Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
-King- 11:14 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
So you think the Steelers coaches graded #41 as poor on that play for not defending against a potential cutback?

Do you think the Steelers coaches graded #35 as poor on that play?

CEH would not get a negative grade on that play by the Chiefs coaches.

That clip is not an example of a bad play by a RB.

Did this dumbass Nick Jacobs ever play or coach football at any level?

My apologies for trying to help people who do not know shit about NFL football.

I suppose these CEH complaint threads will be stuck on front page while he is injured, then when he is back in, he will have good games and the threads will drop off the front page.
Wow. You really do think going to the area with 8 players is better than the one with 1.

Put it like this, if you're a RB or WR and you don't absolutely salivate at the thought of being 1 on 1 in the open field, you might not belong in the NFL.

41 would still be searching for his jock if it was Jamaal Charles at RB. He'd be a pile of dust if it was Kareem at RB. But with CEH, he's apparently the best open field tackler ever and shouldn't be tested.
[Reply]
jettio 11:16 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wait so CEH being unwilling to go 1 on 1 in the open field is a good thing in your eyes? That's a unique perspective.
So what did the coaches tell him were his reads and keys on that play?

I doubt he would be able to see that #41 had kept himself just outside of Thuney's left shoulder on that play.

Have you ever been a RB running the ball on a run play zone blocked with 22 players on the field at any level?

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:16 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Imagine if we took Taylor instead....
It's the most damning part of the CEH selection which is the talent was clearly available but the Chiefs chose wrong
[Reply]
jettio 11:19 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wow. You really do think going to the area with 8 players is better than the one with 1.

Put it like this, if you're a RB or WR and you don't absolutely salivate at the thought of being 1 on 1 in the open field, you might not belong in the NFL.

41 would still be searching for his jock if it was Jamaal Charles at RB. He'd be a pile of dust if it was Kareem at RB. But with CEH, he's apparently the best open field tackler ever and shouldn't be tested.

I watched Chiefs games with Jamaal Charles and Kareem Hunt and not every rushing attempt was a TD.

Anybody focusing on that clip as an example of 10 offensive players executing a perfect play and the RB being the only one who did not execute this perfect play just does not know one fucking thing about NFL football.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:23 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
That's irritating as hell. I will say I'm not confident if Clyde does cut back that Spillane 41 wouldn't have upended him for just a couple of yards.

I was thinking that myself. Even if he cuts back there, Spillane probably stops him for a short gain.

CEH works better in a scrum than he does in the open field. Not that he’s particularly great in either case, but..
[Reply]
jettio 11:39 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It's the most damning part of the CEH selection which is the talent was clearly available but the Chiefs chose wrong
Yeah, the team that picked 32nd paid the price and went right back to the Super Bowl the next year and the Chiefs player who had one of the best games that day was the player you are complaining about having 11 touches and 87 yards.

And now Chiefs are currently #1 in the AFC playoff standings.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:52 AM 12-31-2021
Yeah, the team that picked 32nd paid the price and went right back to the Super Bowl the next year and the Chiefs player who had one of the best games that day was the player you are complaining about having 11 touches and 87 yards.

And now Chiefs are currently #1 in the AFC playoff standings.
Considering we seem to get similar production at running back out of UFA’s, then the Chiefs probably shouldn’t be taking running backs in the first round at all. Our offensive scheme’s success apparently isn’t too dependent on having prime talent at the position.

I won’t argue that we should’ve taken Taylor, but Tee Higgins or maybe Chase Claypool would’ve filled a bigger need that we haven’t been able to fill with UFAs. We allowed Watkins’s terrific postseason to distract us from what he always was for us: inconsistent and often injured.
[Reply]
scho63 11:56 AM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
I had huge expectations of CEH watching him in college.

He disappointed me.

He earned a little enthusiasm back from me after making some decent plays over the last few weeks, but my god there is no way you can defend his decision on that play.

He is average. Nothing special. Use him up and move on.
This guy gets it. :-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:08 PM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Considering we seem to get similar production at running back out of UFA’s, then the Chiefs probably shouldn’t be taking running backs in the first round at all. Our offensive scheme’s success apparently isn’t too dependent on having prime talent at the position.

I won’t argue that we should’ve taken Taylor, but Tee Higgins or maybe Chase Claypool would’ve filled a bigger need that we haven’t been able to fill with UFAs. We allowed Watkins’s terrific postseason to distract us from what he always was for us: inconsistent and often injured.
More Toys for Pat. Period. Get it done Bert!
[Reply]
notorious 12:12 PM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
More Toys for Pat. Period. Get it done Bert!
That's the great thing, this team doesn't have holes anymore.

Remember when the Oline had glaring weaknesses, our DB's were mediocre, and the LB core was a joke?

NO MORE.

And yes, CEH is good enough to fill his role. We can do better, but he's good enough.

WR is a want, and Taco Wal....errr......Byron Pringle makes a case for #2 more and more every day.
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:23 PM 12-31-2021

Remember when the Oline had glaring weaknesses, our DB's were mediocre, and the LB core was a joke?

NO MORE.

And yes, CEH is good enough to fill his role. We can do better, but he's good enough.

WR is a want, and Taco Wal....errr......Byron Pringle makes a case for #2 more and more every day.
Yes Sir! I think Bert goes hunting for a legit #2 WR in free agency, and will probably draft another RB in later rounds if there's a guy with some upside. CEH will get another season to show if he can be productive enough to hold down the primary RB spot. I have my doubts, but he'll get the shot.
[Reply]
jettio 12:44 PM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Seems like once you have your team, you have your team.

Maybe some folks watched more Disney movies and less football as a kid, but it does not matter how many stars you wish upon, the NFL is not going to find a time machine so that Chiefs could draft someone else at 2020 NFL draft Rd. 1 pick 32.

Chiefs would prefer not to redo recent drafts because they would not get Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Jones, Sneed, etc. where they got them.

I guess it does point out why CEH and Mecole Hardman get more criticism and less appreciation than they deserve.

People that wish upon stars for redrafts that are never going to happen tend to judge players like CEH and Mecole Hardman with warped perspectives and give no credit for good work and hypercriticize any mistakes.

Hardman and CEH, might be contributors that can be given second contracts at reasonable prices and that makes keeping nearly all of your best players more possible.

I guess there will always be these science fiction threads pondering parallel universes and shit.

Considering that Damien Williams was a COVID opt-out of the 2020 season because of his mother's cancer treatment, CEH was a better pick for the Chiefs than any WR you like, who may have attitudes that do not fit in with the Chiefs culture.

I would rather have CEH drawing a silly taunting penalty for pointing while scoring a TD in a game the Chiefs win than have a Chase Claypool kill seconds off the clock falling over himself celebrating a 1st down during a 2-minute drill in a game his team loses.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:55 PM 12-31-2021
I watched Chiefs games with Jamaal Charles and Kareem Hunt and not every rushing attempt was a TD.

Anybody focusing on that clip as an example of 10 offensive players executing a perfect play and the RB being the only one who did not execute this perfect play just does not know one ****ing thing about NFL football.
Go ahead and link your coaching credentials before embarrassing yourself with any more message board chest pounding.

Until then, shut the fuck up.
[Reply]
-King- 01:05 PM 12-31-2021

NO MORE.

Pringle is 28 and this is his first season with over 200 yards....he's not the #2 in the future. Really solid 3 though.
[Reply]
jettio 01:09 PM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Go ahead and link your coaching credentials before embarrassing yourself with any more message board chest pounding.

Until then, shut the **** up.
It is always funny to see the dim-witted rally around one another and stick green thumbs up one another’s asses.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 80
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379 > Last »
Up