ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 172
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
notorious 07:37 PM 08-01-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So upcoming season delayed until 2053?
Fyp
[Reply]
lcarus 09:53 PM 08-01-2021
So upcoming season delayed until 2023?
I joked a while back about Mike Ehrmantraut running around with his silenced pistol at age 90. Now it might actually be a reality.

[Reply]
mililo4cpa 04:31 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I joked a while back about Mike Ehrmantraut running around with his silenced pistol at age 90. Now it might actually be a reality.

What happens first: Season 6 of BCS or GMM Martin finishing the next Song of Ice and Fire book?
[Reply]
Ebolapox 05:46 PM 08-02-2021
Odenkirk still has a vision for bcs; grrm has no idea how to finish.
[Reply]
-King- 12:59 AM 08-03-2021
So upcoming season delayed until 2023?
The time between seasons is why I haven't even watched the last season of the show. I'm dreading having to rewatch past episodes just to catch up and refresh things in my mind.
[Reply]
Jamie 01:43 AM 08-03-2021
They may have to push it some, but I don't think it'd be another year. All the episodes are written and they were halfway through filming the season, so they'll probably be able to start back up as soon as Odenkirk gets cleared by his doctors. Which, if it was really a minor heart attack, shouldn't take more than a couple months.
[Reply]
B_Razz 09:05 AM 08-05-2021
Does anyone have a place where one can watch season 5? It's crazy that I can't find it anywhere unless I'm missing something
[Reply]
B_Razz 12:16 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by B_Razz:
Does anyone have a place where one can watch season 5? It's crazy that I can't find it anywhere unless I'm missing something
Nvm I found it.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:28 PM 08-05-2021
Is there an overarching plot to this show? I've only seen the first season.
[Reply]
B_Razz 12:43 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
It just shows Jimmy's transformation to Saul Goodman and also Gus Fring's operation and how the two intertwine. It is much slower than Breaking Bad but I really enjoy the writing, acting ,cinematography and music choices. The only thing that sucks is the actors look older when they should look younger but thats a minor complaint.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:12 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
It builds up the entire world that an underachieving high school teacher stumbled into and destroyed in Breaking Bad.

I may end up liking it over BB if it sticks the landing in S6. Jimmy (Saul) and Kim are much more fun to root for than Skyler and Walt. It also gives so much more screen time to Mike — and it always pays off.

It is a much slower build and a different show than Breaking Bad. Seasons 4-5 are really the first time it truly felt like a BB prequel. I’d put Season 5 of Saul up against any season of Breaking Bad.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 06:58 AM 08-06-2021
Yeah I can't wait to see what happens with Kim and of they finish it showing him in the current time where he is working cinnabon and alone.
[Reply]
notorious 07:02 AM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Odenkirk still has a vision for bcs; grrm has no idea how to finish.
You mean Vince Gilligan.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:50 PM 08-06-2021
Originally Posted by Ebolapox:
Gilligan/Gould*** still has a vision for bcs; grrm has no idea how to finish.
Yep. The waits have ALWAYS paid off because it's always a delay due to the writer's trying to deliver the best product possible.

We literally waited an extra year for Game of Thrones Season 8 so it wouldn't clash with the football season. Blah.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:06 PM 08-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It builds up the entire world that an underachieving high school teacher stumbled into and destroyed in Breaking Bad.
I'm in season two now and I forgot how much these shows were parallels. Morality really is the difference between need vs. greed. How fighting to survive turns into predatory behavior to thrive. You give yourself permission to do one immoral thing and you just keep doing it. The line keeps moving one small decision at a time...
[Reply]
Page 144 of 172
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154 > Last »
Up