ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 408 of 432
« First < 308358398404405406407408 409410411412418 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Lzen 08:42 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
And when called out on it..... :-)
Laughing Hysterically Laugh GIFfrom Laughing Hysterically GIFs

[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:52 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I have been a fan since 1986, and while Harris is very good, I would take Frank Mason first, and then I would take Graham, and then Collins, before I would take Harris.

And honestly, that is actually a huge compliment for Harris, as Mason was the unanimous CPOY, and Graham and Collins were All-Americans.
I think Jacque Vaughn deserves to be in that conversation.....
[Reply]
LoneWolf 09:13 AM 03-20-2023
So much for all the Big 12 is the greatest conference in college basketball nonsense.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:17 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
So much for all the Big 12 is the greatest conference in college basketball nonsense.
They say that about the Big10 all the time and they haven't won a championship since what? 2000?

I'm also not about to start chanting Big12 Big12 Big12 as KSU gets closer to the final four.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:21 AM 03-20-2023
The B12 could very well be looking at 5 straight titles If things were a touch diff. Mahomes U had a natty in 2019 that they lost at the last second by Virginia’s three, which forced OT. Obv 2020 was the Covid cancel with Kansas and Baylor the two best teams (combined 30% chance to win it all per Vegas).

Baylor Kansas went back to back, and Tejas looks as good as anyone this year. Are we supposed to dismiss the league because TCU lost by 3 to Gonzaga or Kansas lost by 1 without their coach? Silly
[Reply]
LoneWolf 10:15 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The B12 could very well be looking at 5 straight titles If things were a touch diff. Mahomes U had a natty in 2019 that they lost at the last second by Virginia’s three, which forced OT. Obv 2020 was the Covid cancel with Kansas and Baylor the two best teams (combined 30% chance to win it all per Vegas).

Baylor Kansas went back to back, and Tejas looks as good as anyone this year. Are we supposed to dismiss the league because TCU lost by 3 to Gonzaga or Kansas lost by 1 without their coach? Silly
I was speaking about this year. All the talk all year was how the Big 12 was by far the best conference in the nation. There was legitimate conversations about 9 of the 10 teams making the tournament. It wouldn't be surprising if none of the teams from the Big 12 make the Elite 8.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:39 AM 03-20-2023
John Calipari, I am asking you for a divorce.

Thread starterIndyCat1995 Start date52 minutes ago

When I first met you, it was truly love at first site. You could do no wrong, our honeymoon phase lasted longer than most. We had so many great moments early on, with our best year together being 2012. We had some lows too, but we always came back stronger. We never quite got back to the peak, but I always believed in you and defended you against the naysayers that said we wouldn't work.

But then you changed, or better put, showed me who you really were. You're stubborn and refuse to do the things needed to repair our relationship. I don't think you want this anymore, and you are using the leverage you have in this relationship to suck the remaining joy out of me.

I've wanted this to work for so long, I tried my best to hold on and told myself it would get better when deep down I knew this was it. But today I woke up and decided I don't want you anymore either.

Dear John, it's not me. It's you.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...ivorce.389953/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:39 AM 03-20-2023
Treating a one to two game sample size as more important than hundreds of games as some kind of evidence of conference strength simply because those games come at the end of the season is certainly an odd argument to make.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:44 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
I think Jacque Vaughn deserves to be in that conversation.....
Vaughn and Miles were both great, and if either were reliable scorers, they would have been on my list.

Harris is a lot like them, actually. Great at distributing the ball, great on defense, but just not a consistent scorer.

Assists and defense are important for a PG, but Self has been moving towards combo guards for years, and a lot of college basketball is now moving that way too.

If the PG isn't a threat to score, especially without the ball in his hands all the time, it makes it much easier for defenses.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 11:01 AM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
John Calipari, I am asking you for a divorce.

Thread starterIndyCat1995 Start date52 minutes ago

When I first met you, it was truly love at first site. You could do no wrong, our honeymoon phase lasted longer than most. We had so many great moments early on, with our best year together being 2012. We had some lows too, but we always came back stronger. We never quite got back to the peak, but I always believed in you and defended you against the naysayers that said we wouldn't work.

But then you changed, or better put, showed me who you really were. You're stubborn and refuse to do the things needed to repair our relationship. I don't think you want this anymore, and you are using the leverage you have in this relationship to suck the remaining joy out of me.

I've wanted this to work for so long, I tried my best to hold on and told myself it would get better when deep down I knew this was it. But today I woke up and decided I don't want you anymore either.

Dear John, it's not me. It's you.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...ivorce.389953/
All they gotta do is cough up the $40 million or whatever crazy # it is to move on to the next coach they'll hate.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:02 AM 03-20-2023
I was speaking about this year. All the talk all year was how the Big 12 was by far the best conference in the nation. There was legitimate conversations about 9 of the 10 teams making the tournament. It wouldn't be surprising if none of the teams from the Big 12 make the Elite 8.
And?
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:09 AM 03-20-2023
If Kansas makes a couple free throws or maybe has their HoF coach, I believe the Big 12 would have more teams in the SS than any other conference. :-)
[Reply]
rfaulk34 01:06 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If Kansas makes a couple free throws or maybe has their HoF coach, I believe the Big 12 would have more teams in the SS than any other conference. :-)
OR! If Ky has either of 2 guys that played like utter shit, simply play average, the Little 12 has one less and the SEC has one more.

Until next week...
[Reply]
ultimate175 01:13 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
OR! If Ky has either of 2 guys that played like utter shit, simply play average, the Little 12 has one less and the SEC has one more.
Exactly why the NCAA tournament is a poor proxy for conference strength. Otherwise we'd be arguing the Northeast Conference was grossly underseeded.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:31 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:

Until next week...
If you weren't with us when we lost in the first round to a 15 seed, you don't deserve to be with us when we make it to the 2nd round. 😤
[Reply]
Page 408 of 432
« First < 308358398404405406407408 409410411412418 > Last »
Up