ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Memories: The Hell Patrol
petegz28 04:30 PM 08-01-2021

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 02:16 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by TrebMaxx:
I would like to add that Dan Saleaumua needs to be in that picture.
What about Joe Phillips?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:05 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
More devastating than Carl's decision to draft Blackledge? I think not...
Blackledge was pre-Carl iirc
[Reply]
0372 03:57 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
The Chiefs offered Smith a nice contract and he wanted to test free agency. He didn't get an offer from anyone for as much as the Chiefs offered, so he came back and wanted to accept the original offer. The Chiefs told him they would match the best offer he got which was from the Broncos. He refused to play for the Chiefs unless they paid him more and signed a contract with Denver for less money than what the Chiefs had originally offered him.

Worse yet, he opened a restaurant in KC with his name on it. After what happened with him going to Denver and the crap he did in all that, why did he think the KC area would support his restaurant? Unsurprisingly, it went bankrupt.
Killed me seeing Neil in Denver. Kind of like a bad dream.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 04:27 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
IIRC, at the time it happened, it was not a bad call. Blackledge was a consensus good pick....
National champion. Sugar Bowl MVP.
[Reply]
TrebMaxx 04:38 PM 08-02-2021
Originally Posted by JudasRising20:
What about Joe Phillips?
For sure, he was nasty while he was in KC. That 92 D was pretty damn good. Too bad the offense was average to a bit less than average.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:39 AM 08-03-2021
Man FUCK Neil Smith! He actually came to J.C. Penny's here in BR for autograph signings - my wife gave me the news when I got home from work. Stoked and excited we hauled ass up there to wait in line and meet him. I had him sign a Chiefs mini helmet and a picture I had of him to frame later. Well guess what? That son of a bitch signed with the Donks that same year! :-)
I do still have the signed mini helmet and a football card signed by him though.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:39 AM 08-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Blackledge was pre-Carl iirc
Blackledge was drafted by a combination of Jack Steadman, Jim Schaaf and John Mackovic. They passed on Marino because they brought him to KC for a workout, and when a receiver would drop a pass or run the wrong route he would swear at them. They passed on him because the had a "potty mouth." Blackledge was a boy scout and a devout religious guy so they picked him instead. GMDM would approve!
[Reply]
KCTitus 01:53 PM 08-03-2021
you guys are no fun....I guess I'm going to have to give up the ghost on this one. The butthurt about Carl Peterson and has significantly waned over the years.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:11 PM 08-03-2021
He's a family rat. I turn my back on him.

[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up