ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:30 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I personally think they’d be willing to sacrifice half an inch for a guy that’s an extremely rare athlete at the position and put up 36 reps on the bench.

I guess we’ll see.

That's the bare minimum since 34 inch arm length is the average for NFL starters
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:47 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
After the top 3, I don't know how much separation there is from 4-10.
This is why I think there's a better than good chance they take a WR or CB at #31, then trade up in the 2nd for their OT of choice.

There's a very, very good chance that the Chiefs can draft a WR that will make an immediate impact at #31 but the OT's at that point are all similar in that none of them are "clean" prospects that will be ready to compete at the necessary level in Week 1.

I'd really hate to see them pass on Marshall or Batemen in favor of a tackle who needs serious development in order to be a competent starter.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:47 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That's the bare minimum since 34 inch arm length is the average for NFL starters
The point still stands.

I don’t think they’d go below 33”, but I don’t think a half inch, or even an inch, is that big of a deal when you’re talking about a guy with elite athleticism AND strength.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:50 PM 04-19-2021
The point still stands.

I don’t think they’d go below 33”, but I don’t think a half inch, or even an inch, is that big of a deal when you’re talking about a guy with elite athleticism AND strength.
Not everyone is an outlier
[Reply]
staylor26 01:52 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Not everyone is an outlier
Not everyone checks every other box like he does physically.

You’re talking about a guy with TE athleticism that put up 36 reps on the bench. He IS an outlier on paper.

The Chiefs aren’t just going to ignore that because of a half an inch. It doesn’t mean they won’t possibly like somebody like Leatherwood more who has the desired arm length too, but Cosmi is exactly what they’re looking outside of half an inch.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:54 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is why I think there's a better than good chance they take a WR or CB at #31, then trade up in the 2nd for their OT of choice.

There's a very, very good chance that the Chiefs can draft a WR that will make an immediate impact at #31 but the OT's at that point are all similar in that none of them are "clean" prospects that will be ready to compete at the necessary level in Week 1.

I'd really hate to see them pass on Marshall or Batemen in favor of a tackle who needs serious development in order to be a competent starter.
Yep. Marshall/Bateman in the first and Brown/Little/Forsythe in the 2nd.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. Marshall/Bateman in the first and Brown/Little/Forsythe in the 2nd.
As we get closer and closer, this is truly what I want.

I just don’t think the Chiefs go WR in the 1st when it’s all said and done. I hope I’m wrong though.

I will say this, I think the best chance of it happening is Bateman falling into our lap.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:58 PM 04-19-2021
As we get closer and closer, this is truly what I want.

I just don’t think the Chiefs go WR in the 1st when it’s all said and done. I hope I’m wrong though.

I will say this, I think the best chance of it happening is Bateman falling into our lap.
Yeah, I think the main reason they don’t go WR in the first is because this class is deep.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:00 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yeah, I think the main reason they don’t go WR in the first is because this class is deep.
And to be honest, I think you could say the same thing about corner class too. That’s another position that I don’t see us going that route unless somebody like Farley or Newsome falls into our lap.

That’s why I think we’re looking at OT or DE at 31.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:23 PM 04-19-2021

At this point it’s down to Veach’s top handful of players.

I really think you guys need to keep Asante Samuel Jr in mind. He is an ideal Spags chess piece and could start right away. He can play inside and outside. So much value to be had from that kid.

That’s assuming that DE is bare at 31, which I think is going to happen.

I could see receiver too, but ideally we trade down about 7-8 spots and get Dyami Brown, who I think would kill it in this offense.
[Reply]
O.city 03:08 PM 04-19-2021

It screams trade down to me if they can get someone to trade up.

They may be stuck though. If thats the case, just take the best player on your board and sort it out later.

Get a T in round 2 I guess.

I'd rather trade up for a LT, but I don't think it's feasible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:35 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I really think you guys need to keep Asante Samuel Jr in mind. He is an ideal Spags chess piece and could start right away. He can play inside and outside. So much value to be had from that kid.

I could see receiver too, but ideally we trade down about 7-8 spots and get Dyami Brown, who I think would kill it in this offense.
Yep.

I think we're going to see them go DB in the 1st with DE, WR, and OT being 2nd-4th in no particular order.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:37 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It screams trade down to me if they can get someone to trade up.

They may be stuck though. If thats the case, just take the best player on your board and sort it out later.

Get a T in round 2 I guess.

I'd rather trade up for a LT, but I don't think it's feasible.
Who do you want them to trade up for though?

I don't understand using picks like that when the only way to get a really top notch prospect is to give up a haul and the guys you're getting with a reasonable trade up aren't really that much better than the guys at 31.

This just isn't the right draft to trade up for a LT. Its kind of like 2013 and looking for a QB.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:57 PM 04-19-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I just don't see a scenario where EVERY DE, WR, and OT with a grade in the same range as the best available CB is gone. I don't see them spending their biggest draft capital on something that doesn't directly support Mahomes. Support your strengths.

I could see a trade back, maybe. But I think a trade up is more likely than standing pat and taking a DB.
[Reply]
Coogs 04:04 PM 04-19-2021
Just listened to Paul Alexander on Moving the Chains on my way home from work. Par Kirwan asked him what his top three things he looked for in all the criteria that is available for OT's.

#1 was arm length, and if arm length wasn't there, their recovery skills on tape needed to be there.
#2 was bench press. If they can't bench over 20 reps, it shows more about commitment than anything else.
#3 is the 40 time. If you can run at the size these guys are, you have to be athletic.

Paraphrasing a bit, as I was listening to the radio.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Up