ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 32
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
dirk digler 12:44 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
How does this look to you?

Not good but that was his rookie year not his 2nd year.

This blows Zach away

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:47 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Exactly. If they aren’t 100% sure he is the guy, they are better off moving on after the season vs hoping the light turns on. Each year they commit to him being their starter if they aren’t sure is a year they miss out on possibly getting a replacement QB and another year gone on the contracts of the young talent they currently have.
I hope they do. And I hope the Chiefs pick him up to back up Pat and Shane. He would thrive on this team with Andy's coaching and this locker room. He could turn this kid into a pre-season monster that they could then flip for a second or third round pick to someone else. And would probably salvage his career at the same time with what he could learn here, allowing him to thrive elsewhere.

If the Jets aren't gonna invest the time and the resources needed, then the Chiefs should (for a fraction of the cost).
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:48 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Not good but that was his rookie year not his 2nd year.

This blows Zach away

In the first you see Josh Allen in the original Daboll offense where Allen was supposed to read the field and process like Brady then deliver to the open guy.

Allen looked absolutely as bad or worse than Wilson at this point.

The second that you like is after Daboll changed his Patriots way playbook into something based on Josh Allen's skillset.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:58 PM 11-22-2022
Tell me, what is the Jets record without Wilson this year?
What is their record without breece hall being a feature back?

They’re 1-2 without him, losing to 2 playoff teams. Again this is not an endorsement for Flacco. But w-L is a poor reason to endorse Wilson for the way he played. He’s not even winning in a Matt cassel way. He’s throwing for barely 100 yards most games and has 4 TDs all season.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 01:06 PM 11-22-2022
That Flacco is done. He was a QB that could win a SB years ago. Now he is washed.
He's not the QB that won the SB but he's not washed either. In three games he threw for 901 yards, 5 TD's and 3 INT's.

Flacco:
285 - 0/2
307 - 4/0
309 - 1/1

Wilson last 3 games:
77 - 0/0
154 - 1/0
355 - 2/3

Go deeper in wilson and his next three games are:
121 - 0/0
110 - 0/0
210 - 0/0

I mean, this guy just doesn't threaten teams with his arm, and they aren't winning because of him either. Flacco posses a legit threat in my opinion.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:08 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
I hope they do. And I hope the Chiefs pick him up to back up Pat and Shane. He would thrive on this team with Andy's coaching and this locker room. He could turn this kid into a pre-season monster that they could then flip for a second or third round pick to someone else. And would probably salvage his career at the same time with what he could learn here, allowing him to thrive elsewhere.

If the Jets aren't gonna invest the time and the resources needed, then the Chiefs should (for a fraction of the cost).
I would hope, but this kid reminds me of Rosen. He has all the tools but might never put it all together.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:09 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Geno is a nice comparison. There were knocks on him for being distant. Not as entitled as Zach Wilson but seeming to lack basic social awareness to lead a locker room. A hot prospect like geno or Wilson won’t go to the chiefs. He will find another team that gives him a shot to start and they’ll pay him handsomely.

Ultimately I think what turned geno around was maturity. The kind that finds itself with time. I dont think that’s an easy thing to fix otherwise. I could see Wilson getting there some day but I think what he needs most is some real adversity and to have to fight for his place.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:10 PM 11-22-2022
In the first you see Josh Allen in the original Daboll offense where Allen was supposed to read the field and process like Brady then deliver to the open guy.

The second that you like is after Daboll changed his Patriots way playbook into something based on Josh Allen's skillset.
Here is an article about that, they changed because they finally had the WR's with getting Diggs and drafting Davis.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...offense-career

Year 2 Zach shouldn't be missing simple throws on a regular basis.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:12 PM 11-22-2022

Offensive play calling is irrelevant if he is missing wide open throws and then blaming the wind.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:12 PM 11-22-2022
I would hope, but this kid reminds me of Rosen. He has all the tools but might never put it all together.
Rosen seems a bit much. There was tons of fire out there that his teammates flat out hated him. Same reason Connor cooks stock plummeted. I don’t think Wilson is nearly as abrasive. For now he’s either jimmy clausen who can never break out of the attitude. I think he has a shot to be a geno smith who’s generally a good kid that needs to grow up.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:14 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here is an article about that, they changed because they finally had the WR's with getting Diggs and drafting Davis.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...offense-career

Year 2 Zach shouldn't be missing simple throws on a regular basis.
No, that's wrong. Daboll totally changed the offense for Allen in his rookie year after Allen got injured.

Diggs was the final piece.

Year 2 John Brown was the zone beater and Beasley the man beater.

Diggs was final piece because they could run choice routes his way no matter the coverage.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:14 PM 11-22-2022
Depends.

If the jets OC refuses to call plays for Wilson and wants to Gase it up, Flacco would be more effective short-term.

It would get Saleh rightfully fired by next year though.

Flacco won't save your job in a division with Allen, Tua.

Miami did bench TUA for the back up and maybe that did him some good in the long run. I think it was last year in Tua's 2nd year as he was struggling just like Wilson.

Something needs to be done with/to/for Wilson.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:18 PM 11-22-2022
Offensive play calling is irrelevant if he is missing wide open throws and then blaming the wind.
Most of the routes the Jets are running are slow development down the field. Jets oline can't hold up for.

The "open" option against the Pat's were 2 to 3 yard passes where Patriots D were waiting, squatting.

Terrible awful design.

I'll post the Kurt Warner video where someone told me he sees stuff like that as well.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:19 PM 11-22-2022
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Miami did bench TUA for the back up and maybe that did him some good in the long run. I think it was last year in Tua's 2nd year as he was struggling just like Wilson.

Something needs to be done with/to/for Wilson.
Flores got fired.

Just like Saleh will if he keeps the dumb Lafleur brother.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:22 PM 11-22-2022
Most of the routes the Jets are running are slow development down the field. Jets oline can't hold up for.

The "open" option against the Pat's were 2 to 3 yard passes where Patriots D were waiting, squatting.

Terrible awful design.

I'll post the Kurt Warner video where someone told me he sees stuff like that as well.
Trust me I am not confusing LeFleur with Reid, but still Henne would have made some of those throws. Wilson is not beyond hope, but so far it’s not looking good for him.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 32
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up