ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Pro Day Updates
RunKC 01:29 PM 03-06-2021
Thought this was a good place to put this stuff.

Eric Stokes CB Georgia. 6’1” and has excellent speed

#Georgia CB Eric Stokes just ran a 4.25 (Unofficially)
If accurate it would be the 3rd fastest 40 yd dash time ever💨

Below is a video (no sound)#NFL #NFLDraft #NFLCombine #HOACombine pic.twitter.com/6lnPdaeIad

— Gridiron Drive 🏈 (@GridironDrives) March 5, 2021

[Reply]
Dante84 12:40 PM 03-23-2021
Veach fucking looooooves Broad Jumps, if I remember correctly
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:47 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Scary Terry in round 5 please
Or round 4 if that's what it takes.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:57 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Or round 4 if that's what it takes.
Yea I would be fine with that as well.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:39 PM 03-23-2021
Mizzou's pro day was yesterday:

The good: Tyree Gillespie (S) ran a 4.38. He is an average-sized safety but is versatile and fast. He also hits hard. Interesting 3-4 round guy.

The bad: Nick Bolton measured small (but with longer-arms) and ran a 4.6. He really is a guy who needs to play inside in the NFL and will struggle to match up with speed (RB) or size (TE) in coverage.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:06 PM 03-23-2021
Rondale Moore measured in at 5’7”? Damn what is it with these tiny receivers?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:38 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Rondale Moore measured in at 5’7”? Damn what is it with these tiny receivers?
Spread offenses in college....getting them into space is the thing now.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:07 PM 03-23-2021
There's also a reason many of these 2nd to 4th round names at tackle aren't 1st round players. They need time to develop and that's to say if they ever do develop into starters.

The Chiefs don't exactly have the luxury at this point to just wait around a couple of years for some of these guys to become decent players. They need a LT now. It was an entirely different thing before Eric Fisher got hurt, where you thought you had another year to get a guy and get him ready. Same goes for signing a solid FA.

Well, Fisher isn't here and the FA class is gone. You pretty well have an often injured guy in Okung that is available and little else.

KC either needs to pony up and trade for a starter, and that pool is slim, or they need to go into the draft and get one. Doing that means moving up and grabbing one and that's going to cost something of significance.

Moving up to say, 18, and grabbing Cosmi is going to cost you a 2nd and 4th at a minimum. Cosmi isn't lasting until 31. None of the guys that can step in and play this year are lasting until 31. Too many teams out there with needs at the position.

I don't like it as much as anybody else. I wish I were here pounding the table for Joe Tryon or Greg Newsome. Instead, I'm here championing for Veach to trade up for a left tackle. That's not exciting and I sure wish it weren't necessary, but I simply see absolutely no way around it. And to wait until 63, or even for a trade up in the 2nd is not only foolish but highly unlikely.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:17 PM 03-23-2021
No, foolish is forcing yourself into a trade up in the 1st.

There’s no guarantee that Cosmi would be ready to start day 1 at LT either. That’s why I think a vet like Okung is a must.

Okung at least buys Niang and a rookie some time.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:26 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't watch a lot of UNI football (because even here in Iowa they're not on TV a lot) but from reading his clippings, it seems the RT thing was more about his tape than anything else.

But with those measurables, he's going to be a LT in the NFL for someone.
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Spencer Brown is probably a RT in the NFL. Seen him play quite a bit.
:-)

Spencer Brown is very intriguing.... Also Terry won't be there in the 5th even though I thought he was a lot taller
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 PM 03-23-2021
With the way everyone is talking....there are going to be 12 OTs that go before pick 31.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:32 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
With the way everyone is talking....there are going to be 12 OTs that go before pick 31.
Exactly. I think people need to relax a little bit.

Sewell
Slater
Darrisaw
Vera-Tucker
Cosmi
Jenkins

Somebody is bound to slip further than people think.

There just aren’t that many teams in the top 15 that I see taking a T. I see 2-3 going before the 18th pick. I don’t think we have to trade up that far to get one.

Outside of the top 10 or so, there’s really no consensus nor telling what will happen. You might think there’s no way Cosmi or Jenkins fall into the 20’s but just looking at mock drafts and scenarios says differently.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:43 PM 03-23-2021
Daniel Jeremiah
Mel Kiper
Lance Zierlein

Just a few guys that don’t even have Cosmi going in the 1st round.

Now do I think that happens? No, I don’t think he gets passed 31, but the point is I don’t think he’s a lock to go top 20 either. Not without one of those other guys slipping more than we think.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:23 PM 03-23-2021
Exactly. I think people need to relax a little bit.

Sewell
Slater
Darrisaw
Vera-Tucker
Cosmi
Jenkins

Somebody is bound to slip further than people think.

There just aren’t that many teams in the top 15 that I see taking a T. I see 2-3 going before the 18th pick. I don’t think we have to trade up that far to get one.

Outside of the top 10 or so, there’s really no consensus nor telling what will happen. You might think there’s no way Cosmi or Jenkins fall into the 20’s but just looking at mock drafts and scenarios says differently.
Just helping out with the "not a LT" thing.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:24 PM 03-23-2021
Daniel Jeremiah
Mel Kiper
Lance Zierlein

Just a few guys that don’t even have Cosmi going in the 1st round.

Now do I think that happens? No, I don’t think he gets passed 31, but the point is I don’t think he’s a lock to go top 20 either. Not without one of those other guys slipping more than we think.
Some have had him going ahead of Darrisaw throughout the process.

He's definitely going round 1, not a doubt in my mind.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:27 PM 03-23-2021
No, foolish is forcing yourself into a trade up in the 1st.

There’s no guarantee that Cosmi would be ready to start day 1 at LT either. That’s why I think a vet like Okung is a must.

Okung at least buys Niang and a rookie some time.
Cosmi has a 1000 times chance of starting day 1 at LT over guys like Spencer Brown, Dillon Radunz, James Hudson, and so on that I've seen thrown around. Most of those guys, outside of Radunz, are consider 3rd to 4th round prospects for a reason. They are not starting day 1 or season 1. None of them. I'll eat that crow for sure if it happens.

If a LT that might be able to start day 1 falls to 31, it'll be Little because of the no football thing and he's going to have some serious rust to knock off.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up