ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Media Center>Slipknot
ModSocks 10:27 AM 07-02-2021
Fuck it, we got a Tool thread.

Here's a thread dedicated to Slipknot (Stone Sour is cool too) and my favorite front man of the current era (and maybe of all time), Corey Taylor.

When you sit back and really look at their catalog, goddamn they're awesome.

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:31 AM 07-02-2021
Not a fan but there's some more to the story I'm not going to get into here. It's pretty much sour grapes anyway.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:34 AM 07-02-2021

Fun Fact: This song is actually about a migraine, and IIRC the music video is inspired by some fans that broke into Corey's house. The video was actually filmed at a fan's house, and the band had to pay about $50K in damages to the house after filming was done, as the fans on set pretty much trashed the place.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:34 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not a fan but there's some more to the story I'm not going to get into here. It's pretty much sour grapes anyway.
Well you can't bring it up and not say it! Speak!
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:37 AM 07-02-2021
Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long long time - obi wan gif
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:39 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Now that’s a name I haven’t heard in a long long time - obi wan gif
Suppose to be dropping a new album this year.

[Reply]

htismaqe 10:49 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well you can't bring it up and not say it! Speak!
Long story short, them getting discovered destroyed any tolerance the music scene here had for variety. Tons of good bands died when Slipknot got signed because the entire scene shifted towards trying to be the next Slipknot.

Plus I worked with a spouse of one of the early band members and knew a couple of them casually.
[Reply]
eDave 10:53 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Fun Fact: This song is actually about a migraine, and IIRC the music video is inspired by some fans that broke into Corey's house. The video was actually filmed at a fan's house, and the band had to pay about $50K in damages to the house after filming was done, as the fans on set pretty much trashed the place.
This is one of my favorite driving songs.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:24 AM 07-02-2021
MOAR SLIPKNOT

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:25 AM 07-02-2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:26 AM 07-02-2021
I still remember when my young 15 year old ears first heard this

[Reply]
ModSocks 11:27 AM 07-02-2021
One of my favorites...

Who am i kidding, they're all one of my favorites!
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:32 AM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Long story short, them getting discovered destroyed any tolerance the music scene here had for variety. Tons of good bands died when Slipknot got signed because the entire scene shifted towards trying to be the next Slipknot.

Plus I worked with a spouse of one of the early band members and knew a couple of them casually.
oooh that's right, you're an Iowa guy right? Makes sense.
[Reply]
Sofa King 11:46 AM 07-02-2021
Saw them live in Sioux Falls, it was pretty good. Korn stole the show though, holy fuck were they good. It was an absolute blast watching them.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:01 PM 07-02-2021
I was thinking of some of my old heavy metal days, Deftones - Korn - Otep - System of the Down - good times
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up