ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 403 of 432
« First < 303353393399400401402403 404405406407413 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:40 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJay23:
100%

People on Twitter saying "Like KU wouldn't have been celebrating."

Yes, we would be happy, but not THAT happy.
There would’ve been a little extra juice, because we got out of the first round with Norm and could possibly be getting Self back for next weekend.

I’ll always believe that this team was going to the Final Four with Self back for the second weekend. The emotional and strategical lift would’ve gotten them over the hump.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:44 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Disagree completely on refs, 3/4 best Arky players fouled out . If anything that’s our advantage.

And I do agree on Self. Norm gave up 45 in the second half by sticking with man and letting Davis drive to his left endlessly. Also, man surrenders more 2nd chance points whuch they beat us 15-2

Norm basically is a clown, far as I can tell
Zone typically is harder to DREB out of, especially if you don't run it much and can't find your guy to blockout quickly without thinking about it. Plus, it is easier to get out of position and give up leverage on a blockout.

No clue if Self would have went zone earlier. I thought our best defensive possessions were in man when we played WAAAAY off their non-shooters. At one point we had 4 dudes with a foot in the lane, and somehow, they couldn't do anything about it. But you can't do it with braindead players out there. Self definitely has a better idea of what his players can do and what margins he can push.

Moreover, I think Self could have tightened up some of the execution up pretty easily. There was a lot of pressing especially after fouls racked up and that led to - more fucking fouling. At one point, I think there was 6 minutes left KJ with 4 fouls, straight up grabbed the guy driving through the lane. It was absolutely fucking retarded. Somehow thy didn't call it. But I think Self could have gotten the mental focus back in line.

I think the real killer was Harris' injury. He came back, and while just having his brain out there is better than Yesufu and Pettiford on the aggregate, he didn't do anything explosive. Missing those plays is tough. KJ gets a vast majority of his plays from Harris doing Harris things. They smartly sold out covered up Dick. Wilson was struggling with the athleticism. I love McCullar. I'll Stan for the guy, but his value isn't creating. We really needed someone to make the defense move and create space and angles offensively because after he got hurt, there was very little in transition and the offense labored. Hell, the last 3 minutes of the first half might have been enough.

That's the big killer IMO, that nobody is talking about.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:45 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJay23:
100%

People on Twitter saying "Like KU wouldn't have been celebrating."

Yes, we would be happy, but not THAT happy.
LOL

Self has 2 motherfucking titles. Both of which required a bigger comeback than Arky did. Self was fully clothed at all times.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:06 AM 03-19-2023
Here’s a nice breakdown for the incoming class. Lots to be excited about.

Chris Johnson has NBA talent but he’s a hot head. Could be a Legerald Vick and get himself in the dog house. Could also get his act together and be the next great shooting guard at Kansas. He could be a great shooter if he gains some consistency.

Jamari McDowell does everything can play 1-3. Could be a Marcus Garrett type.

Elmarko Jackson is a Bill Self point guard. I think Self trusts him immediately and he starts next to Harris. Self loves playing two point guards.

[Reply]
dlphg9 10:28 AM 03-19-2023
Y'all lucky as hell Mizzou lost, cuz I was fully prepared to come brag about MU's Sweet 16 season, but fuck I can't even have that.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:39 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Y'all lucky as hell Mizzou lost, cuz I was fully prepared to come brag about MU's Sweet 16 season, but fuck I can't even have that.
Didn’t know y’all be playing until I saw the score in the top scroll. Gates had a great debut and he will get calls for sure for jobs. Maybe even ours, if Self quits.

If that happens we will obv do a regime change, Norm ain’t it. I’d call the Muscle Man for sure altho he’s already 58. My hire would be Chris Beard and IDGAF about his ex’s claims
[Reply]
bdj23 10:43 AM 03-19-2023
Y'all lucky as hell Mizzou lost, cuz I was fully prepared to come brag about MU's Sweet 16 season, but **** I can't even have that.
KU still bent you guys over so kindly gtfo
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:44 AM 03-19-2023
It’s someone else’s turn.

We’ve finished 2 of the last 3 seasons as the top team in college basketball. A hell of a run.

This one ended early in a 1 point game with a gimpy point guard and without our Hall of Fame head coach.

I don’t think anyone here is overly concerned with Mizzou trolling efforts.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:57 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
So what does next years team look like?
I think we’re in good shape.

The incoming guards are good. Chris Johnson could be an NBA player. He has the most potential as a scorer. Elmarko will be a nice compliment to Harris at the off ball duel point guard.

I’m really hoping MJ Rice comes back. He had such bad luck this year and never got it together. He could be a major surprise.

I expect/hope Pettiford, Clemence, and Yesufu will be gone. We need some fresh blood and they have proven to be low ceiling players.

If Marcus Adams reclassifies to come in next year and we land a shooter in the portal, we’ll be really good.

Next year might not be the National Championship contending team, but they also won’t likely have too many departures leading into 2024-2025 either. That team could be really special.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:02 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
KU still bent you guys over so kindly gtfo
Grow some thicker skin, Jesus. We get KU dipshits in the MU threads constantly. If what I said hurt your feelings so much after you won the tourney last and Mizzou can't even make the Sweet 16, then you are quite the pussy.
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:03 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It’s someone else’s turn.

We’ve finished 2 of the last 3 seasons as the top team in college basketball. A hell of a run.

This one ended early in a 1 point game with a gimpy point guard and without our Hall of Fame head coach.

I don’t think anyone here is overly concerned with Mizzou trolling efforts.
BDj23 seems pretty concerned.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:03 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Is KCC still crying about the refs this AM?

It’s seriously pathetic when fans do this
If you have a refereeing crew that allows one team to turn a game into a fouling shitfest from anything resembling the game of basketball, I have no idea why anybody wouldn’t bitch about it. Too many teams try to do what Arkansas does and too many refs let it happen. It makes college basketball much worse for it.

It also goes without saying that we win that game easily if we play our 5 starters their regular minutes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:05 AM 03-19-2023
BDj23 seems pretty concerned.
Did he say something inaccurate? Kansas did humiliate Missouri on their home court.

Or did he imagine that?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:06 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
If you have a refereeing crew that allows one team to turn a game into a fouling shitfest from anything resembling the game of basketball, I have no idea why anybody wouldn’t bitch about it. Too many teams try to do what Arkansas does and too many refs let it happen. It makes college basketball much worse for it.

It also goes without saying that we win that game easily if we play our 5 starters their regular minutes.
Felt like that Tech game in the Big 12 tourney last year.

Difference is that we had Self for that one.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:09 AM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Or maybe Mccular and Jalen could hit front ends to stem their momentum. Or maybe force them to take jumpers. Or with 16 left dont try to get a two when you obv need 3. Muscle Man would’ve won that game if he coached us
[Reply]
Page 403 of 432
« First < 303353393399400401402403 404405406407413 > Last »
Up