Noah Fant

Broncos Receive:

Russell Wilson
4th Round Pick

— Allan Bell (@AllanBell247) March 8, 2022

[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 01:48 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
#ThePatonPlan was Aaron Rodgers . . . . . . remember?

I do, because you spent weeks telling us all about it and sharing tweets of every little thing you could find involving Rodgers. It was like a school girl crush.
"All warfare is based on deception."
- Sun Tzu - George Paton
Originally Posted by :
Denver acquiring Wilson has nothing to do with Aaron Rodgers' decision to return to Green Bay. Denver general manager George Paton initiated trade talks with Seattle for Wilson at least two weeks ago, per sources. But in recent days, as trade talks with Seattle heated up, it become clear that Wilson was the Broncos' Plan A. The Broncos and Packers have not discussed a Rodgers trade this offseason.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...denver-broncos
[Reply]
staylor26 01:48 PM 03-08-2022
:-)

Imagine believing that.

They haven’t discussed a trade because the Packers weren’t having it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:49 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
that is almost a Herschel walker type trade
it's pretty close
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:50 PM 03-08-2022
It's not close to the Herschel Walker trade at all. Fucking hell.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:51 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Good drafting? :-)

The Packers have repeatedly not given Rodgers any weapons outside of Davante Adams. You'd be screaming if Mahomes had Hill and they surrounded him with Demarcus Robinson type players every ****ing season.
They look like world beaters compared to the Seahawks. Go take a peak at the Seahawks drafting from 2016 to 2021.

They might be the worst in the league in that time frame
[Reply]
PHOG 01:51 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
- Sun Tzu - George Paton

[Reply]
BossChief 01:52 PM 03-08-2022
- Sun Tzu - George Paton
It was reported yesterday that Denver already had a contract for Aaron written up (as well as 2 other teams did, too) in place for if/when the trade was done with him.

Watch Denver give Russ a deal for a dollar more than Rodgers just got….
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:53 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They look like world beaters compared to the Seahawks. Go take a peak at the Seahawks drafting from 2016 to 2021.

They might be the worst in the league in that time frame
Okay? You said Rodgers had everything handed to him. He didn't. You can hate Rodgers...that's fine. I hate him as well.
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:53 PM 03-08-2022
Bert needs to get Mahomes two stud receivers in free agency and the draft and it won't matter what the teams in our division do.
Turn our offense into an unstoppable monster and there is nothing that can stop the Chiefs from winning their 7th straight division title and a trip to the SB.-
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:54 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Bert needs to get Mahomes two stud receivers in free agency and the draft and it won't matter what the teams in our division do.
Turn our offense into an unstoppable monster and there is nothing that can stop the Chiefs from winning their 7th straight division title and a trip to the SB.-
We currently have a problem with the defense that needs to be fixed.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:54 PM 03-08-2022
Multiple things can be true at once.

1. Russell Wilson is still a top 10 QB.

2. He’s not even close to Rodgers, who is arguably #1.

3. The Broncos got a lot better at QB.

4. The Broncos are going to have trouble building a championship team around him.

5. Wilson has fizzled out each of the last 2 seasons.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:55 PM 03-08-2022
- Sun Tzu - George Paton
Riiiiiiiiiiiiigggghhht.

The fact that this trade was announced within 30 minutes of Rodgers decision to return to Green Bay . . . . .

The fact that they hired GB's offensive coordinator, a guy who Rodgers reportedly absolutely loved to play for, to be their head coach.

The fact that league circles at the combine we're openly reporting Denver's love of Rodgers and that a trade proposal had been made to Green Bay.

I'm sure ALL of that is just misdirect and pure coincidence.

Even YOU'RE not that dumb, KnowMo.
[Reply]
KurtCobain 01:56 PM 03-08-2022
Broncos always get players I like. Fuck, no more rooting for Wilson. But, now I can finally root for Lock again.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:56 PM 03-08-2022
It'll be interesting to see this one plays out. I generally don't like to take hardline stances on trades because you never truly know who won/lost until the dust has settled.

That said, it seems like a decent move for the Broncos. They've lost 13 straight to a division rival and haven't even made the playoffs in 7 years. The franchise needed to put a stop to the bleeding, ASAP. Kind of like the Chiefs with Alex Smith, Wilson can be their bridge. He'll get in there and stabilize a floundering organization and probably even help them get to the playoffs. They still have Jeudy and Sutton, Williams in the backfield, a good defense and offensive line.

I'm really not sure what the Seahawks are doing, though. They just traded two 1sts for a box safety a couple years ago and now they turn around and let their franchise QB go for that plus a couple decent players. I suppose the idea is that they haven't been making the playoffs even with Russ lately so they might as well go all in on the rebuild..

I've always liked Wilson, though. I think, based on the last few years, he is probably about the 8-10th best QB in the league, but if he can get back to peak form I'd feel comfortable saying he'd be a top 5 QB even in today's league.

In either case, this addition makes the Broncos a more difficult matchup over the next couple years, which sucks for us in a division that was already pretty tough. Someone mentioned the Bills being the big winners in this trade and that couldn't be more true. They get to watch the AFC West and North beat up on each other while they have the inside track to the #1 seed.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:56 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Multiple things can be true at one.

1. Russell Wilson is still a top 10 QB.

2. He’s not even close to Rodgers, who is arguably #1.

3. The Broncos got a lot better at QB.

4. The Broncos are going to have trouble building a championship team around him.

5. Wilson has fizzled out each of the last 2 seasons.
It's an obvious statement but the Broncos need to get at least one championship out of this. They're now out of 4 cost controlled top 100 picks that would help out that team. And it's not like Wilson is 26-27. He could decline in the next couple of years.

Losing only Harris, Lock and Fant helps them but they need to hit on a ton of later picks to help fill out that roster. Either that or add some pieces in FA.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 66
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up