great call, and they don't call stuff like that enough. James Harden routinely does shit like this and gets away with it.

IMO - they need to call flopping penalties retroactively. Have crews that examine calls and either fine or suspend players for flopping. Otherwise officials aren't good enough to not call fouls when they see flailing bodies.

They also need to stop this calling a foul differently on the 3point line compared to burly guys in the paint. There is an epidemic of 3point shooters kicking their legs out, "breaking their legs" as they come back down, and flopping and getting bullshit calls. 20 years ago NOBODY got those calls. Then a guy like LeBron who isn't a shooter gets routinely pummeled in the paint but since he's a big dude, they don't call it.
Flopping has really negatively impacted the NBA. It basically started when European players and the like started playing in the league (most having played/watched soccer where it's epidemic). Should be a technical foul because it's cheating. I don't mind when a player over reacts to physicality, like being shoved out of the way by a player's arm whose being too aggressive so the refs can see it, but the make believe contact is bull crap and should result in some sort of penalty. The league will be better off when they address this more seriously.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:57 AM 07-08-2021
I always get a little satisfaction out of some clown flailing into a defender, putting up some shit shot, missing, and not getting the call.

I agree about the 3 point line... some of the stuff that goes on to draw fouls is ridiculous. They need to have the balls to call that shit on the offense.
[Reply]
eDave 11:39 AM 07-08-2021
I was not in a position to watch the game. I see Buenholzer is calling out a disparity in calls. Was the officiating lopsided?
[Reply]
Coogs 12:31 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yes it is a foul. Think it was based on Reggie Miller doing that.
So if you leg is out now on a shot, and a guy runs into it, it's a foul on the offense. Learn something new everyday.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:29 PM 07-08-2021
So if you leg is out now on a shot, and a guy runs into it, it's a foul on the offense. Learn something new everyday.
Well I would say with NBA refs it depends on the shooter lol. Some get away with it and others don't.
[Reply]
fan4ever 01:59 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I always get a little satisfaction out of some clown flailing into a defender, putting up some shit shot, missing, and not getting the call.

I agree about the 3 point line... some of the stuff that goes on to draw fouls is ridiculous. They need to have the balls to call that shit on the offense.
It used to be if you went straight up into the air as a defender it wasn't a foul if the shooter leaned into you...now it is. They want scoring...just like practically every other sport nowadays.
[Reply]
fan4ever 02:04 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I was not in a position to watch the game. I see Buenholzer is calling out a disparity in calls. Was the officiating lopsided?
Suns went to the line way more than the Bucks but then again the Suns took the ball to the bucket a lot more (3 point shooting was fairly dismal). Suns are also a excellent defensive team so maybe a cleaner D? Clippers went to the foul line more than the Suns so who's to say.

In all truthfulness if I were a Bucks fan I wouldn't be happy with the disparity in game 1.

Tonight I expect the Bucks to go to the basket a lot more to try and get Anton into foul trouble since our backup center is out for the remainder.
[Reply]
Page 155 of 190
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165 > Last »
Up