Cool thread, would read again.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:39 PM 08-01-2021
Who's that Donk on the right??
[Reply]
petegz28 04:40 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Cool thread, would read again.
God if we could only get the kind of pass rush we had with those two while Mahomes is our QB ......my God we would rape face
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:41 PM 08-01-2021
Neil Smith's arms are longer than a Steve Bono run. Bronco or not, you have to admit that he was a physical freak.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:41 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Who's that Donk on the right??
Hey, we let him go. Just like Booker. And I said the day we let Booker go we would pay. We still haven't had a presence in the middle like him since we let him walk to the Donks. Though Nadi is making waves.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:47 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Hey, we let him go. Just like Booker. And I said the day we let Booker go we would pay. We still haven't had a presence in the middle like him since we let him walk to the Donks. Though Nadi is making waves.
I think you mean Traylor? Neilbonics told the Donks he was happy "To be Playing with the Good Guys", knocked us out of the playoffs twice and mocked our fans in Arrowhead.

Screw him.
Attached: donkeysmith.jpg (55.6 KB) 
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:48 PM 08-01-2021
Chris Jones? Dontari Poe?
[Reply]
petegz28 04:48 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I think you mean Traylor? Neilbonics told the Donks he was happy "To be Playing with the Good Guys", knocked us out of the playoffs twice and mocked our fans in Arrowhead.

Screw him.
Yes, my bad, Keith Traylor.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:49 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Chris Jones? Dontari Poe?
Neither have been what Traylor was. Poe could have been good had we not ran him into the ground.

Jones takes himself out of too many plays, particularly running plays.

Truth be told, as much as I like Jones, I would not have re-signed him. Especially for what we paid him.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:58 PM 08-01-2021
Neither have been what Traylor was. Poe could have been good had we not ran him into the ground.

Jones takes himself out of too many plays, particularly running plays.

Truth be told, as much as I like Jones, I would not have re-signed him. Especially for what we paid him.
I couldn’t disagree more. Poe was a beast at occupying blockers and provided enough pass rush from the nose tackle position to be effective. Jones is the perfect DT for today’s game with its emphasis on the passing game. Traylor was an anchor in the middle, but he wasn’t much of a pass rush threat. He was basically Tony Siragusa who is a player I wouldn’t have traded Poe or Jones for.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:02 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
I couldn’t disagree more. Poe was a beast at occupying blockers and provided enough pass rush from the nose tackle position to be effective. Jones is the perfect DT for today’s game with its emphasis on the passing game. Traylor was an anchor in the middle, but he wasn’t much of a pass rush threat. He was basically Tony Siragusa who is a player I wouldn’t have traded Poe or Jones for.
The middle requires a run stuffer. We get gashed like crazy up the middle in the run game. Stopping that comes first. Jones is great at the pass rush but he takes himself out of too many running plays.
[Reply]
notorious 05:10 PM 08-01-2021
Traylor was the guy that killed us damnit.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 05:12 PM 08-01-2021
The middle requires a run stuffer. We get gashed like crazy up the middle in the run game. Stopping that comes first. Jones is great at the pass rush but he takes himself out of too many running plays.
We will have to agree to disagree on this. The linebacker play during Jones’ career has played a major role in how bad the run defense has been. I don’t think Traylor in his prime would make that much of a difference in the run defense the last few years, but he would have been a huge negative in the pass rush.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:26 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Neil Smith's arms are longer than a Steve Bono run. Bronco or not, you have to admit that he was a physical freak.

[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up