ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
Thought this was a good place to put this stuff.

Eric Stokes CB Georgia. 6’1” and has excellent speed

#Georgia CB Eric Stokes just ran a 4.25 (Unofficially)
If accurate it would be the 3rd fastest 40 yd dash time ever💨

Below is a video (no sound)#NFL #NFLDraft #NFLCombine #HOACombine pic.twitter.com/6lnPdaeIad

— Gridiron Drive 🏈 (@GridironDrives) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:28 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh stop with the fucking hyperbole. This team trotted out Cam Erving at LT for several games and other than the fat fuck unluckily stepping on his ankle, it wasn’t ever that bad.

If they had Okung, Niang, Tega-Wanogho, and D’Ante Smith they’d be just fine. Worst case scenario you don’t like what you see from the young guys in TC and you start making plans to sign Fisher.

That’s a lot of young talent though, I feel confident that somebody can at least be a serviceable backup to Okung for a year.
It's just pure panic.

Going into the draft think we HAVE to get a LT and the only place to get one is in the top 2/3 of the 1st round is essentially walking into the draft room blind and bound. It's completely reckless.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:39 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh stop with the fucking hyperbole. This team trotted out Cam Erving at LT for several games and other than the fat fuck unluckily stepping on his ankle, it wasn’t ever THAT bad.

If they had Okung, Niang, Tega-Wanogho, and D’Ante Smith they’d be just fine. Worst case scenario you don’t like what you see from the young guys in TC and you start making plans to sign Fisher.

That’s a lot of young talent though, I feel confident that somebody can at least be a serviceable backup to Okung for a year.

That’s without even mentioning the fact that whoever is playing LT’s job will be a lot easier playing next to Thuney.

I really don’t think it’s as bad as you’re making it out to be, and I also don’t think a young guy that needs some development like Cosmi is going to come in and completely change that.
Hyperbole? That's ballsy given what you just put out here. Come on man, you have better than this.

Cam Erving was a fucking disaster at LT. He didn't get anyone killed, but it wasn't for an entire season so let's not act like he wouldn't have.
Did we sign Okung? Last I checked we didn't. If that does happen, I'd feel a little bit better about taking what the draft offered.
Tega-Wanogho has yet to prove he can make an NFL roster, much less be able to start at LT if asked to do so.
Niang has never played LT and there's no guarantee he can.
D'Ante Smith is likely a 4th round pick that doesn't have the feet to play LT in the NFL and there's little guarantee he'll handle the outside at all.

Of all the options you just put out there, sans actually signing Okung, I'd feel 100 times better thinking Remmers was going to be the starter at LT at least until I could see Niang try out LT.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:59 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Hyperbole? That's ballsy given what you just put out here. Come on man, you have better than this.

Cam Erving was a fucking disaster at LT. He didn't get anyone killed, but it wasn't for an entire season so let's not act like he wouldn't have.
Did we sign Okung? Last I checked we didn't. If that does happen, I'd feel a little bit better about taking what the draft offered.
Tega-Wanogho has yet to prove he can make an NFL roster, much less be able to start at LT if asked to do so.
Niang has never played LT and there's no guarantee he can.
D'Ante Smith is likely a 4th round pick that doesn't have the feet to play LT in the NFL and there's little guarantee he'll handle the outside at all.

Of all the options you just put out there, sans actually signing Okung, I'd feel 100 times better thinking Remmers was going to be the starter at LT at least until I could see Niang try out LT.
Nobody said they signed Okung, I was saying that’s what I would do so I wouldn’t have to force myself into a trade.

Obviously, if the Chiefs don’t add a veteran before the draft, they might just have to force the issue at LT. I just don’t see any way that they do. They’ll sign him or trade for somebody, I’m almost sure of it.

And I’m sorry, but I hink you’re way off on Smith. He’s easily a top 100 player and absolutely has the feet to play LT. Dude was every bit as impressive at Meinerz at the Senior Bowl before he got hurt. I guarantee he won’t be a 4th round pick.
[Reply]
Dante84 12:47 AM 03-24-2021
Sounds like a Veach wet dream

Alabama OT Alex Leatherwood:

6051, 312 pounds

85 3/8 inch wingspan (98th percentile)

4.96 40-yard dash (94th percentile)

34.5 inch vertical (98th percentile)

9'10 broad jump (99th percentile

— Marcus Mosher (@Marcus_Mosher) March 23, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 07:37 AM 03-24-2021
Putting your hopes in Okung with a developmental LT not ready for the field is what’s reckless.

Okung is not reliable. He IS going to get hurt. He’s Sammy Watkins at this point.

I don’t want a developmental LT like Hudson or Smith out there in the playoffs. I don’t trust that.

I want one of the best LT prospects out there.

And no we aren’t “putting ourselves in a reckless situation based on need”. We are currently in that situation bc we cut Fisher and missed out on Williams. That’s the reality of the situation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:38 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Putting your hopes in Okung with a developmental LT not ready for the field is what’s reckless.

Okung is not reliable. He IS going to get hurt. He’s Sammy Watkins at this point.

I don’t want a developmental LT like Hudson or Smith out there in the playoffs. I don’t trust that.

I want one of the best LT prospects out there.

And no we aren’t “putting ourselves in a reckless situation based on need”. We are currently in that situation bc we cut Fisher and missed out on Williams. That’s the reality of the situation.
It doesn't have to be Okung but it does have to be somebody.

Even with the best available LT prospect we can get, they're likely not starting day 1. There's 3 guys in this draft that are "sure things" and we're not getting one of them without trading up a good 20 spots. That's not going to happen.

And the current situation is a continuation of cutting both tackles and not signing Williams. That was a reckless move and will continue to be reckless until they sign a veteran stopgap before the draft.

If they go into the draft just like they are now, it's just a continuation of the reckless behavior that's happened so far, not a different work stream altogether.
[Reply]
RustShack 02:19 PM 03-24-2021
I could see Reid being interested in this speed in the backfield. Might have snuck into the last few rounds after this Pro Day though instead of going undrafted. A bit of an injury plagued career though. Backed up one of the best RB’s in the country between Montgomery(now with Bears) and Breece Hall. Great ST’s player too.

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:31 AM 03-25-2021

DE Jayson Owen timed at 4.37–4.40 per scouts at Penn State pro day.

LB Micah Parsons timed at 4.39, per same scouts.

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) March 25, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 03-25-2021, 09:31 AM
This message has been deleted by The Franchise.
htismaqe 09:38 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
No way. Oweh is fast but Parsons didn't run a sub 4.4.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:13 PM 03-25-2021
Saw this after the Penn St pro day. Holy shit is this guy gonna fall?

Micah Parsons in nutshell:

Pro:
•Nation’s top LB in 2019
•A+ athlete (4.39 40)

Con:
•Accused of punching/choking/pulling knife on teammate
•Accused of being ringleader in PSU hazing that “simulated sexual assault”, telling teammate: “I’ll make you a bitch bc this is prison”

— Thor Nystrom (@thorku) March 25, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:15 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Saw this after the Penn St pro day. Holy shit is this guy gonna fall?

Um, those kinds of allegations, if founded, don't cause him to fall. He won't be playing football next year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:16 PM 03-25-2021

Northern Iowa O-Tackle Spencer Brown best workout at position in my time following draft. Posted 3-Cone (6.96) & Short Shuttle (4.34) that would be solid for skilled positions at 6-8 1/2 311 with 34 3/4” Arms. A better workout than Kolton Miller.

Top 50 Pick.

— Chad Forbes (@NFLDraftBites) March 24, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Another guy to add to the list at 31 then. Won't be there at 63.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:59 PM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Do you guys want reality? Here, I'll bitch slap you in the face with it...

Teams that are in the LT sweepstakes...

The maybe's:
Carolina Panthers - Greg Little has played 2 seasons, started 3 games in each, ended up on IR both years.
Dallas Cowboys - Tyron Smith has had issues with injuries and just had neck surgery so who knows for sure.
Jacksonville Jaguars - Cam Robinson got the franchise tag, probably more due to insurance than anything as he sucks but who else would they get in free agency?
Minnesota Vikings - Do they plan to move Ezra Cleveland from G to T? Maybe, but if not they need a starter.
Washington Whatevers - It seems they are willing to give Geron Christion a chance, but he's suffered knee injuries in back-to-back years and is more of a RT than LT. They're closer to for sure than maybe, in my opinion.

The for sure's:
Indianapolis Colts - They signed Sam Tevi (blah) as insurance but need a starter.
Kansas City Chiefs - No starter, hell no depth.
Los Angeles Chargers - Also no starter and don't really have depth.
Pittsburgh Steelers - Okorafor steps in at RT but no starter or depth at LT.
New Orleans Saints - This is the last year for Terron Armstead. They could make him a June 1 cut and move on if they get a guy now. They may not go round 1 here, but they will at least go developmental here.

Teams that could be in the hunt at least for a RT and might steal a fringe LT:
Green Bay - Losing Wagner hurts and they have no plan behind him
Miami Dolphins - They might give Jackson and Hunt another year at LT and RT but we can't say 100% yet.
Tennessee Titans - Wilson was a huge bust and Lamm is nothing more than insurance. They may not look round 1 but RT will be on the radar.

And you want to think all of these tackles are going to fall? Not a chance.
Carolina Panthers - Maybe, but I think they're targeting a QB.
Dallas Cowboys - I think they're locked in on Surtain if he's on the board.
Jacksonville Jaguars - Maybe. Of course they aren't going LT at 1. Not sure they go LT later. They have a ton of holes and Robinson is 'ok'
Minnesota Vikings - No. Reiff was cut because Cleveland is going to be the LT and is cheaper.
WFT - Yeah they will be in the market.

Green Bay - Not too concerned. They needed direly to get Aaron weapons last year and drafted his replacement.
Miami Dolphins - They will likely take Sewell, but nbd.
Tennessee Titans - Would be surprised if they don't go WR or CB.

Indianapolis Colts - Yes.
Kansas City Chiefs - Yes.
Los Angeles Chargers - Yes.
Pittsburgh Steelers - I think they sign what's his fuck back for a bargain rate.
New Orleans Saints - The Saints preparing for tomorrow? Doubtful.

I think the Chiefs are going to have options even if they stay at 31. Too much panic on CP.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:15 PM 03-25-2021
I saw something that said the Steelers haven’t taken a T in the 1st round in a REALLY long time.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 18
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up